• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Manchester, UK
Oh, looks like we got a trailer for Ghostface. Confirmation that there is no survivor as well
I really like that trailer! It really feels like they've captured the right tone for Scream!
I'm disappointed there's no Sidney (I was actually talking with my boyfriend last night of potential perks she could have as a sort of support character, since she works in victim support in the later films), but Ghost Face is someone who could tempt me to play Killer from time to time!

Clessidor

Oct 30, 2017
Damn, i was hoping for a moment that the new map would be a giant costco type market. Now that would be fun and very very bright.
Yeah, that there is no new map is a bummer. On the other hand they are promising some exciting map reworks, they will talk about on Friday. I think it will be the same panel on which they talk about Freddy rework.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Playing killer is so much less stressful than survivor, I can just meme and it's pretty relaxing. Meanwhile as survivor you can run a killer the whole game only to be downed by NOED, have useless crabwalkers as teammates and have people disconnect the moment they hear a hillbilly chainsaw.

OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Nintendo Switch version coming September 24th.

It would be nice if it had cross play and cross progression but I'm not expecting it

Edit: beaten lol.

Clessidor

Oct 30, 2017
What might be also important to know. According to forum post the Switch version will come with 9 Killers, 10 survivors and 3 cosmetic packs. Most likely all are original ones. Maybe everything original until Spirit and Jeff? They will talk about it on friday.
Besides that we will get Ghostface on June 18th.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Wow look at that, the guy in the ghost face trailer is actually a character from FFXV

NyMyC0W.jpg

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
People really, really need to stop self caring against sloppy butcher + thanatophobia Legions(and all Legions in general I guess but especially those running those 2 perks) and realise that they are wasting so much time by doing so which could be spent on, you know, just doing a generator. Teabagging next to me to try and get me to get off the gen to heal me isn't going to work.

Edit: Also, stop cleansing instantly against the Plague when you aren't even injured. In fact just don't cleanse at all until endgame.

Last edited:

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
So we know now that the upcoming paragraph chapter is only a "Ghostface" chapter and has nothing to do with Scream. This is confirmation that Lantern Entertainment, the successor to the Weinstein Company, declined to let Behaviour use Scream stuff.

The thing is that it just hit me that they also own the Hellraiser franchise. So Pinhead seems unlikely now. :(

So I decided to see who owns the reaming popular licensed movie/TV killers candidates. Here's a list of them all and their owners, along with licensed characters already in the game (which are marked green):

Lantern Entertainment
Pinhead
Ghostface +

+ Only when the mask is paired with the black robe from the films. Hence why DbD's Ghostface doesn't have it.

Fun World:
Ghostface +

+ Only the name and mask.

Sony:
Candyman *
Kayako +
Ash ~

* First film only
+ Only the American films
~ Evil Dead II only

Universal:
Chucky *
Candyman +
Dracula
Wolfman
Creature from the Black Lagoon
The Thing
Ash ~

* MGM owns the rights to the first film
+ Second film only
~ Only Army of Darkness

Disney:
Xenomorph
Predator
Terminator *

* While not a horror character, or in DbD, is in Deathgarden another Behviour game

Warner Brothers:
Pennywise *
Jason Voorhees +
Ash ~
Leatherface ^
Freddy Krueger

* Appears King and/or his publisher has veto over video game content and will not allow him to appear in any game. You get the sense he was intended to be in both DbD and MK11.
+ Until 2019 they owned the IP and the last 4 films. Now Victor Miller, the screenwriter for the first film, owns a part of the IP thanks to a recent court case. Legal appeals are ongoing. It's a mess to put it nicely.
~ Only the first film.
^ Only the 5th and 6th movies in the franchise.

MGM:
Chucky *
The Creeper +
Candyman ~

* Only the first film
+ Seemed possible he was coming to the game at one time, but the sex controversy surrounding his creator quickly killed that idea.
~ Will release the Jordon Pelee movie coming out in 2020.

Paramount
Jason Voorhees *
Sadako/Samara +

* Only the first 8 films.
+ Only the two American films.

Lionsgate
Candyman *
The Pig
Ash +
Leatherface ~

* Third film only
+ Ash vs Evil Dead only.
~ With the exception of films 5 and 6.

Toho
Sadako/Samara +

+ Only the Japanese films.

Toei Company
Kayako +

+ Only the Japanese films.

Miramax
Micheal Myers

Netflix
The Demogorgon

Independent (No company owners)
The Tall Man (Phantasm)

So going by this list I'd say Xenomorph, and Candyman are the most likely next licensed killers. Both have owners who are already working with Behaviour. Both are common requests from the DbD fans.

The Alien franchise is not split between multiple owners so negotiations should be easy. Candyman is more of a mess, but as the Ghostface and Ash vs Evil Dead DLC show, you don't need all the IP owners on board for licensed content to work.

It also helps that Candyman has a movie coming up in 2020 and I could see Behaviour being able to convince Universal that DbD DLC would make a great advertisement for the new film. Universal did recently license that Jurasic Park sim game for example. If not, they could pull another Ghostface, and make it clear the DLC is only a "Candyman: Day of the Dead" chapter.

Chucky, The Demogorgon, Sadako, Kayako, and the Universal classic monsters I also see as possible gets. It's just right now Behvaiour has no working relationship with their owners. That we publicly no off. Who knows maybe deals and talks are already in plan. It is known Netflix wants to use their IP in video games and they do have plans to attend E3 so who knows...

Video game characters ownserhip is more simple than movies. Most video game IPs are owned entirely by their publishers or their developers. Hence why I did not add them to my list. It's pretty damn obvious who owns Jill Valentine or Pyramid Head for instance.

