• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL

Official merch from the devs lol.

https://shop.deadbydaylight.com/products/davids-hard-headlight-body-pillow

davd-body-pillow_1024x.png

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/59068/dedicated-servers-status-update#latest

Dedicated Servers being added to the PTB on 4/25. PTB should be live for us PC players within the next hour or so.

If the test goes well we'll get dedicated servers on the live server next month.

A lot of new stuff with this upcoming PTB, I can't wait for them to hit consoles. And the city I live in will have one of them:

Dead by Daylight will be using data centers from an established provider in supported regions.

For now, we will have centers located in the following areas:

• US East (Ohio)
  • US West (N. California)
  • South America (São Paulo)
  • EU (London)
  • EU (Frankfurt)
  • Asia Pacific (Singapore)
  • Asia Pacific (Seoul)
  • Asia Pacific (Tokyo)
Depending on the demand, we may add new regions in the future. We will be closely monitoring the performance with these regions for the time being.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
They might have well just deleted pig from the game. The reverse bear trap timer stops in terror rad? really? that is a terrible change.

People playing the ptb need to spam the hell out of it to tell them to change that.

Only good news is that sometime in May we are getting a blood point event.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Theres a lot of good things.

The pig nerf is so horrendous though that it negates all the good things for me personally.

Pig is one of my favorite killers :(

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the end game thing confuses me, can't you just all hide in a locker till the killer opens up a gate and then leave?

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You could but crows are a thing.

Gates open so fast now it's hardly a challenge
I don't play as often anymore, so I'm in the low ranks most of the time and the survivors are too chicken shit to open the gates, especially if killers like billy and nurse can just zoom between the two. now you just wait for them to open it up for you.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Watching a stream of one of my favourite players and just like he thought dedicated servers feel absolutely terrible when playing killer. Just watching it looks stupidly laggy.

Edit: He is playing Huntress now and hatchets are literally going straight through people and not hitting.

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Watching a stream of one of my favourite players and just like he thought dedicated servers feel absolutely terrible when playing killer. Just watching it looks stupidly laggy.

Edit: He is playing Huntress now and hatchets are literally going straight through people and not hitting.

Did they get any indication of what their ping was?

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

I mean, this is a test for that exact reason.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
A dev just posted this on Reddit:

Huge disclaimer: This is the first test for dedicated servers. There will be some gameplay issues. Right now we are focusing on making sure they can take the load and making sure everything's up and running. Following these tests, we're going to start ironing out some of the rough edges so everything feels the way it should (hit registration, lag compensation, etc.).

In short, if something feels a little off, don't panic, this is a super early test and we're going to fix it.

To the devs benefit. This is the first time in real games that the killer has had to deal with latency, so the game needs to be adjusted. These tests will find out exactly what issues are popping up so they can fix them before they can go live.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Nice build, going to use this double blood to level up all the killers so I can recreate it.

I doubt I will have enough to do all killers to 50 and then all survivors, so maybe this one I will go hard for all killers and then use next one for all survivors. But since they only have 2 double blood points a year, going to be a long wait.

I would kinda hope they for the final day, they would make it triple blood. Just for a day. It would be glorious.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area

Seeing as how Ghosface is most likely going to be the next killer what do you think his power will be?

I'm hoping he has a phone and can call the survivors. To call a survivor Ghostface switches to dial mode where he switches out his knife for a 90s style flip phone and performs a 5 second dial action. All survivors will spawn with a cell phone on their waist. When Ghostface performs the dial action all their phones will ring and let out a ring tone that emits a sound that can be heard 24 meters from a survivor.

Ghostface has no terror radius after he performs the dial action. However if one survivor answers their phone the dial sound will stop for all survivors and Ghostface regains his TR. This comes at a cost though for the survivor that answers the phone. That person now suffers from the exposed status for 60 seconds.

It'd be also cool to play into the whole stealth and stalking aspect by allowing Ghosface to 'teleport' between lockers. So Ghostface can enter a locker and once in gets a prompt to teleport to a nearby locker. Similar to how Hag's trap works.

Oct 27, 2017
Nashville

Seeing as how Ghosface is most likely going to be the next killer what do you think his power will be?

I'm hoping he has a phone and can call the survivors. To call a survivor Ghostface switches to dial mode where he switches out his knife for a 90s style flip phone and performs a 5 second dial action. All survivors will spawn with a cell phone on their waist. When Ghostface performs the dial action all their phones will ring and let out a ring tone that emits a sound that can be heard 24 meters from a survivor.

Ghostface has no terror radius after he performs the dial action. However if one survivor answers their phone the dial sound will stop for all survivors and Ghostface regains his TR. This comes at a cost though for the survivor that answers the phone. That person now suffers from the exposed status for 60 seconds.

I like this phone idea!

OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Keep Jeepers Creepers awayyyy.
I like the Ghostface phone idea, very sick.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
We should hopefully know on the 28th right?

This is in reference to RJ Torbert saying that guy would be the one to announce when Ghostface was put in a game in response to them asking for Ghostface to be added to DBD.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
Yes May 28th would be around the normal scheduled time for the next tease for the new killer before the PTB drops for Chapter 12. What makes Ghosface even more obvious is that the @TheWorldOFRSB guy recently deleted all his DbD and Ghostface related tweets and Instagram posts, including this one:

d0b01be3ec59a72585ce7ad5ecc51bfc.png

Looks like Behaviour got to him and told him to shut up. lol