• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Survivor queues are back to taking forever on PS4 after the bloodhunt, I guess I should just derank.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
It seems to be charms are really "just" charms, or pendants.

llfkpl09j0x21.jpg

djks785ej0x21.jpg

Alle Ghostface add-ons:

All animations including Mori:

https://v.redd.it/xoitqwska0x21

He takes a selfie with the corpse, nice.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Tonight was some bizzaro world shit, I actually got nice messages from survivors in 2 consecutive matches as killer, the first of which we laughed at one of their fellow survivors teabagging on the hatch whilst the 3rd survivor was being sacrificed and still doing so when I closed it in their face then proceeded to kill them. Granted I got a really salty one the game before those two from an immersed Claudette calling me camper tunneller after I closed the hatch in their face and then killed them after destroying the team.

Next time I see these people who think I camp when I'm the complete opposite I'll give them basementface so they know what camping is really like.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Don't know if the charms are really just earrings for the survivors, I hope not, but for the killers, they are accessories for the Hook, lmao.

zrh3hw51n5x21.jpg

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Im always impressed by these renders because they look always 5 times as good as in the real game. Just imagine if the game looks like this, man, I would buy tons of more cosmetics. xD

Last edited:

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Ghostface looks like the best killer in ages tbh. Cool gameplay as killer, spooky stealth as survivor. Should be great once it's done.

Some serious placeholders right now though, looks like it'll show all survivors when somebody is exposed, right now it shows it via the plague sickness though.

Yeah, but better textures therefore would be possible. I'm specially impressed by the render videos that they put out sometimes.

This has got me wondering now how they're going to handle the eventual PS5 and Next Gen Xbox versions. Are they going to do a pass and improve graphics all around? The game on ultra on PC already looks pretty decent, though I run at low settings because it makes the red stain easier to track.

Models on Ultra on PC:

http:///bNud.jpg
http:///cNud.jpg

Last edited:

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Ghostface looks like the best killer in ages tbh. Cool gameplay as killer, spooky stealth as survivor. Should be great once it's done.

Some serious placeholders right now though, looks like it'll show all survivors when somebody is exposed, right now it shows it via the plague sickness though.

To be honest, I'm extremely turned off by the red light thing, I honestly think this ruins the whole killer and people will always notice him immediately if you don't do it 100% right.
I'm a little bit pissed off even because of course there has to be some major catch from BHVR, like you could bet on it.
I would say I have hope here for a good and fair and we'll balanced killer and that they had an idea behind this. But then I look at the last patches and nerves and lazy half baked ideas like Endgame and I immediately know, nope, he won't, I can forget that.

xD This looks crazy tho:

A3bUtFx.gif

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
To be honest, I'm extremely turned off by the red light thing, I honestly think this ruins the whole killer and people will always notice him immediately if you don't do it 100% right.
I'm a little bit pissed off even because of course there has to be some major catch from BHVR, like you could bet on it.
I would say I have hope here for a good and fair and we'll balanced killer and that they had an idea behind this. But then I look at the last patches and nerves and lazy half baked ideas like Endgame and I immediately know, nope, he won't, I can forget that.

xD This looks crazy tho:

A3bUtFx.gif

Well the red stain disappears when you active the stealth. We'll need to see it completed, with actual moveset in and with some add-ons as well to see how it really plays.

The potential is so there though, i'll keep it optimistic as long as I can (I managed optimism about Legion for about 4 months lmao)

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Well the red stain disappears when you active the stealth. We'll need to see it completed, with actual moveset in and with some add-ons as well to see how it really plays.

The potential is so there though, i'll keep it optimistic as long as I can (I managed optimism about Legion for about 4 months lmao)

Yeah, I need to see real gameplay first, it was hard to understand what's even happening in the first video. It looks like his "stealth" power is only active for not even 3-4 seconds and runs out immediately? Like I said, hard to understand. :D

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Yeah, I need to see real gameplay first, it was hard to understand what's even happening in the first video. It looks like his "stealth" power is only active for not even 3-4 seconds and runs out immediately? Like I said, hard to understand. :D

Yeah that seemed WAY too fast. I was hoping it was just incomplete though.

I would expect it to last longer than that in the final build though, something like 20-30 seconds that has a recharge. It would make sense that the charge up would be long based on the ultra rare add on that immediately refills the power guage when a gen is completed.

