• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome! That's a great get for Dead by Daylight.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Myers, Freddy, Ghostface, Jigsaw, Leatherface...

But a horror fighting game cant happen hmmm?

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Is this a game that will be delisted in the future due to licensing?

I'm starting to be weary of this. This is online only as well, right?

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
I rarely play Dead by Daylight and I've only bought Meyers before but I will buy Scream content always! Bring me Ghostface!

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I love Dead by Daylight and trust me, I love all their content that they make. However, I wish they would focus on fixing the game more so than DLC.

They're adding almost every killer from horror movies possible besides probably Jason (because of F13 the Game).

And I do hope they add Pennywise or Chucky somehow (which would be hysterical to see little Chucky running around lmao).

But there is a lot of things they need to fix for this game. Queue times are trash in Survive with Friends. There's also hitbox bugs where shit shouldn't even hit you. There's also audio issues where the music won't play till the killer is right behind you. There's issues with Billy's audio for his chainsaw. There's no reason that we should have to get out of match, back out, the lock SWF to then invite our friends back into a lobby to queue up.

I love the game but these things do need to get fixed lol. Legion is just getting fixed after months of them being OP, Freddy has been basically nerfed for so long that it's laughable and they're just getting to his rework now. A lot of things need to be fixed for this game but it's still enjoyable.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I love Dead by Daylight and trust me, I love all their content that they make. However, I wish they would focus on fixing the game more so than DLC.

They're adding almost every killer from horror movies possible besides probably Jason (because of F13 the Game).

And I do hope they add Pennywise or Chucky somehow (which would be hysterical to see little Chucky running around lmao).

But there is a lot of things they need to fix for this game. Queue times are trash in Survive with Friends. There's also hitbox bugs where shit shouldn't even hit you. There's also audio issues where the music won't play till the killer is right behind you. There's issues with Billy's audio for his chainsaw. There's no reason that we should have to get out of match, back out, the lock SWF to then invite our friends back into a lobby to queue up.

I love the game but these things do need to get fixed lol. Legion is just getting fixed after months of them being OP, Freddy has been basically nerfed for so long that it's laughable and they're just getting to his rework now. A lot of things need to be fixed for this game but it's still enjoyable.

I wish the same, they're definitely putting the cart before the horse but these big gets also bring more attention to the game which is more money for them as well. At least that's how I deal with it in my head. The game is pretty damn broken and frustrating in a lot of ways but it's also really fun.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I wish the same, they're definitely putting the cart before the horse but these big gets also bring more attention to the game which is more money for them as well. At least that's how I deal with it in my head. The game is pretty damn broken and frustrating in a lot of ways but it's also really fun.

I fully get them getting big license horror movie killers and how big it could get the game. I fully agree with that, hell, imagine if they somehow secured Jason with safety and no future copyright hell issues! That would be big news for the game and the license of Friday the 13th alone. And all the fans of Friday the 13th game could or would potentially migrate to this game to play DBD.

However, the game as fun as it is, it's also frustrating. I can't stand some of the issues like getting hit by a killer that didn't even connect to me on my screen. Mending needs to be faster (or a perk like Self Care should increase mending speed). The 3-man lobby issue is still a thing, too lol.

I just wish or hope they focus on a series of QOL changes after this next big chapter.

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
Never heard of this game, nice. Not a fan of Scream tho. Any idea if characters like Pumpkinhead could make it in?

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Never heard of this game, nice. Not a fan of Scream tho. Any idea if characters like Pumpkinhead could make it in?

I highly doubt it given that most licensed characters are instantly recognizable even for non-horror junkies but there are also a lot of characters that are inspired by other famous horror characters so they could potentially go that route.

Apparently one of the game's killers, The Hag, could have potentially taken inspiration from Pumpkinhead.

https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/The_Hag

Trivia:
  • The Hag is inspired by the Wendigo legend.
  • The Hag might also be inspired by Pumpkinhead and The Witch who brings him to life from the Pumpkinhead Series.

The_Hag_3.jpg

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
This just reminds me that I really need to get into Dead by Daylight.

You should! It's my most played game for 2018 and 2019 by a large margin. I'm about to hit 1k hours on Steam and still having a grand ol time. The killer variations, item builds, perks and RNG in map design makes it super replayable.

Anybody interested in playing hit us up in the community thread for any tips or tricks, or find some people to squad up with on survivor.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/dead-by-daylight-community-ot-get-outta-here-you-camper.2726/

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I love the idea of him being able to peek around corners.

It's already fucking terrifying in this game when you turn around and suddenly see Micheal Myers stalking you, imagine that but with Ghostface's mask appearing from around a corner.

I'm going to make so many Scary Movie references when this DLC releases

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I'm so happy that they have his original mask, so unbelievably happy, but, what the heck is he wearing? Where are his original clothes from the movies?

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm so happy that they have his original mask, so unbelievably happy, but, what the heck is he wearing? Where are his original clothes from the movies?
I'm assuming that this is the Ghostface from season 3 of the TV show.
Freddy Kreuger ended up not being the most iconic version but the reboot version, and the same might have happened for Ghostface.

The TV show had a different design for the killer for the first 2 seasons but the third season is apparently a reboot that brings back the iconic mask. It was already filmed but has not been released yet.

Apparently there is going to be some kind of Scream related announcement on the 28th which might be when this DLC drops which could give an air date for the new season or maybe even announce a new movie.

So the design seen here might actually be leaking both the DLC and a future version of Ghostface, potentially

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I'm assuming that this is the Ghostface from season 3 of the TV show.
Freddy Kreuger ended up not being the most iconic version but the reboot version, and the same might have happened for Ghostface.

The TV show had a different design for the killer for the first 2 seasons but the third season is apparently a reboot that brings back the iconic mask. It was already filmed but has not been released yet.

Apparently there is going to be some kind of Scream related announcement on the 28th which might be when this DLC drops which could give an air date for the new season or maybe even announce a new movie.

So the design seen here might actually be leaking both the DLC and a future version of Ghostface, potentially

At least they waited until they have the mask, that's the most important thing for me. But still, even without rights, they could have altered a plain black fabric thing to make it at least somewhat like the movie.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
At least they waited until they have the mask, that's the most important thing for me. But still, even without rights, they could have altered a plain black fabric thing to make it at least somewhat like the movie.

To be fair, these leaks are still incomplete. We could hopefully have some variations they haven't shown yet.

Fishsnot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
"Accidentally" leaked?
Ho-ho-ho
People still believe this kind of nonsense.

Anyway, love Dead by Daylight and will be getting this day 1.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I wish they'd add the Leprechaun and let Warwick Davis give him some great voice lines to taunt people with or when you do certain actions.