• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CosmicElement

Oct 27, 2017
If you're the 2nd last survivor and you DC, the hatch spawns and opens immediately vs. slowly dying on the hook and waiting for the few seconds for the hatch to open for the sole survivor. YMMV.

cyldman

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I see thanks.
Also what is up with the time queues? Granted I never played killer too much but back then I used to play with trapper and the queues were fast.
Now its like 5-10min on "searching for match" until it gets me in a lobby.

CosmicElement

Oct 27, 2017
I see thanks.
Also what is up with the time queues? Granted I never played killer too much but back then I used to play with trapper and the queues were fast.
Now its like 5-10min on "searching for match" until it gets me in a lobby.
That's typical for DbD nowadays unfortunately. The game is much less active at night too. And if you're red rank.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
From Reddit:

65kal43qtso31.jpg

This is genius, specially the second perk.

cyldman

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I still find the queues a bit off for killer.
I mean it's not like the game is dead or anything there alot of players online in steam stats...

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
15-20 rank , yeah i am noob .x D

No big deal. I'm currently only rank 16, i was rank 1 less than a year ago. Big enough break that my rank degraded down to where i'm at.

Keep playing, find a groove with mind games and fucking with survivors and you'll rank up quick enough. Equal balance between both survivor and killer is the best way to get better at the game. Perspective from what the other side sees and is gonna do is a big part on playing well.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Had this play last night. Getting back into the groove of it and getting plays off finally.

My mic didn't record so you can hear my boys talking to me lmao.

May 22, 2018
Is the endgame timer glitching for anyone else? A couple of times it either didn't run down at all or did so very slowly. It just cost me a game.

CosmicElement

Oct 27, 2017
This is ridiculous. A double BP event but I can't even play with a 4 SWF because half the games my SWF gets broken up so we have to back out and rejoin another match. Fucking dumb.

A BP event and the game doesn't work half the time. I'm on PS4 and I wonder how the Switch version is faring. BHVR should extend the blood hunt because 3 days is ridiculously quick and the matchmaking is broken.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I really don't understand the problem with SWF, why do they allow everyone to remain in the group if they break up the group anyway? You would think they would test these type of things before they release it.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Killers still going straight to their Ruin totem off spawn in 2019. Maybe if they stopped it wouldn't get cleansed super fast because they give the location away.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Looking for a very quick opinion.

I bought Friday 13th on the Switch and had a blast with the game.

Thinking Of also buying DbD but I'm afraid the gameplay is too similar to one another and I get a burnout.

Am I safe? Are the two different enough that I don't get tired of them?

Also, anyone knows if the online community on the Switch is large enough? Doesn't take more than 2m to find a game in Friday 13th, so I guess I'm also safe with DnD in this regard?

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Can we just delete Spirit please, there is nothing fun about facing this thing whatsoever and no, standing still isn't a 'mindgame'

May 22, 2018
Looking for a very quick opinion.

I bought Friday 13th on the Switch and had a blast with the game.

Thinking Of also buying DbD but I'm afraid the gameplay is too similar to one another and I get a burnout.

Am I safe? Are the two different enough that I don't get tired of them?

Also, anyone knows if the online community on the Switch is large enough? Doesn't take more than 2m to find a game in Friday 13th, so I guess I'm also safe with DnD in this regard?
In my opinion you would be safe buying DbD as they have different gameplay loops. Friday the 13th is like a sandbox while DbD is more straight forward and streamlined. This is a poor comparison (its the best I got), but I view Friday like Battlefield and DbD like COD. They're both military FPS yet play quite a bit differently.

As someone who preferred Friday when they both released, I'm definitely able to say DbD is the superior product, and you really should pick it up. It makes up for it's simplistic nature with a constant stream of content/patches and creativity needed for mind-gaming other players.

May 22, 2018
Is anyone able to play on PS4? I've been trying for the last hour and it never puts me in a match.

EDIT: Figures. Right as I post that I finally get in.

EDIT 2: Nevermind. Lobby crashed. Still in matchmaking hell.

Last edited:

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
In my opinion you would be safe buying DbD as they have different gameplay loops. Friday the 13th is like a sandbox while DbD is more straight forward and streamlined. This is a poor comparison (its the best I got), but I view Friday like Battlefield and DbD like COD. They're both military FPS yet play quite a bit differently.

As someone who preferred Friday when they both released, I'm definitely able to say DbD is the superior product, and you really should pick it up. It makes up for it's simplistic nature with a constant stream of content/patches and creativity needed for mind-gaming other players.

Took the bait, bought it! Still haven't tried, but you got me curious :)

thanks for the tip!

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
Just got this on Switch and enjoyed my first match as a Survivor well enough. However, I have been trying to get into a match as the killer for the better part of an hour and it keeps searching for a match.

Is it always like this?

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Until they do something to improve the bloodpoint economy further as survivor killer queue times will suffer during double bloodpoint events. Killers can play bad and still get more bloodpoints a game, have a perk for boosting bloodpoint gain that isn't completely worthless outside of doing that and is easier to get the maximum 4 stacks as well.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Just got this on Switch and enjoyed my first match as a Survivor well enough. However, I have been trying to get into a match as the killer for the better part of an hour and it keeps searching for a match.

Is it always like this?
It's like this during double bloodpoints events. It's the same on PS4.

Still going through the tutorials, but can you explain why this happens?

I'm guessing double points only for survivors?

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Killers gain more bloodpoints than survivors. So whenever there's a double BP event, guess which side is better to gain a lot of BP? Killer. So everyone plays killer because survivors don't gain enough.
You need 4x the amount of people playing survivor vs killer for fast lobbies, if everybody switches to killer to get extra points then there's not enough survivors to get a queue goin.

Ok, gotcha!

Can matches start with less than 4 survivors?