• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Are there any other secret Killer offerings besides moris?

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Is there somewhere to learn the game better? The game has so many different mechanics.

I usually do pretty well, but I just don't understand how certain things work and the game doesn't really explain what happened if you make a mistake. For example, sometimes I'll be hiding and the killer comes directly to where I am. I'm sure they had some aura reading perk, but I don't know what to look out for or how to avoid that. Maybe it's something you just have to pick up over time while playing both sides.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
You'll learn that over time, when a killer knocks someone down and they pick them up, you can hide behind a generator or locker for the hook. I always assume the killer is running two perks, bbq and no one escapes death. Over time of playing and learning and also playing killer you'll just develop a sense of what they might run, what you run as a base.

Usually a killer will run 2 slow down perks and two aura perks. I think the only way to know for sure what perks a killer is running aura wise is to use Jeff's perk distortion. If the killer hooks someone far from you and it goes off, bbq, if a gen pops and it goes off rancor or bitter murmur, if you are healing and it goes off nurses calling. His perk is a great learning tool and it is also a good one, a lot of rank 1 streamers say its worthless, but it gives you instant information and information wins games.

Grayson

Banned
Aug 21, 2019
You'll learn that over time, when a killer knocks someone down and they pick them up, you can hide behind a generator or locker for the hook. I always assume the killer is running two perks, bbq and no one escapes death. Over time of playing and learning and also playing killer you'll just develop a sense of what they might run, what you run as a base.

Usually a killer will run 2 slow down perks and two aura perks. I think the only way to know for sure what perks a killer is running aura wise is to use Jeff's perk distortion. If the killer hooks someone far from you and it goes off, bbq, if a gen pops and it goes off rancor or bitter murmur, if you are healing and it goes off nurses calling. His perk is a great learning tool and it is also a good one, a lot of rank 1 streamers say its worthless, but it gives you instant information and information wins games.
This is excellent advice.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
So I bought the Halloween pack a while ago, but never learned to play Meyers. I'm watching some videos to get an idea, but he seems kind of complicated. I don't understand the point of Evil Within 1. 2 seems like it's just basically a standard killer mode and 3 is kind of turbo killer mode. Is EW1 just kind of for lore purposes, since in the movies he stays away and stalks his victims before chasing later? It just seems unnecessary for gameplay.

OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
So I bought the Halloween pack a while ago, but never learned to play Meyers. I'm watching some videos to get an idea, but he seems kind of complicated. I don't understand the point of Evil Within 1. 2 seems like it's just basically a standard killer mode and 3 is kind of turbo killer mode. Is EW1 just kind of for lore purposes, since in the movies he stays away and stalks his victims before chasing later? It just seems unnecessary for gameplay.

EW1 is good for sneaking up on Survivors doing gens at the start of the game, if they're not being super aware with their camera they won't realise you're there until you grab them lol.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
BHVR put out a survey that floated the idea of cross platform between console and PC. As a console player that seems absolutely frightening.

So what's the most effective way to counter a little bitch who camps the hook? Flashlight I guess?
As a poster above said, just do gens.

You have no terror radius when you're in EW1, so you can sneak up on survivors. The trick with Myers is knowing when to pop that EW3. I haven't played a lot of him, so I'm still figuring it out as well.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
How are matchmaking times for Survive With Friends on PS4 nowadays ?

I quit the game in the summer of last year because they were unbearable ,5-10 minutes to find a game, or even more. Been thinking about playing again for a while but not if it's unchanged.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Is there anywhere to practice the game without joining an actual game? I want to practice The Nurse, but if I create a custom game, it won't start.. probably because you need to fill it out. Is there a way to make a custom game by myself to just practice blinking? I don't want to embarrass myself in a real game.. lol

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Is there anywhere to practice the game without joining an actual game? I want to practice The Nurse, but if I create a custom game, it won't start.. probably because you need to fill it out. Is there a way to make a custom game by myself to just practice blinking? I don't want to embarrass myself in a real game.. lol
Unfortunate no. Not that I'm aware of anyway.

Tome 2 challenges are out!

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles

If you have 1 friend then a private match will work.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
The tome 2 challenges are definitely going to take longer to complete. It's doable, but you are definitely going to need to invest a lot of time to clear them unlike with tome 1.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Man I love thus game but I've met so many salty survivors it's like they think the killer only exists to chase them and let em win and when you do win they cry and call you slurs.

yup, that's the life of a killer. That's why I stopped being nice and giving mercy. You unhook in front of my face, that's a hit in the unhook, go mend with your l borrowed time. Unless I'm ghost face, then I activate my power before the hook and bam no borrowed and instant down again. No mercy!

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
yup, that's the life of a killer. That's why I stopped being nice and giving mercy. You unhook in front of my face, that's a hit in the unhook, go mend with your l borrowed time. Unless I'm ghost face, then I activate my power before the hook and bam no borrowed and instant down again. No mercy!

