• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I don't have a hatred towards any particular character that people play, I just hate you if you run urban evasion. Extra hate for the P3 Blendette urban players because they are all useless.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I swear this matchmaking as a survivor on PS4 is beyond fucking broken. I am so tired of just WAITING and not finding shit. They had fixed it in an update (before Legion) where it was actually quite fast, both solo & SWF, but then they reverted it back to this travesty.

And when I do find a lobby, the killer fucking dodges it every single time. God. This game is so fun, but this MM is the only downfall for PS4.

Clessidor

Oct 30, 2017
EDIT: At 41 seconds in that you can see Freddy has a bar on his power like the legion or the spirit.
They really love that bar now. Spirit, Legion, Plague, Freddy rework and Ghostface. They should really call it the Year of the red bar. Also if you look closer it seems like the picked up survivor is not in the dreamstate, but still sees Freddy and when Freddy has the succesfull hit animation, the only injured survivor is not within the dreamstate as well.
Looking forward how much different Freddys playstyle will become.

OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I bought Fortnites battle pass and I don't even play Fortnite much, fuck.

That means I'm definitely invested in this one....

I hope the cosmetics are good.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
They really love that bar now. Spirit, Legion, Plague, Freddy rework and Ghostface. They should really call it the Year of the red bar.

I'm cool with that. The last killer they released without a red power bar is my least favorite killer by far (The Clown)

I bought Fortnites battle pass and I don't even play Fortnite much, fuck.

That means I'm definitely invested in this one....

I hope the cosmetics are good.

same.

I'm honestly happy with the battle pass since i play a fuck ton of DBD without any rewards already so I may as well get some new skins to go along with it. Maybe some free auric cells as well so I can buy whatever the heck i want.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
They gave a schedule for the livestream

G29NQG7I6ANQ.jpg

YEAR 4 PANEL
  • Introduce the Year 4 Roadmap its main pillars.
  • 4 Chapters
  • Live Design
  • Game Health
  • New goals for players
LIVE DESIGN PANEL
  • Present The Nightmare rework
  • Discuss new map rework philosophy
COMMUNITY PANEL
  • Discuss the impact of the community on the game
  • Overview of the last year best Dead by Daylight community moments
  • Share the community activities for June 2019, the 3rd year Anniversary month.
CHAPTER 12: GHOST FACE PANEL
  • Discuss our vision of the new Killer
  • Share the Killer's background story
  • Introduce the Killer gameplay (power and perks)

Is it just me or does that confirm no survivor for Chapter 12?

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if licensing somebody's likeness is a financial issue, but I can see them having licensed killer only and maybe work on getting horrror-related personalities as survivors. something like a tom savini or elvira. that way you don't have a movie studio breathing down your neck all the time.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
3 matches in a row where I die on my first hook because nobody fucking saves me. God I swear to god I hate urban evasion so much. That perk needs to be deleted.
Let me guess, they all crouched around doing nothing as well whilst you died 1st hook because that's the typical useless urban evasion user. Crouch around literally everywhere even when the killer is clearly chasing someone else because they must save their sprint burst and still last only 10 seconds when found. Also, camp every pallet on the map.

There is nothing worse than having 3 urban evasion users as teammates.

Deleted member 13550

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been watching a shit ton of Tru3Ta1ent's videos again lately... and want to hop back in once i get PS+ back. Does it still have an active playerbase on Playstation?

I took a break after a really frustrating match and my mates stopped playing completely, but i want to give it another try.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I've been watching a shit ton of Tru3Ta1ent's videos again lately... and want to hop back in once i get PS+ back. Does it still have an active playerbase on Playstation?

I took a break after a really frustrating match and my mates stopped playing completely, but i want to give it another try.

Its really active dont need to worry

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
So, I play this game occasionally, so I don't know all of the mechanics well.

I've noticed in the last day or so that occasionally a game will end and a survivor will escape, but all the generators aren't done. In this last game, there were two generators left and three of the survivors had been sacrificed, and the game suddenly ended with the last survivor escaping. Does this have something to do with the escape hatch? Or is there a survivor perk that lets them do this? I don't see how to stop this from happening, since it gives me no notification that something is about to happen that will end the game.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
So, I play this game occasionally, so I don't know all of the mechanics well.

