• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man
DOA6 is sure one ugly looking SOB.

What happen to the days when they produced AAA graphics? What a serious turndown.

I mean...it's gorgeous. But fighting games aren't AAA outside of three IPs now, and maybe the graphics reflect that for you.

This is, afterall, a series that will be happy to sell just 1 million copies with its latest entry.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Watching streams it's like 10 to 1 WiFi to LAN users out there, man. The beta was the same and I'm glad this game is transparent about it.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who's that blue haired girl that looks like Marie Rose? Is she another loli bait? I'm sure she has an endearing and nuanced personality just as Honoka does.

ldcommando

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can you play the offline portion of the beta right now on ps4? or do you have to wait until the beta begins tommorrow?

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017

Driver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Wow, demo impressions and general excitement - outside of the DOA6 discussion thread - seem to be pretty good. You'd think from following the discussion thread the game is shit. Happy to hear some excitement.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I mean...it's gorgeous. But fighting games aren't AAA outside of three IPs now, and maybe the graphics reflect that for you.

This is, afterall, a series that will be happy to sell just 1 million copies with its latest entry.

I hear you.
But the game just doesn't look pretty for me. It looks blurry and still looks from last generation.
I can literally see muddy floors, washed out backgrounds, AA problems, a lot around the characters screams Low Res.

Playing games like Injustice, and the upcoming MK, DOA6 feels like a budget title.

Gone are the days where Team Ninja was making the industry jealous with graphics.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hear you.
But the game just doesn't look pretty for me. It looks blurry and still looks from last generation.
I can literally see muddy floors, washed out backgrounds, AA problems, a lot around the characters screams Low Res.

Playing games like Injustice, and the upcoming MK, DOA6 feels like a budget title.

Gone are the days where Team Ninja was making the industry jealous with graphics.

Compared to Injustice and MK, DoA IS a budget title. lol.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I remember when games like Virtua Fighter were literally shaping graphics technology. No wonder FGs don't sell well, they stopped doing that.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
I hear you.

Cause it is. NRS are basically the only ones who do AAA IPs with fighting games except for like Smash.
Not sure what you were expecting DoA to look like in 2019.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
I hear you.

I was just about to come here to post as well. I have an Xbox One X and I dunno the game has this blurry/jaggy look to it. Granted I was playing in "action" mode but still, I feel like previous DOA games looked better at least for the time, DOA 4 still looks great to me this day. The gameplay and UI feels kind of dry too I dunno, just not feeling this one so far from what I've played.

sinny

Oct 28, 2017
I didnt know this demo had story missions to play 🤯

Edit: lol one mission

sinny

Oct 28, 2017
I was just about to come here to post as well. I have an Xbox One X and I dunno the game has this blurry/jaggy look to it. Granted I was playing in "action" mode but still, I feel like previous DOA games looked better at least for the time, DOA 4 still looks great to me this day. The gameplay and UI feels kind of dry too I dunno, just not feeling this one so far from what I've played.

Same here on xbox one. I played the previous beta on ps4pro and there is something off with the xbox version

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Precisely.
But as others pointed out for me.
It is a budget title. It is what it is. :-/

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Compared to Injustice and MK, DoA IS a budget title. lol.

You playing fighting games for mediocre movies? NRS has never made a game that looked or played better than a DOA. Like ever. You should know better too. It didn't take Team Ninja 20 games to figure out how to animate a punch.

You can watch MK of Injustices budget choices on a YouTube video.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
Precisely.
But as others pointed out for me.
It is a budget title. It is what it is. :-/

Right yeah it makes sense then I suppose. Just seems like Team Ninja has lost their way without Itagaki anymore. I'm glad for DOA fans who didn't think the series would live on for a while but I dunno I'm trying to like this game more than I am.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Right yeah it makes sense then I suppose. Just seems like Team Ninja has lost their way without Itagaki anymore. I'm glad for DOA fans who didn't think the series would live on for a while but I dunno I'm trying to like this game more than I am.
There was a huge graphic downgrade when DOA 5 and NG3 came out.
Since then, all games have that low budget look. :-/

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Any impressions on netcode? Last demo was a little meh. Still on the fence if I want to pick this up.

Edit: Oh, starts tomorrow. Nvm!

Last edited:

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
You playing fighting games for mediocre movies? NRS has never made a game that looked or played better than a DOA. Like ever. You should know better too. It didn't take Team Ninja 20 games to figure out how to animate a punch.

You can watch MK of Injustices budget choices on a YouTube video.
MKX, Injustice 2 and MK11 have a noticabely higher budget than any other fighting game except for Smash. The fact that they animate poorly doesn't change that.

They have good visuals on a technical level while having a complete story mode with cutscenes/voices and a good amount of gameplay content/modes.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
glad to see the series is evolving away from the creepy doll face characters of previous games.
are they though

ss-marie001.jpg

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So excited for this. DOA Quest stuff sounds really fun.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Fighting games are no longer the graphic showcases they were, as they are more niche than 3rd person shooters or whatever.
Let's not let this thread fall into the same conversation every Soulcalibur VI preview did.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I feel like people must be blind if they think this game looks bad. I turned on DOA 5 just the other day and the level of upgrade is pretty dang noticeable now that they arent' just porting up a PS3 game like last time.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I have a few questions. The full game has more than 24 characters right? Also, DoA5 has this weird combat system where you're supposed to launch your opponent once the combo count is red. This makes the opponent very susceptible to being launched and juggled. Is that still here?

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
I remember when games like Virtua Fighter were literally shaping graphics technology. No wonder FGs don't sell well, they stopped doing that.
I don't think that's accurate. MKX sold at least 5 million, and MK11 looks as good as your average AAA game, IMO. And Smash easily outsells every other fighting game, despite not being a graphical powerhouse.

OP
OP
Mesharey

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
So does the Xbox version of the demo have (Fake?) HDR on boad?
Seems like it.
I have a few questions. The full game has more than 24 characters right? Also, DoA5 has this weird combat system where you're supposed to launch your opponent once the combo count is red. This makes the opponent very susceptible to being launched and juggled. Is that still here?
The full game will have 26 characters, NyoTengu is a preorder character, Phase 4 is from the deluxe version, she'll be available later separately.
It's a lot easier to juggle now, there's 1 height (or 2?) And it was 3 in DoA5.
They removed critical bursts.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
MKX, Injustice 2 and MK11 have a noticabely higher budget than any other fighting game except for Smash. The fact that they animate poorly doesn't change that.

They have good visuals on a technical level while having a complete story mode with cutscenes/voices and a good amount of gameplay content/modes.

Yep. NRS games, Smash are on another world compared to everything else in terms of content and features out of the gate simply because of the amount of resources the devs have at their disposal. Nobody else really comes close to what they offer out of the gate these days.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
So the Xbox One X version has two graphics modes, prioritize action and prioritize graphics. Graphics mode looks real nice and sharp but it feels slow. Certainly nowhere near 60fps. I'm guessing that's your 4k mode. Prioritize action feels great. That's the one to go with.