• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SpartaNNNN

Nov 12, 2020
Via Source

TLDR
  1. Will be on Next-GEN, PC
  2. Cross Platform MP Game
  3. Competitive Game, Lots of Stats, Achievements, Online Profiles etc
  4. Microtransactions
  5. Player Progression, Game economy
  6. "best practices for games as a service,"
While the company did announce its upcoming post-apocalyptic first-person building-and-raiding game, Meet Your Maker, back in August, it seems like Behaviour Interactive may currently be working on another intriguing project, its "next" multi-platform competitive multiplayer franchise.

Earlier today, we came across a few job listings on the company's website for an unannounced project that Behaviour Interactive currently has under development. One of the job listings on the company's website is for the Console System Programmer position at its headquarters in Montréal, Québec, Canada, the description for which reads, "Behaviour is seeking programmers to port a PC game to new console platforms and support first party digital media entertainment service. The mandate is to build a version of the game that is ready for submission to the supported platform."

Behaviour Interactive

While the description for the job listing might suggest a pre-existing game being ported to some new console platforms, the title of the job listing states that it is likely an unannounced project. Furthermore, the requirements for the job listing give out a few more details as to what this unannounced project could be.

One of the requirements from the candidate is "strong experience with Xbox Series S/X & PlayStation 5 console development," which suggests that it will be a next-generation game. Additionally, another requirement mentions "experience with cross-platform multiplayer game development," which means that this unannounced project will have a cross-platform multiplayer feature that will enable players across different platforms, such as consoles and PC, to play with each other in online matchmaking.

Behaviour Interactive

However, this isn't all, as another job listing for the Online System Programmer for the company's headquarters in Montréal, Québec, Canada, possibly details some more features about this unannounced project from Behaviour Interactive, the description for which reads, "Behaviour is looking for an Online System Programmer, who will bring their expertise and rigor to our team, in order to develop our next IP !" From this, it's clear that this unannounced project is, in fact, a new franchise.

Behaviour Interactive

Furthermore, the responsibilities that the candidate will have mention "a complete solution to interface between the game and the backend such as Inventory, achievements, and scoreboards," and "connectivity with many backend services (authentication, profile, transactions, etc.)," which imply that the unannounced game will have an inventory and achievement system, and, possibly, microtransactions, which is rather common for online multiplayer games now.

Online-System-Programmer-Responsibilities-Behaviour-Interactive.png

Lastly, another job listing on the company's website is for the System Designer position at the company's headquarters in Montréal, Québec, Canada, one of the responsibilities for which mentions that the candidate will "tie into the game's economy, plan player progressions, and ensure data consistency of individual progressions through live updates." This further clarifies that the unannounced game may feature microtransactions, as well as supposedly consistent content updates.

System-Designer-Details-Behaviour-Interactive.png

Additionally, one of the requirements mentions that the candidate must "keep abreast of current trends in gameplay and game systems with a strong interest in competitive team games and best practices for games as a service," which means that the unannounced game will be a competitive one, similar to Dead by Deadlight, and will follow the Games-as-a-Service (GaaS) business model, once again corroborating that there may be microtransactions involved.

Unfortunately, these are all the details we have on this unannounced project from Behaviour Interactive at the moment, as it seems to be a recent one. So far, no announcements from the company have been made regarding what it could currently be working on either, so any further particulars are yet to be unveiled.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
They recently did a showcase where they talked about a bunch of upcoming games Behavior are working on and none of them were interesting to me. I definitely think they struck gold with Dead By Daylight but for now I'm going to keep my expectations in check on anything else they're doing.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if it's supported as much and as thoroughly as DBD has been, with the experiences they've learned from making that game and supporting it long term, I'd say I'm tentatively interested, even if details are super vague at the moment

OP
OP
SpartaNNNN

SpartaNNNN

Nov 12, 2020
They recently did a showcase where they talked about a bunch of upcoming games Behavior are working on and none of them were interesting to me. I definitely think they struck gold with Dead By Daylight but for now I'm going to keep my expectations in check on anything else they're doing.
This one looks like their one time investment, where they plan on making something like Riot has done with Valorant, and squeezing money in the long-run. Cross-platform MP will be fun though, I just wish the gameplay is out of the box, and not what is released every year in hopes to make it a major live service game.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully better than their last new game that they shut down super quick. DbD is awesome though.

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Deathgarden doesn't offer much optimism. The longer it goes on the more and more DBD's success feels like a fluke.