I've noticed in the last day or so that occasionally a game will end and a survivor will escape, but all the generators aren't done. In this last game, there were two generators left and three of the survivors had been sacrificed, and the game suddenly ended with the last survivor escaping. Does this have something to do with the escape hatch? Or is there a survivor perk that lets them do this? I don't see how to stop this from happening, since it gives me no notification that something is about to happen that will end the game.

It's the new "endgame collapse" feature introduced a few updates ago, where the game will give the last survivor a chance to escape even if there are generatos left to fix.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
It's the new "endgame collapse" feature introduced a few updates ago, where the game will give the last survivor a chance to escape even if there are generatos left to fix.

How does this work? Does it open the gates for them? Does this happen every game when one survivor is left?

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
How does this work? Does it open the gates for them? Does this happen every game when one survivor is left?

Whenever 1 survivor is left the hatch spawns. If the killer closes the hatch it powers the gates so the survivor can try to exit via the gates. If the survivor has a key they can also use that to reopen the hatch

Edit: also the hatch spawns when more than 1 survivor is alive with this formula

Gens conpleted = survivors alive + 1

2 survivors, 3 gens completed
3 survivors, 4 gens completed
4 survivors all gens completed

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Whenever 1 survivor is left the hatch spawns. If the killer closes the hatch it powers the gates so the survivor can try to exit via the gates. If the survivor has a key they can also use that to reopen the hatch

Edit: also the hatch spawns when more than 1 survivor is alive with this formula

Gens conpleted = survivors alive + 1

2 survivors, 3 gens completed
3 survivors, 4 gens completed
4 survivors all gens completed

Thanks you guys. So do you basically have to watch for where the hatch is and if it gets down to where this would apply, go shut the hatch as soon as you can?

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Thanks you guys. So do you basically have to watch for where the hatch is and if it gets down to where this would apply, go shut the hatch as soon as you can?

Yes, don't actively stop pursuing survivors for the hatch, but just keep an eye out for it. If the hatch opens then immediately run by and shut that shit.

The hatch spawn is completely random. It can spawn in any individual tile on the map. Each tile is 1 structure. Stuff like the killer shack, a hill, a jungle gym. Generally easy way to distinguish a tile is if a pallet has spawned there.

I just bought Ash. I am weak :(

Not weak, just a person of high class. I have my ash p2 and currently working on getting him all perks. Dude is a legend.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, don't actively stop pursuing survivors for the hatch, but just keep an eye out for it. If the hatch opens then immediately run by and shut that shit.

The hatch spawn is completely random. It can spawn in any individual tile on the map. Each tile is 1 structure. Stuff like the killer shack, a hill, a jungle gym. Generally easy way to distinguish a tile is if a pallet has spawned there.

Just won a game (first game as Legion!) by doing this. One survivor left and I found the hatch and shut it.. Then I was able to cut the last survivor off while trying to open the gate!

CosmicElement

Oct 27, 2017
Just won a game (first game as Legion!) by doing this. One survivor left and I found the hatch and shut it.. Then I was able to cut the last survivor off while trying to open the gate!
Nice. The EGC is fairly strong for Killers if they're able to close the hatch in time. Unless the gates are decently far apart, or if the Killer isn't good at patrolling, the Survivors are done for.

Oct 27, 2017
Manchester, UK
I don't know if licensing somebody's likeness is a financial issue, but I can see them having licensed killer only and maybe work on getting horrror-related personalities as survivors. something like a tom savini or elvira. that way you don't have a movie studio breathing down your neck all the time.

I wish they'd do what they did with Halloween, where its not Jamie Lee Curtis' likeness used for Laurie Strode, but it is still recognisably Laurie.
I love playing DbD for that final girl fantasy, and since we got Quentin from the Elm Street remake in place of my girl OG Nancy, I really hope to be able to play as Sidney Prescott in some form.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I mostly play survivor and killer here and there. Lately I've been playing more killer because of the atrocious matchmaking as a survivor on PS4. I'm maining Trapper. Idgaf if everyone says he's not that good, but I'm making it work by forcing them into the last 3 gen strat and trapping the living fuck out of the area.

Last edited: