• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Freddy rework sounds great, need to see it in action more because the stream was lacking in that department. So hopefully soon a better explanation.

Pudie

The Fallen
Aug 19, 2018
Really excited for a viable Freddy. I love him currently besides the Dream transition, so I'll probably main him with these changes.

They also said the Dream World will look a bit different, but wouldn't say or show anything else.

Oct 25, 2017
So happy that they're reworking Freddy. Me and my friends play survivors and playing against Freddy is consistently unfun and frustrating.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Personally. I think it's about time that they got rid of bloodlust.

They added in bloodlust because the game was fucking broken and it was impossible to catch survivors over infinites. Most infinites are gone now and they're reworking to remove all abusable windows and fat shaming spots. I think now is the time to just fully remove bloodlust.

They want to have a bunch of medium tier level safe pallets, but if they're going to do that they need to encourage actual good play and not just mindless killer running back and forth until they have enough bloodlust to win the chase.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I was about to say that if they rework all the super safe pallets and replace them with a bunch of somewhat safe + unsafe ones bloodlust has to go. If a pallet is safe until the killer just gets to bloodlust 3 then becomes unsafe it promotes braindead no skill gameplay from unskilled killers. I just hope pallets don't become like the one in the main building on the temple map which is the most useless one in the game.

If all the problematic windows are going as well(thing like the ironworks one) then I'd say Bamboozle needs a rework as well, it's a band aid fix in perk form.

I hope the 2nd map getting a rework is Haddonfield, it's absolutely the map that needed fixing more than any other. Just having balanced landing makes basically every building broken. I'm not surprised when killers DC when it pops up.

Oct 27, 2017
Manchester, UK
Me after this weekend and the year 4 news:
wutQn4B.jpg

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Game 1 tonight: A Billy where a teammate disconnected the moment they heard the chainsaw 2 seconds in, just walked up to them to get them to kill me because 3 person 5 gens isn't fun
Game 2: A Freddy where teammates didn't even bother trying to do gens until I got Ruin, did 2 1/2 gens solo
Game 3: A spirit: As above, this time they didn't even have Ruin. Decided to actually do gens when I was hooked and left me to die
Game 4: A hag that basically 10 trapped and camped every single hook, did 3 1/2 gens solo and teammate got salty that I didn't bother saving them when I didn't have Borrowed Time with a Hag as good as facecamping them
Game 5: Another Freddy where a teammate hookrushed everyone then sandbagged me

Fuck this, I'm taking a break. This is at rank 4/5, like how are the survivors I get matched with so clueless. Nobody can power through a generator just because of 1 perk, it's infuriating.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Giving pip points in light bringer for your teammates doing gens / doing totems while you're being chased is super cool.

Pallet stun points for pipping seems a bit too extreme for me. Might make it a bit too easy to rank up with that.

Fixing animations so the weapon properly shows where the hitbox should be is nice and cool addition. Should make things feel less frustating.

A lot of other small changes that are very cool and welcome.

Now we just need some major Ghostface buffs so we don't have to wait for the year 4 anniversary for the "long awaited ghostface rework"

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
You absolutely shouldn't get points towards evader just for pallet stunning a killer. When I play killer I have zero pallet respect, if I play against a random Meghead who camps every pallet and makes the entire map a deadzone 2 minutes into the game should they really be rewarded with iridescent evader?

Ghostface is basically a Poundland Myers and his power is completely useless as it currently is, has super meme potential with the teabagging though.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
Ghostface is awful. He's the weakest killer they've ever released. All survivors have to do to counter him is spin their camera while performing an action and he can never stalk anyone.

It also doesn't help him that even hooked and downed survivors looking at him brings him out of stealth.

God forbid if the survivors have OoO, Spinechill, or Preminition.

