• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Gane definitely looks better on ps4, don't have a pro but still looks good and only slow down I could see was when the game was showing me the offerings. Other then that, pretty good.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Yeah, they did improve the graphics a bit on PS4. I definitely notice them.

The developers said that if you were playing like the previous week you'd be rewarded with progress on the right. Logged in and it said I was tier 9 already lol

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Have the devs ever talked about the possibility of cross-play? EU ps4 player trying to get back into the game here and it's unfortunately not that uncommon to have extremely long matchmaking times if it even works at all, especially as killer.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
After having my PS+ subs expiring this month, I decided to give it a chance and play the game on PC. While my notebook barely manages to run the game as well as the PS4, I'm having fun starting from scratch and with a new friend.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
After having my PS+ subs expiring this month, I decided to give it a chance and play the game on PC. While my notebook barely manages to run the game as well as the PS4, I'm having fun starting from scratch and with a new friend.
zcFZ0Lm.gif

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Confused a bit. Finished the Survivor track on the current Tome. Collected the Epilogue and seemingly nothing happened.
Also do we need to do all the Survivor AND Killer challenges to get the Level 1 completion reward of the charm and 10 rift tokens?
EDIT: now that I look on characters they DO have the charm even though it looks locked in the actual Tome. Weird.

i don't really play Killer much but I've been using the double bloodpoints to level up Ghostface.

Last edited:

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I've completed the first tome and all the survivor challenges. Now it's time to work on killer! I'm tier 17 on the rift. Not a bad start if I do say so myself!

Shadowcatz

You don't need to complete both killer and survivor to get the level 1 tome rewards. If you just want to do survivor challenges you can finish it that way. Even after it's completed, you can go back and try to finish the remaining challenges.

Grayson

Banned
Aug 21, 2019
I've completed the first tome and all the survivor challenges. Now it's time to work on killer! I'm tier 17 on the rift. Not a bad start if I do say so myself!

Shadowcatz

You don't need to complete both killer and survivor to get the level 1 tome rewards. If you just want to do survivor challenges you can finish it that way. Even after it's completed, you can go back and try to finish the remaining challenges.
Cheers for the reply.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Game is dead on PS4 and I think XB1 as well, wanted to try and finish off the archives objectives but oh well.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Game is dead on PS4 and I think XB1 as well, wanted to try and finish off the archives objectives but oh well.
Yeah it sucks, thankfully it sounds like they're working on cross-play though! https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/100036/news-introducing-the-windows-store
Q: Will crossplay be extended to the console versions of the game in the future?
A: We would like to offer the same treatment for all platforms. We do not have an ETA at this time, but we will keep you posted as new information becomes available.

CosmicElement

Oct 27, 2017
Crossplay needs to happen. PS4 player population is.. ehh on most days and dead at night. Putting XB and PC [and Switch??] players in the mix would help.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
EU PS4 player here, Currently I'm waiting 10+ minutes for lobbies, only for the lobbies to have 200+ ping(which is basically unplayable) US based killers half the time which I dodge.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I don't even think it's a region thing, I'm pretty sure Rewrite is a west coast USA player and it takes them forever to find games too.

Late edit: Killer games take forever for me too now as well.

Last edited:

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
See I'm not even in red ranks yet(rank 5-6 survivor, 9 killer right now) because I haven't played all that much recently and it still takes me ages to get a game. Usually I wouldn't have to wait long for killer games but that takes forever too. Generally it does take longer to find killer games during double bloodpoints but when that happens survivor queues in the past for me became faster but currently that isn't the case.

Grayson

Banned
Aug 21, 2019
So just learning killer and my first lobby tonight had 2 survivors pop in with full bloodied clothes. '
matchmaking?

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Devs need to start looking at keys and making them 1 per person. Why do I get punished for them 3 genning themselves and they find a key and 3 escape. Really hurts the moral when you play great and they use a get out of jail free card and they get rewarded for it, while I don't.

Yet if I use a mori, the game acts like I let all 4 escape and gave them cash.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny how it's easier to find a match as killer on console, but it's far easier to find a match as survivor on PC.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
The worst experience would be a full group SWF, 2 med kits, 2 tool boxes and a map offering of strode block or farm map. I got rocked hardcore going vs that on a farm map, I think they spawned on ruin and took it down in 15 seconds and then just coordinated hard and stayed hidden very well. I ended up getting one, but I'm pretty sure that match was a total of 8 minutes long.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
game running like dogshit on the pro in the menus and lobby. Low fps, stuttering menus. This game will never be fixed on console. I bet it will suck even on PS5

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Yesterday is when I really noticed in the lobby how bad it runs. I was...so this is what they mean when they say slowdown and low fps in lobby. It was ooofff very bad. Usually for me it is fine, but last night it felt really bad and noticeable.

CosmicElement

Oct 27, 2017
When I was in a 3-4 person SWF the game lobby was pretty framey probably like 20 fps. When I was solo just now (Survivor and Killer) it seemed better.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Played the game for the first time on PC today and the difference is ridiculous, I'm hitting great skill checks like 95% of the time. Had to use a pad though, I'm not going to play like a bot learning m&kb when I need to farm bloodpoints and it's not like using a controller really makes survivor more difficult anyways.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I miss playing the game on my base PS4. My notebook runs the game even worse, makes the PS4 look like a high-end machine.

Grayson

Banned
Aug 21, 2019
I know everyone has their pet peeve killer but for me Doctor is the only killer that makes the game not fun to play.
Its pretty much an instant DC from me as soon as I see him.

Last edited:

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I had 1 final archives challenge of kill all 4 survivors in a match.....I was dreading it and didn't bother to do it just activated it and I started a match, a person disconnected and it gave me the challenge completed lol tier 1 complete.

Couple more vials and ill have 30 for the clown skin. Because damn it looks the best, even though the spirit is the better killer.

Grayson

Banned
Aug 21, 2019
I had 1 final archives challenge of kill all 4 survivors in a match.....I was dreading it and didn't bother to do it just activated it and I started a match, a person disconnected and it gave me the challenge completed lol tier 1 complete.

Couple more vials and ill have 30 for the clown skin. Because damn it looks the best, even though the spirit is the better killer.
Nice!

Grayson

Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Idiot killers. If you tunnel us we will DC.
Thanks.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Is it just me or is the queue time for killers really bad lately?

Just realized that people above were talking about queue times.

Grayson

Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Had some great cooperative survivor games that reminded me how this should be played.
It was...nice.