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
boy, those licenses are a mess! considering we're getting extra cosmetics for the pig and tapp (and got additional stuff for ash) I'd say, they have a good relationship to lionsgate. so candyman will most likely be the next thing. didn't know about the remake, something else to look forward to!

edit: fucking hell, candyman remake is mgm. as I said, what a mess!

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Selfish care wastes so much time especially against sloppy butcher. It's not that bad if you have botany knowledge and resilience cuz it's actually quite fast. However, most people don't use those perks with self care so it takes an eternity for them to heal. I don't even play with self care anymore unless I'm running botany and resilience for actually fast self heals. I wish other survivors got the memo but they don't. Oh well.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Can someone link me to a tutorial that go a little more in-depth of what you'd teach a brand new player? I've been playing on and off since August of 2019 (PlayStation Plus) and there's still some things I don't get, primarily looping and perk builds. Does anyone do a state of the (meta)game on perks? That site that ranks the perks with stars (can't think of it off the top of my head) has been sort of helpful for picking out perks, as well as that recent graphic that showed what Rank 1-4, 5-9, and 10-14 all used percentage wise with some other popular outliers. A lot of people say no self care but these people seem to run it (unless I'm misreading the statistics). Anyway, some stuff that just goes beyond the concept of popping gens and running but strategies for gen management, looping, body blocking, etc. Thanks.

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone link me to a tutorial that go a little more in-depth of what you'd teach a brand new player? I've been playing on and off since August of 2019 (PlayStation Plus) and there's still some things I don't get, primarily looping and perk builds. Does anyone do a state of the (meta)game on perks? That site that ranks the perks with stars (can't think of it off the top of my head) has been sort of helpful for picking out perks, as well as that recent graphic that showed what Rank 1-4, 5-9, and 10-14 all used percentage wise with some other popular outliers. A lot of people say no self care but these people seem to run it (unless I'm misreading the statistics). Anyway, some stuff that just goes beyond the concept of popping gens and running but strategies for gen management, looping, body blocking, etc. Thanks.
wait, you have the ability to time travel and you use it to learn how to loop killers in dbd? seriously?

edit: kidding, obviously, I think this is what you were looking for?

we may be bitching a lot about certain perks, but they're there and you should not feel pressured into ditching them. self care is a great crutch for those who're not too familiar with everything the game has to offer.

as for how to use perks efficiently (if even possible), maybe check out hybridpanda's shrinewatch on youtube (couldn't find a playlist to link).

Last edited:

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL

There's some good youtube tutorials in regards to looping. Here's some from my boy tofu on pallets and structures. They're a bit old now but they still have a bunch of great info

General Survivor Video:

Looping:

Perks (This is the most outdated):

Structures:

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I could only see chucky being added if he was at least 5 foot 5. He'd be too short and probably OP with the mind game potential, but also grass would be a fuckin bitch.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I want to get the lore and unlockables just because. Not because I put more money into the game. There's already MTX and Chapters to buy. Now a battle pass too?

Well the lore and stuff is all free. There's just extra cosmetics for the paid battle pass, which is payable with shards. Not bad imo.

I already play a ton and get no cosmetics for it and now i get shit for it. Cheap ass skins.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Can someone post a summary of the Freddie rework? I tuned out because I thought they weren't diving into anything more relevant lol.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Can someone post a summary of the Freddie rework? I tuned out because I thought they weren't diving into anything more relevant lol.

i'll write something up 1 sec

EDIT:

You don't need to be asleep to see Freddy or get hit by Freddy. He's only invis outside of a "range"
Survivors now just fall asleep naturally during the game with 3 phases of sleep level.
They added a new item that spawns in the match that you can use to wake up (A clock on a nightstand)
You still wake up when failing a skill check, but now it's all skill checks including sabotage.
Freddy no longer can put survivor to sleep
Freddy can place fake pallets that are only visible when you're asleep. Survivors can still interact with them, but they just blow up when dropped*
Freddy can place traps that activate after 2 seconds. It slows survivors when they walk over them*
Freddy can teleport to gens with a charge teleport that takes 5 seconds. Survivors are notified when he starts TP'ing
When you're awake you hear the standard terror radius. When asleep you hear the lullaby. The lullaby is not omnidirectional like the terror radius.

*Devs are still deciding if both of these make it in. Might be 1 or both or maybe 1 is an add-on.

Last edited:

CosmicElement

Oct 27, 2017
From the reddit thread:

• Difference between update and rework - update is like Wraith and Legion changes. Rework is change of power completely, killer plays differently, addons and everything else changed.
  • Why change Freddy?
  • Players were frustrated playing as him and against him. Invisibility by default is hard on new players. Action speed debuff is a bitch. (my words)
  • Old freddy was delay type character - new freddy has map mobility and an active power. No more interaction debuff!
  • New Power - New sleep cycle and new dream abilities.
  • Sleep Cycle - microsleep! (awake, freddy will be able to hit you right away, freddy blinks in and out at distance), survivors fall asleep passively! (when asleep, hear lullaby instead of TR, Freddy is fully visible)
  • ANY failed skillcheck wakes you up, you can wake each other up. Dream object (clock on dresser) will always wake you up.
  • Dream visual is changing for the better. Dream World is staying.
  • Dreams Abilities - Dream Traps and "something else".
  • Dream pallets! You can place them on spawn points where pallets normally spawn. Awake survivors do not see these. When interacted with, they explode in BLOOD.
  • Dream Snare! (Not sure if they want both or one or other) Can use actively in chase. Place on ground, takes two seconds to arm, when survivor walks over it, they are slowed initially and for some time after.
  • Generator Teleport! - You can aim at Generator, channel ability for 5 seconds, and teleport to gen.