Oct 27, 2017
Manchester, UK
Sad to hear ghostface plays like trash. </3 I thought it seemed pretty fun during the reveal livestream.
I'm absolutely going to buy him because I am trash and love the scream franchise though.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I'm getting so fucking sick and tired of all the fucking lobby dodging that happens on PS4. If matchmaking actually worked I wouldn't have a problem, but the fact that it takes FOREVER to find a match, only to get dodged right away is fucking annoying. It makes this game completely unplayable. And I'm a solo survivor too. FFS.

Edit... 6 consecutive lobby dodges in a row now. Sigh....

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Yup its the worst. As a killer I just play whoever shows up and change my loadout depending on how I see fit. Depending on items, they bringing. If I see 4 survivors with 4 toolboxes and they map offering farm, then I know it is going to be a fast match. But blood points are blood points. Then playing as survivor, once the killer makes the correct read on someone and downs them, that person disconnects.

Guess they figure why bother sticking around when the punishment for leaving is you get ranked lower which means you can then go vs. weaker players and stomp them and tea bag the exit gate and all that noise. They need to start deducting blood points and if you quit enough times in a short amount of time, blood point penalty of -30% per match for 3 matches.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
When people disconnect the moment they get downed at the beginning of the match I just go find the killer and let them kill me if 5 gens are still up, rank doesn't matter in this game whatsoever and 3 people 5 gens isn't worth playing out.

Red rank killer variety is so much fun, Spirits and instasaw Billys all the time and a survivor DC every other game. At least Nurse is difficult on console so those are extremely rare.

Pudie

The Fallen
Aug 19, 2018
If I'm down to 1 or 2 survivors after quick DC's I usually just let them farm gens and points. I'll stand in pallets so they can stun me, show them Hex's, etc. It's actually pretty fun once they realize I'm helping.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I mean yeah when I'm playing killer and someone DC's I'll play a lot nicer but when I'm playing survivor I don't want to farm, I'd rather just die and let them farm with the other 2 people when someone DC's and then spend 10 minutes waiting in queue for another game.

Deleted member 13550

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got disconnected during my first game as killer. Im sure the survivors think i ragequit :/

Edit: Sweet, killed all 4! One quit but still, felt pretty good!

Last edited:

Deleted member 13550

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Felt bad for one survivor, grabbed out of lockers two times during a match lol. That person didnt have the best luck hiding.

were you tunnelling?
I wouldnt say so. I was always trying to get everyone hurt and roam around to kick gens. I know how much getting camped and focussed sucks, so im trying to avoid it.

Isnt tunneling just straight up a dumb tactic anyway? The other players can just fix the gens while you chase one person..

Deleted member 5549

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Felt bad for one survivor, grabbed out of lockers two times during a match lol. That person didnt have the best luck hiding.

I wouldnt say so. I was always trying to get everyone hurt and roam around to kick gens. I know how much getting camped and focussed sucks, so im trying to avoid it.

Isnt tunneling just straight up a dumb tactic anyway? The other players can just fix the gens while you chase one person..
I can sorta understand the killer if the survivor looped and teabagged them to death, but recently we're 10 minutes in, still at 5 gens with everyone suffering from hex ruin blindness, so why so desperate?

Deleted member 13550

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can sorta understand the killer if the survivor looped and teabagged them to death, but recently we're 10 minutes in, still at 5 gens with everyone suffering from hex ruin blindness, so why so desperate?
Sorry mate, i dont think i know what hex ruin blindness is haha.
To try and answer your question tho, its all about winning. You can see this in so many games. No matter how "toxic" the gameplan, some will use it because the only thing that matters to them is winning.

Deleted member 5549

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry mate, i dont think i know what hex ruin blindness is haha.
To try and answer your question tho, its all about winning. You can see this in so many games. No matter how "toxic" the gameplan, some will use it because the only thing that matters to them is winning.
hex ruin blindness is when there's hex ruin and nobody can find it. once I've been going through the map three times (grim pantry I believe was the map) and no luck. 2 already died and I was about to get hooked for the second time, that's when the last one finally popped that fucking totem, lol!