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've had some nice endgame plays, so I appreciate that change. still experimenting, though. I'm trying to struggle on the hook while the time runs out, to see what will happen.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

Good video, lots of new gameplay from Ghostface and the confirmation that the charms on the survivors are hanging from the belts on the side of a character.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
Ghostface's stealth can last forever.. as long as a survivor does not spot him. If a survivor spots him he loses his stealth and must recharge his stealth meter.

So his power encourages smart stealth plays for the killer and for the survivor to be always looking around.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
all that matters is now a killer who can tea bag as fast as a survivor. Now can do it before picking them up to show them how silly they are for tea bagging at the pallets.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Had the shittest run of matches today.
1st match: Against the Pig, they found a survivor extremely quickly and downed them, that person rage quit and the killer proceeded to tunnel me
2nd match: against the Pig again, just a really shitty unlucky match (I despise the Pig and how matches against her go)
3rd match: against the Hillbilly, he started chasing another of the survivors straight away, they led him right to me and he downed me instead and then tunneled me
4th match: I literally just loaded in and had only just gotten control of my character when the Hillbilly was charging at me from his starting position, he downed me straight away and I just quit
5th match: The Cannibal tunneled me
6th match: a half decent match against a good Wraith, until there were 2 of us left. The other person was hiding behind a tree right next to me after I got hooked, they waited until the killer went away and then ran in the opposite direction to the other side of the map and hid until I died

At this point, being absolutely fed up with being a survivor I switched to killer (Hag) and used an offering go to the meat packing plant for some teleport shenanigans, then one of them disconnected while loading and the game completely broke and wouldn't send me back to the lobby even after 15 minutes. So I just gave up and force closed the game.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'd rather play against Billy constantly so long as they don't use instasaw than Spirit all the time, playing against Spirit is so boring. Pig isn't a particularly good killer but everyone plays her the same way on console, trap someone, hook them, crouch nearby, wait for unhook, tunnel the trap. Like if you're going to play like that with her you may as well play Wraith/Insidious Tum Tums instead.

Anyways repair points on generators are busted right now, if you repair one from start to finish without leaving it you get no bloodpoints at all for it outside the skillcheck points. The workaround is to repair until it is 99% and then get off the gen then finish it.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
lmao rank reset is always a blast.

Just had a group of sweaty survivors, dude clicked his flashlight only to be down within 3 seconds after that. Got a 3K, but the last guy DC'ed the second he went down at the end.

Great example of Rank Reset

unknown.png

Funny thing i was trying to give the last person the door but they quit as soon as i picked them up

Last edited:

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
my mom came for a visit and for the hell of it let her play some DBD. other than bejeweled or solitaire she has no experience in console/controller-based games. it's fun watching her figure out the controls while walking into walls constantly and I thought it would be extra hilarious in a game like DBD.

she escaped.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
my mom came for a visit and for the hell of it let her play some DBD. other than bejeweled or solitaire she has no experience in console/controller-based games. it's fun watching her figure out the controls while walking into walls constantly and I thought it would be extra hilarious in a game like DBD.

she escaped.

She did better than most survivors I know.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Mettle of Man is completely stupid as it currently is and absolutely needs a rework, it's as bad as old DS was for your standard M1 killers, made worse by whole teams running it.

Anyways rank reset is just hilarious, just played a Hag who not only 10 trapped the hook but also Insidious camped it. They still ended up with 0 kills, like how is that even possible.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
I just played for the first time since the end game collapse mechanic update. Wow, did they optimize the game a lot in this last update? On PS4 and the framerate is SMOOTH in general play compared to just a couple weeks ago when I played in the 2 x bloodpoint period, still some hiccups when gameplay events happen.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
They best give us a Freddy update already, they said May and nothing. Still have 2 weeks, so I am hoping next week is the week.

in the Dev update they posted they said we should have the freddy update details within the next 2 weeks. Hopefully they make it.

I just played for the first time since the end game collapse mechanic update. Wow, did they optimize the game a lot in this last update? On PS4 and the framerate is SMOOTH in general play compared to just a couple weeks ago when I played in the 2 x bloodpoint period, still some hiccups when gameplay events happen.

Yes. The last update was their first big pass for optimization with their new "strike team". They still are aiming to hit 60FPS on PS4 by the end of the next chapter? Sometime after Dedicated servers launch. They said the 3.0.0 update should bring some more as well.

CosmicElement

Oct 27, 2017
PSA: Tap your generators at 99% before they get fully repaired, otherwise you may not get all the repair points.
It's a stupid new bug. If you fully repair a gen without taking your hands off it, the repair points may not be rewarded.