• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I was so excited for the patch. They are moving to a newer engine version. The PC PTB looked better than the live version and it most likely contain more optimization on the engine level on console

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
I was so excited for the patch. They are moving to a newer engine version. The PC PTB looked better than the live version and it most likely contain more optimization on the engine level on console
What looked better? I can't seem to get anyone to give deets.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Usually the DBD engine upgrades include lighting, better CPU performance and hair rendering changes.

They usually fuck 1 or 2 things up and it gets fixed in a hotfix, but they're usually pretty nice.

They do massively fuck up the audio pipeline whenever they update though.

From my experience playing the current PTB I had

1. Gens completely silent through any walls (even next to an open door)
2. Killer terror radius never disappearing
3. Poor survivor tracking (i think somethings wrong with the way they handle how far audio travels in 3D space considering the issue with gens being silent even at 99%)

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
Any suggestions on which killer I should level next? Have the hag to 40. I play on the Switch so I don't have Leatherface.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Spirit has great perks. Rancor allows you to possibly get a free mori, spirit fury will help you in chases because it'll break the pallet automatically if it's dropped on you after you break 2, and haunted grounds will expose the survivors for a whole minute giving you an opportunity to apply pressure if they destoy the totem.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
So its more likely a week away. sigh. Better late than broken tho but im sure it will be buggy as hell despite the delay

Pudie

The Fallen
Aug 19, 2018
A bit of a bummer, but I'd rather wait than have a broken Archive. I don't think they need to, but hopefully they do something to make up for it. Longer Bloodhunt or whatever.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Played for the first time in a bit, facecamped by a Plague first match and teammates just crouched around doing jack shit. Playing basement Bubba now, fuck everyones fun.

Grayson

Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Face camping is the only thing in the game that will earn you an automatic disconnect.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
When I decided to spend a night playing Basement Bubba I found out how effective camping actually is against people, no game ended up less than a 3K, I never depipped despite the one emblem losing value for camping and the amount of DC's was unreal. Yeah, it's unfun but no survivors play optimally against campers, probably because sitting on generators is boring as well.

Grayson

Banned
Aug 21, 2019
From the latest Samination.
I nearly spit out my beer!

a87y6hD.png

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I think my top 3 fun killers is....Freddy, Ghostface, Plague.

Freddy being my main killer, just fun, I like fake pallets more then slow down, but I find both are pretty good.
Ghost is just fun to walk around without a terror radius and sneaking up, I hardly ever use his stalk because I find it just slows(the killer) the game down to much when the game is about speed and the survivors are not going to slow down gens and at lower ranks they are just always paying attn. So I avoid it and bam surprise hit.
Plague I like breaking them and then hitting them. Making instaheals useless, and that makes me smile.

Pudie

The Fallen
Aug 19, 2018
Top 3 for me are Ghostface, Myers, and Pig. I really like sneaking up on people and thinking I actually scared them. Even after the nerf I still find the Pig mechanic a fun one.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
So uhm... patch most likely wont come out until next week because there are still no news about them being in certification etc. That is a 2 week delay, minimum :(

OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Is it live then? Can anyone post the Rift Pass stuff? Won't be at my PS4 till late tomorrow.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Played 1 round on autoheaven. GFX is indeed better on console. The ground looks tessellaited now and the lighting definitely looks better. Also the game felt locked 60 on the pro during that match and i played againts clown

Grayson

Banned
Aug 21, 2019
PS4 Pro. Ground, fog and fire is definitely improved.

probably an impossible ask but I'd love for Digital Foundry to take a new look. Dark1x?

Last edited:

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
nvm my fps comment. The fps in the lobby is like 15. This game will never be optimized on console properly.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just had a person use a styptic on me........whilst I was on the floor slugged. That 8 second endurance was sure handy.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Now experiencing some infinite loading screens after games, having to close application and restart it. End game results screen is also really laggy for me.

Grayson

Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Weird. Pro performance has been shockingly good for me on this new engine. I hope they get it sorted overall.

Grayson

Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Your fps is good in the lobby? Mine is like 15. Not even kidding. Ingame fps is kinda the same as prepatch. There are still maps where the fps drops, other maps runs just fine
Ahhh you've killed us all! Yeah now my lobby is accursed too.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
So now that they have gutted every ultra rare survivor add on when are Moris going to get reworked? Ebonys are more broken than anything in the game and getting tunnelled off hook for a free mori is so much fun /s

Grayson

Banned
Aug 21, 2019
So now that they have gutted every ultra rare survivor add on when are Moris going to get reworked? Ebonys are more broken than anything in the game and getting tunnelled off hook for a free mori is so much fun /s
I'm glad I just play and have fun. I can't imagine playing a game that makes me crazy. 😫

Grayson

Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Heya Gero does to seem to be loading into game noticably faster to you?