• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
So the Xbox One X version has two graphics modes, prioritize action and prioritize graphics. Graphics mode looks real nice and sharp but it feels slow. Certainly nowhere near 60fps. I'm guessing that's your 4k mode. Prioritize action feels great. That's the one to go with.

I can't twll the difference in performance between either tbh. The graphics certainly I can

-2B-

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 23, 2018
Did they shut down the XB demo? Every time I load it up after downloading it just says it is unavailable at this time.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Can the demo still be play on playstation?
Starts tomorrow and runs until Monday on PS4.
This is just doll like rendered at a higher fidelity.
If someone doesn't like the fact that they're still pretty much anime-esque visually, then there's not much else to say (there's a clear difference and improvement over what they started with, but going for something truly realistic will never happen with this franchise).

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
It's nice that they included an optional 4k mode, maybe on the next Xbox it's going to run at 60 fps but on the X the performance just sucks.

The performance mode plays as it should but there's a lot of shimmering on edges...It looks soft and AA seems really bad.

OrochiJR

Oct 29, 2017
So is this already playable? I just get a "currently unavailable" message at the title screen. EU PS4 here btw.

Oct 25, 2017
The official date when the demo is supposed to be playable is 23rd ~ 24th Feb JP time. My guess is that someone flipped the switch a bit too early and hoped that nobody would notice.

BTW, 23rd Feb 00:00 JP time is slightly less than an hour away.

Oct 26, 2017
Tried out both graphics mode, so far not seeing a huge clarity difference but Jesus, the anti aliasing in the background isn't too hot here. I'm in the stage with the destroyed road and cars and the framerate is horrible with graphics mode. Prioritize action is the one I go for.

I'm in the training mode and I keep being interrupted that a new challenger has appeared. Can't this annoying shit be disabled? Can't find it.

Last edited:

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
Um....so what is the deal with the lobby matches. The deluxe demo description clearly states they will be in this demo but it's greyed out.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
After not paying much attention to this other than hearing the US wing pushing that this game was supposed to be more mature and less exploitative I totally lost it after seeing Hitomi's win pose.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I cannot take screenshots as the game doesn't allow captures but the game got some massive jaggies even on graphics mode.

4K res my ass.

EDIT: Story mode cannot take captures I think.

Last edited:

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As someone interested in DOA but with no interest in playing fighting games online, online only demo's suck and make me less excited about a game's release.

ike_

Oct 27, 2017
Ooh, good timing. I shelled out for a month of PS+ and it's about to run out.

Time to help Mila punch her problems away.

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Gonna go for another 15~ minutes until it's time for JoJo. I love playing as Tina again, but whoever put that Cowgirl Honoka in the game is wiiiiild.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Graphics mode:

43ec992c-ca6f-4ca8-b755-c50962b0a970.PNG

baf2d036-90fd-40de-8b0e-37fa491f493a.PNG

Action mode:

6dde8c0d-828e-4389-a50c-afd83cdc95b1.PNG

9b607a26-0ad7-4044-845c-d03d29829fa0.PNG

I don't think Main menu matters but hey why not.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao why would the rematch request be on a timer.

You have to mash through all that post match shit to even get to the option to rematch in time

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone please also check out what graphics mode improves on PS4 Pro? :) I can't access the demo without PS PLus, so I can't check it myself.

Wow, that looks so nice. I'm jealous. They already said there's no higher resolution on PS4 Pro.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I'm going to be out of town and stuff. Might be able to play Sunday tho

I enjoyed the last demo that was pretty fun

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There is actually, I was surprised when I saw it, someone said it's available in the base console too. Oo

I know that the option for performance or graphics mode is there also on PS4 Pro, but does it actually increase the resolution on Pro? A website that asked TN about it claimed a couple weeks ago it wouldn't. Could you take a closer look? :)

OP
OP
Mesharey

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
I know that the option for performance or graphics mode is there also on PS4 Pro, but does it actually increase the resolution on Pro? A website that asked TN about it claimed a couple weeks ago it wouldn't. Could you take a closer look? :)
Sure, just stopped playing Xbox version and will try PS4 version after a bit, my nephew wants to play Fortnite xD.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a website that I can upload to from PS4 without compression? I kinda can't save them to a flash memory and then upload them, I usually use Twitter but they're not good.

I unfortunately don't know of any... :/ I guess Twitter or Facebook, if you have any of those, would be fine too. If there is a resolution boost one would probably still notice even with some image compression.

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
After seeing the Tekken 7 Julia trailer and then the screens from this demo.. it blows my mind how this is being called "low budget" when Namco still can't get shoulders right.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After seeing the Tekken 7 Julia trailer and then the screens from this demo.. it blows my mind how this is being called "low budget" when Namco still can't get shoulders right.

I think DoA6 is the best looking 3D fighter out there. But, I mean:

http://kayane.fr/2019/01/16/interview-with-yohei-shimbori-producer-on-dead-or-alive-6/

"So to give an answer, the DOA 5 free-to-play version was successful, though to be honest, we know DOA doesn't sell as much physical copies as Tekken or Street Fighter. They may sell 3 or 4 million copies, but we're happy when we reach the one million mark."

Budgets dictate sales expectations.

Edit:

Does anybody know if the save from the demo will carry over to the full game?

Last edited: