• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty dumb changes to move displays.

No more arrows that show if a move is high/mid/low

They also removed the on screen display of moves/strings you can do after pressing a certain button like if you did P it would show all the strings that start with P

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I hope they have plans to bring back Tina's sling-bikini :)

giphy.gif

LITTY! Can't wait to check out her and Fang 💪🏾

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tina has got to be the only grappler in a fighting I have ever enjoyed playing. God she's so fun. Actually just kidding, the second is R. Mika.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, the closed beta pretty much sold me on this. Not sure if I'll even DL the demo. What I played was a lot of fun.

Did someone say that you can't choose an optimal connection search in PvP on Xbox? Like searching for opponents with 3 or 4+ bars only? Is that feature present in the PS4 demo? That was definitely a nice option in the closed beta.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
This game looks fucking weird

deadoralive6onlinebetzuk2y.png

Also, it feels like they made the character slimmer and they didn't even bother to fix both the animations and the outfits (look at her hands, and look at some outfits).

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Also, it feels like they made the character slimmer and they didn't even bother to fix both the animations and the outfits (look at her hands, and look at some outfits).

Kasumi's leather Ninja outfit is the worst offender. Her skinny arms look so weird in that ouftit.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Still no one with a PS4 Pro able to take a closer look at performance and graphics mode? Come on. :(

This game looks fucking weird

deadoralive6onlinebetzuk2y.png

Yeah, the lighting and how skin and clothing reacts to it is sometimes really weird. Also look at how deformed the arms are, as if they were twisted around several times. DOA5 didn't have that problem.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Is the HDR on the Xbox One X true HDR or some fake stuff like some games nowadays include?

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Is there no way to turn off clothing destruction? seriously, getting punched and having a shirt ripped doesnt make any sense!

Yeah, the lighting and how skin and clothing reacts to it is sometimes really weird. Also look at how deformed the arms are, as if they were twisted around several times. DOA5 didn't have that problem.

bodies are incredibly low poly and look weird , especially arms and neck looks hella weird in some poses. The sweat is also somehow worse than 5, making the whole face looks like goo.

Kasumi's leather Ninja outfit is the worst offender. Her skinny arms look so weird in that ouftit.

It's probably an issue with old outfits. I don't even know why they made the character slimmer, when the actual bodies look almost as low poly as 5.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Here
Makes no difference to AA or resolution and seems to be 1080p.

Just to make sure, are you sure that these are really from the two different modes and not by mistake from the same mode? Sometimes that happens to me when I am comparing screens. Because they look so identical. All other versions have a noticable boost from performance to graphics mode, even the base consoles. And they did claim that the PS4 Pro had a visual upgrade...

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Just to make sure, are you sure that these are really from the two different modes and not by mistake from the same mode? Sometimes that happens to me when I am comparing screens. Because they look so identical. All other versions have a noticable boost from performance to graphics mode, even the base consoles. And they did claim that the PS4 Pro had a visual upgrade...
I double checked, yeah. I was surprised too.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Base Xbox One version has the graphics modes too:
amarec20190222-162438.png

amarec20190222-162507.png

When it comes to how it looks on the X1, well, top is graphics and bottom is action:

amarec20190222-163130.png

amarec20190222-163323.png

In graphics mode it's cleaner but man does it not run well. Action runs pretty much at 60fps but looks blurrier in motion due to the lower resolution.

I got to try this on PS4 now.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I thought DOA did away with the skimpy outfit but I when I checked Christie's it's still the same.(locked but you can still preview the costume)

I'm like ok but weren't they marketing it to be more serious?

Team Ninja pls.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I thought DOA did away with the skimpy outfit but I when I checked Christie's it's still the same.(locked but you can still preview the costume)

I'm like ok but weren't they marketing it to be more serious?

Team Ninja pls.
I'm just gonna guess that you haven't followed this game for the past few months.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
So here is a direct overlay comparison from the Xbox One X version.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/130665
The graphics mode is a lot cleaner and with way more res.

But sadly, the graphics mode feels awful. I have no problem with 30fps, not even in a fighter, but somehow this doesn't feels and looks smooth at all. Was hoping for a butter smooth visual but it's really rough. Mehhh.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
DoA5 LR looks better to me for some reason. Idk if it's the lighting or the character models but something is off in this one. Using the Dynasty Warriors engine was a strange choice

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
And now for the PS4 version, top is action mode and bottom is graphics mode:

amarec20190222-170126.png

amarec20190222-170228.png

The lower image quality is back with action mode but obviously runs the best. Shockingly enough, the PS4 version on graphics mode actually runs pretty well, it's very playable even, much, much better framerate than the X1 version. Not as good as action though.

Last edited:

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah.

Somehow I expected this but I didn't think they would fold so quick. I thought they would at least sneak it in via dlc.

I think the main thing is giving a presentation that would work better for eSports and the character select and default costumes works well enough for that.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
So the graphics mode on X is pretty much 33-35 fps on the SP anyways. For MP matches the frame rate is 60 but with lots of drops, so 40-60 fps.

DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
Does anyone know what the costume patterns are that keep unlocking? I can't figure out where to view these, I know you can buy hair styles and glasses but no option for costume patterns.

Also is it possible to buy or unlock the last 3 costumes for characters?

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know what the costume patterns are that keep unlocking? I can't figure out where to view these, I know you can buy hair styles and glasses but no option for costume patterns.

Also is it possible to buy or unlock the last 3 costumes for characters?

Costume patterns are how you unlock costumes in the full game. Each costume needs x amount of patterns to unlock.

Ogawa-san

Nov 1, 2017
I expected it to look much better than DoA5 after all these years. Playing on Pro, even on graphics mode it looks like it's running on base PS4.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Not seeing a huge difference with how Hitomi plays so far in training barring changes to universal mechanics like no Critical Burst or Power Launchers, but I've noticed several new moves for Marie so far, and her old forward-facing Critical Burst got a massive power-up (gained Close Hit property, doing a good chunk of damage and causing a freeze frame before sending them tumbling across the screen).

Squarealex

Nov 11, 2017
I create a Video Framerate test for DOA6 on PS4.
With Graphic Mode

I upload Action Mode later

I remember Beta Online ran worse than Demo now.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, when standing in front of the flames made by wrecking some cars on the Road Rage stage, there's this weird pixelated outline around the characters like a mosaic effect.

Dlent

Nov 2, 2017
Anybody else getting the bug that resets your control scheme to default when you play online? Making a bad first impression.