How do you like Ghostface? I'm thinking about getting another DLC when everything is on sale on Steam next month and I was leaning towards Ghostface. I like Doctor and Legion, but I could use a new killer that I have fun with that is different.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Ghostface is great, his stalking is hit and miss. If you are far away and see someone, then I stalk. But usually I don't stalk and just go for hits, and then sneak around the map with his power and pop up and smack em again. The problem I had was that I played ghost like Michael and that is def not the way to play him. I think he is a true stealth killer because he can crouch down and lean, and you are pretty hidden overall just his stalk is kinda ehhh for the most part, for me at least and my play style. I say he is worth it because on the fun scale for me I put him at number 2 because crouching around and sneaking up to a survivor and having them slightly think you are survivor slow walking is really funny.

Grayson

Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Ghostface is great, his stalking is hit and miss. If you are far away and see someone, then I stalk. But usually I don't stalk and just go for hits, and then sneak around the map with his power and pop up and smack em again. The problem I had was that I played ghost like Michael and that is def not the way to play him. I think he is a true stealth killer because he can crouch down and lean, and you are pretty hidden overall just his stalk is kinda ehhh for the most part, for me at least and my play style. I say he is worth it because on the fun scale for me I put him at number 2 because crouching around and sneaking up to a survivor and having them slightly think you are survivor slow walking is really funny.
I use stalk to find them hiding. Not really to put them in exposed.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Yeah this is the easiest battlepass. I keep seeing people call it a grind and I'm well past halfway long before the halfway point in time.
I understand the concerns of people who may play this game casually not standing a chance in completing it, but even then, I don't think the grind is too bad IMO. Level 2 challenges required more grind, but I kinda liked it because it's stuff I do in the game anyway. In addition, I didn't complete it in a single day like the first level lol.

Last edited:

Clessidor

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah this is the easiest battlepass. I keep seeing people call it a grind and I'm well past halfway long before the halfway point in time.
It's a little bit jumping around the point that Behaviour claimed that playing one hour a day is enough to complete it. But that's impossible. Even when you complete all four Level's challenges and take the first survivor/killer match bonus xp, you would have to play roughly 8 games a day to finish it. With Lobby waiting and playtimes should take something between 2 - 3 hours. So even regular players with not much time during the working week will most likely not be able to complete them.
And let's not forget about the leaked Level 4 challenges, which will be the hardest to complete, based on what we saw.

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Don't mind the gradual accumulation of playing to unlock the nodes, but I can already see those "complete in 1 trial" tasks starting to sneak in being an RNG misery for people who aren't going to be playing a lot, or in organised SWF teams.

Pudie

The Fallen
Aug 19, 2018
Yea I always play solo, but for some of them I have to kind of insinuate what I want and hope they get what I'm saying. If they do then I'll just let them run off after as a thanks.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
Got fed up with the Switch version and lack of communication about it(I know the finally released the patch for it) so bought DBD for PC. Man does it play differently and feels so much better.

CosmicElement

Oct 27, 2017
Guess what. I blinded a Killer to drop a Survivor twice in a game the other day and I didn't even have the challenge yet FML I'm never going to be able to do that again...

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Do you need them to drop someone? I sure you can blind a killer pretty easy otherwise. Every pallet break or window vault forced animation and bam you'll get it.
I just did it and can confirm you DON'T need the killer to drop someone. I finished mine in a chase after dropping a couple pallets for the killer to kick. As long as you get the "Killer Blind" score event you'll be fine.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I just did it and can confirm you DON'T need the killer to drop someone. I finished mine in a chase after dropping a couple pallets for the killer to kick. As long as you get the "Killer Blind" score event you'll be fine.
For the current level? Correct. However, for level 3 or 4, there IS actually a challenge where you have to blind the killer carrying a survivor two times in the same trial.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Have they done a big matchmaking upgrade on PS4 or something recently? Used to be like 5-10 minutes before I could find a game but the last few days it'd only like a minute.

Pudie

The Fallen
Aug 19, 2018
New killer seems a bit OP. Wouldn't need surprised if the dash ending up getting collision.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
Played my first killer game since switching to the PC version from the Switch version. Got matched up against a rank 11 and rank 12 survivor and I got smoked lol.

What I find odd about the PC version is when I play survivor I hardly play against different killers. I was expecting people to play variety of killers.

*edit I do miss having a lot more of the characters open from the start like on the Switch version. Need to buy Hag asap for Ruin I learned that fast. PC players do gens fast unless I'm playing survivor lol

Last edited:

Grayson

Banned
Aug 21, 2019
New killer seems a bit OP. Wouldn't need surprised if the dash ending up getting collision.
Most streamers are calling him Weak Billy.

On another note, I rarely play killer. Why would I be matched up against a granted probably rank 20 blendette with full bloodied clothing? I haven't even played enough to prestige three times LOL.

Matchmaking needs that retooling badly.