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
I played killer for the first time in a while a week or two ago and I got a disconnect too when I hooked someone rather early in the game.

I mean, at least wait until you get downed a 3rd time.

Deleted member 13550

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First survivor match since reinstalling and already getting frustrated again. I did almost 4 gens on my own, like fuck what were the other people doing..?

The killer face camped too. Lame.

Oct 27, 2017
Manchester, UK
First survivor match since reinstalling and already getting frustrated again. I did almost 4 gens on my own, like fuck what were the other people doing..?
I feel like at lower tier people will all go for the same thing (like having multiple people sneaking around a hooked survivor rather than having one unhook whilst the rest focus on gens.)
Dwight's teachable perk Bond (which lets you see auras of other survivors) is in the shrine this week so I really recommend it for most builds. Particularly if you're a solo player.

Deleted member 13550

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Back to killer for now :/
I feel like at lower tier people will all go for the same thing (like having multiple people sneaking around a hooked survivor rather than having one unhook whilst the rest focus on gens.)
Dwight's teachable perk Bond (which lets you see auras of other survivors) is in the shrine this week so I really recommend it for most builds. Particularly if you're a solo player.
Sorry for the stupid question, but how do you get the currency used in the shrine?

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Note to survivors: If you're going to teabag me when I play killer don't be fucking terrible at surviving longer than 10 seconds, especially against someone who plays a lower tier killer like Wraith. I mean if you're using current state Mettle of Man and still dying instantly to a Wraith you shouldn't be teabagging because you're shit, simple as.

I don't even get triggered by teabagging, it's just someone pushing a button but at least be somewhat good at the game.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I'm pretty sure if they are tea bagging at pallets and stuff, its to make sure you chase them and leave their friends alone. When my friend has an escape as survivor daily, I run interference by tea bagging at pallets, just to get them to tunnel me.

Is it toxic? yes, but sadly it's the best way to get someone to give full attention. Now, if you tea bag at an exit gate, then you are a scum bag. At the exit, already won, why add insult to injury. Thank god for end game collapse

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Sorry but if a killer tunnels me all game, even going as far as completely ignoring people that bodyblock them and I still escape you bet I'm bagging them at the gate because they deserve it.

Nearly everyone that bags at pallets does so to BM the killer, like I said though it doesn't even bother me, just have the skill to actually back it up and don't die instantly. I know there are killers out there who will literally facecamp people if they get bagged, they must be so fragile to go as far as that just because someone pushed a button.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Some people seem way too good for rank 17-20 lol. Also having all perk slots at rank 20, how?

They are either people who haven't played for quite some time and had their account go down to that rank due to the monthly rank reset or people on a smurf account. They should climb back to where they belong eventually.

CosmicElement

Oct 27, 2017
hex ruin blindness is when there's hex ruin and nobody can find it. once I've been going through the map three times (grim pantry I believe was the map) and no luck. 2 already died and I was about to get hooked for the second time, that's when the last one finally popped that fucking totem, lol!
Hex ruin blindness is a confusing and weird term especially when there's actually Hex: The Third Seal that imparts the blindness status effect lol

They are either people who haven't played for quite some time and had their account go down to that rank due to the monthly rank reset or people on a smurf account. They should climb back to where they belong eventually.
I believe Rank 15 is the furthest you can reset no matter how high/low ranked you were.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I believe Rank 15 is the furthest you can reset no matter how high/low ranked you were.

You can drop below 15 on rank reset day, the 13th of every month.

Played a bit of killer today, all games nice and relaxing, even got nice messages from some survivors. Switch to survivor and I'm fucking tilted instantly. Running towards a gate injured and knowing I won't make it, 2 healthy survivors there that make zero attempt to bodyblock for me and I die, like how are these people even red rank. 2nd game instasaw ebony mori Billy, so fun /s

Edit: 3rd game, Dying light instasaw Billy(because every Billy on console is instasaw) that found me instantly and basically camped me, yay. Survivor is so fucking frustrating.

Last edited: