• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
dead by daylight is the new todd mcfarlane.

edit: speaking of freddy, how would you feel, if they went with the show's mask?

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
dead by daylight is the new todd mcfarlane.

edit: speaking of freddy, how would you feel, if they went with the show's mask?

I think you mean Ghostface. lol

And he will most likely come with both masks. Season 3 of the tv show is coming soon and the big news with that is unlike the first two seasons which only had the rights to the Scream name and lore, this season will have rights to the Ghostface name and mask.* The story for season 3 of Scream is a reboot that takes place in Atlanta, Georgia. Lionsgate is producing the series as they own Scream. Lionsgate also owns Ash vs. Evil Dead and the Saw franchise. Two IPs already in Dead by Daylight.

* Yes it's weird but the Scream franchise and Ghostface are owned by separate companies. R.J. Torbert is the man responsible for the Ghostface likeness and it was his reply "he was working on it" to TheWorldOfRSB's tweet about Ghostface in DbD mid last year that started the speculation. His reply earlier this year that he keeps his promises and announced TheWorldOfRSB had an important announcement regarding Ghosface only caused more attention. TheWorldOfRSB's ecstatic social media posting that followed about Ghostface and DbD made it obvious.

Deleted member 5549

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think you mean Ghostface. lol

And he will most likely come with both masks. Season 3 of the tv show is coming soon and the big news with that is unlike the first two seasons which only had the rights to the Scream name and lore, this season will have rights to the Ghostface name and mask.* The story for season 3 of Scream is a reboot that takes place in Atlanta, Georgia. Lionsgate is producing the series as they own Scream. Lionsgate also owns Ash vs. Evil Dead and the Saw franchise. Two IPs already in Dead by Daylight.

* Yes it's weird but the Scream franchise and Ghostface are owned by separate companies. R.J. Torbert is the man responsible for the Ghostface likeness and it was his reply "he was working on it" to TheWorldOfRSB's tweet about Ghostface in DbD mid last year that started the speculation. His reply earlier this year that he keeps his promises and announced TheWorldOfRSB had an important announcement regarding Ghosface only caused more attention. TheWorldOfRSB's ecstatic social media posting that followed about Ghostface and DbD made it obvious.
yeah, sorry. my keyboard ate up all of my sentences. I mentioned freddy because they only had the license for the reboot. but good to hear season 3 is going with the original design!

OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Ghostface except its Scary Movie Ghostface.
Her%20face%20at%20the%20end%20reminds%20me%20of%20the%20scream%20_904fbde627912cd7b3c22d232cb7f638.jpg

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
One thing that makes me laugh is all the people still tea bagging at the exit games. I'm like damn, leave already I'm trying to maximize my time not watch you tea bag at the gates.

That ps4 close application no one gets points still around? Going to have to teach these tea baggers a lesson. Waste everyone's time!

Deleted member 5549

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
those events always bring the best and the worst out of people. in a normal game they usually just hide in bushes waiting to unhook you till the very last second. now they race each other for altruistic points.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Sorry even with a double BP event I'm not wasting time using party streamers in random lobbies when the other survivors could be useless crabwalkers/killer could just camp me to death 1st hook, I'll just get by running Were gonna farm forever. I'll only use them if I'm playing killer or playing SWF, sorry.

Also, just because it's a double BP event doesn't mean I want to farm every game, farming is boring.

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So U got Freddy and decided to mess around with a bloodwarden build.

I used NOED so that I was guaranteed a down so I could time blood warden properly.
Overall it was very fun but the standout moment was facing a SWF, I activate bloodwarden, and see that all surviving three are teabagging and flashlight clicking at the gate not realising they're trapped.

Ended up as the most satisfying 4k I've ever had.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
So U got Freddy and decided to mess around with a bloodwarden build.

I used NOED so that I was guaranteed a down so I could time blood warden properly.
Overall it was very fun but the standout moment was facing a SWF, I activate bloodwarden, and see that all surviving three are teabagging and flashlight clicking at the gate not realising they're trapped.

Ended up as the most satisfying 4k I've ever had.

There was a clip once from a stream where a guy had a mori and he ended up mori'ing 3 people at the exit gates while blood warden was active. That was pretty damn satisfying. So many times i've played as survivor and thought "well if this guy had blood warden we'd all be fucked right now".

Once the endgame is out BW will be more within the meta, which isn't uprising since the devs have talked at lengths about how they love it. It leads to some really fun and tense moments at the end of the game for sure. Get that hook with like 40 seconds left and you have a guaranteed kill on everyone left with the new end game rework

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Sometimes I really hate playing survivor, only because the other survivors like to unhook you right in front of the killer and they don't even use borrowed time so of course BPS go to waste because they live in a "fuck you got mine" mindset. Worst of all they want the unhook so badly they run to you and they don't care they have the killer right on their ass.

couple days ago I said I use them, but after that happening twice in a row with 2 new sets of people, screw that. No more wasting BPS for these assholes.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I picked this up today, is it normal for it to take so long to find a match? Playing as a Survivor and every game takes about 5 minutes to fill up, which seems weird as there's so many people playing.

EDIT: Just won a game, I actually did well and solo'd 2 generators and opened the door, I did totally bail on my team though but my will to survive was strong :D

Last edited:

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I picked this up today, is it normal for it to take so long to find a match? Playing as a Survivor and every game takes about 5 minutes to fill up, which seems weird as there's so many people playing.

EDIT: Just won a game, I actually did well and solo'd 2 generators and opened the door, I did totally bail on my team though but my will to survive was strong :D

What platform? Ive heard consoles take way longer than pc. Also at rank 20, this far into the rank reset, the game will have trouble finding people at your rank. Rank resets on the 13th of every month. Once that happens you should have faster queue times

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Also to add to the above, in an update that happened some time ago they made it impossible to lose rank whilst you are between rank 20 to 16 and also to derank below 15 once you reach that rank, this makes it harder to get games when you're down at the low ranks because the player pool is pretty small, I've heard it is terrible trying to get games as killer at rank 20 on all platforms.

Queue times should get better as you climb.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
What platform? Ive heard consoles take way longer than pc. Also at rank 20, this far into the rank reset, the game will have trouble finding people at your rank. Rank resets on the 13th of every month. Once that happens you should have faster queue times

PC at rank 20, I just tried to play as the killer and gave up after 10 minutes of waiting :(

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
This huntress achievement is going to haunt my dreams until I get it. I've been working on 100% achievements on this game for like fucking forever, and I just suck so bad with the Huntress. I'm at 7, and 5 of them are from 1 game with the survivors farming with me. For reference, I got the achievement for 1k hatchets thrown back in Oct 2018.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ayy lmao

had to check the replay here to double check that the hatch spawned literally under my feet lol. the pig was good and we were down a player, and when she came around that corner i was sure she'd seen me and i was fucked. but lo and behold, The Entity smiled upon me.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I am going to make SO many Scary Movie references when playing against/as The Ghost

"Can you see me now?"

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
I knew I was right. The leaks and speculation were too strong for the next killer to be anyone else. Morf claims he will not come with a survivor so I wonder if he's only a paragraph?

I'm glad he has cosmetics. Here's hoping the other movie killers get some too. His power sounds like it will be fun... and viable!? Could this be our first high tier licensed killer since Myers?

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
There was no survivor in the build but there also weren't any icons or even all the perks for The Ghost so the survivor might just not be ready yet (especially since an actual character from the movies is harder to license than Ghostfaces costume)

Clessidor

Oct 30, 2017
It's possible, because Ash's achievements are called "Chapter12_Survivor" internally on the SteamDB, Ghostface might come without one and they will be together be two paragraphs who take the place of Chapter 12 together.

Not sure what to think of his power. Have to play it, before I can judge it properly. But it clearly sounds like fun.
Also another licenced character is getting cosmetics:
D5-iMlMWkAQEZTw.jpg%3Alarge

D5-h0W7XoAAmLbj.jpg%3Alarge

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
They have actually referred to the ghostface update as a new chapter on Twitter while attempting damage control, not a paragraph

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Hooray Legion now requires a brain to play! Also Coldwind tiles finally fixed so you can actually mindgame them now.

Maybe I'll check out the whole endgame thing tomorrow.

Oct 27, 2017
Murfreesboro, TN
Happy as hell for Ghostface, but outside of his mask it doesn't look like him. Maybe they are pulling from the new season of the TV show if that is still going to be a thing? I hope not; I need that black robe and Sydney (or hell, Dewey) dammit.

OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Charms? Interesting. Give me some cute accessories plz.