• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing how a 5 bar connection can immediately drop to a 1 bar as soon as the fight begins.

Yes, but for some reason the Netcode has been amazing in my experience. I gotten 1 bar wired and it feels great. There might be one or 2 moments the game freezes, but that was it. It's complete playable compared to other fighters. But 1 or 2 bars Wifi, well that is another story...

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Oh right, actually the 4-hit combo off of KP is something new for Hitomi (forgot to mention it earlier).

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Consistent connection quality isn't a strong point here, but overall, I think it feels better than SC6 a lot of the time.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but for some reason the Netcode has been amazing in my experience. I gotten 1 bar wired and it feels great. There might be one or 2 moments the game freezes, but that was it. It's complete playable compared to other fighters. But 1 or 2 bars Wifi, well that is another story...
Consistent connection quality isn't a strong point here, but overall, I think it feels better than SC6 a lot of the time.
Having largely the opposite experience here.

You probably know, but before accepting wait for like 3 seconds and then accept if it doesn't change.

Been doing that. More like 5 seconds.

Squarealex

Nov 11, 2017
Now action mode

I think game run at 900p on this mode, maybe more. The final render isn't not so blur (than Tekken 7 for example).
But can see a little drop with 2 fps & more when we use S combo. Depending map too...
So I think the best way to play is PS4 Pro & One X Action Mode both. (Maybe graphic Mode for PS4 Pro, but I dind't have this model)

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Graphics mode on Xbox One X, frame rate ranges from 30-45 fps, some times it does go lower, and depending on the stage the frame rate may be higher or lower.

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Netcode is overall solid. Peer to peer matches being random as hell. But this is the most I've ever enjoyed a DOA online.

The ability to rematch ranked makes for a more exciting match up since both players start getting an understanding of play styles.

The implementation of the S button is both super helpful to new comers and great for advanced players. Puts a lot of comeback mechanics to shame.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
The clothing damage is so poorly done in many cases. The rips and tears are so unnatural looking, and some costumes don't even have any damage(?)

How hard is it to strip clothes off sexy people?

Deleted member 40604

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 3, 2018
Graphics mode on Xbox One X, frame rate ranges from 30-45 fps, some times it does go lower, and depending on the stage the frame rate may be higher or lower.

This is outrageously stupid. Why even implement this mode at all? Why even have it at native 4K? Couldn't they have done 1440p or something? There is zero benefit to playing in this mode.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
This is outrageously stupid. Why even implement this mode at all? Why even have it at native 4K? Couldn't they have done 1440p or something? There is zero benefit to playing in this mode.
Yeah I think there should have been 3 modes at least, the native 4K does look drastically better, shame about the frame rate, game really isn't playable in that mode.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I create a Video Framerate test for DOA6 on PS4.
With Graphic Mode

I upload Action Mode later

I remember Beta Online ran worse than Demo now.

Tried running graphics mode on base PS4, this is about what it looks like for me as well. I was surprised by XB1X running much worse in it, but then I considered the difference in resolution and its effect on maintaining a higher frame rate.

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
They might've added it for photo mode, it's not playable at all, well except in training stage, it's good there.

DR2K, intense matches!
Sadly ruined by the sudden lag spikes.

Lag wasn't bad. But for some reason I couldn't crouch after standing block. Some weird input delay there.

DOA5 was an unplayable mess for us last I recall, this was playable. GG

ShinMaruku

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing how a 5 bar connection can immediately drop to a 1 bar as soon as the fight begins.
Said from Day one the net code will be shit.
Netcode is overall solid. Peer to peer matches being random as hell. But this is the most I've ever enjoyed a DOA online.

The ability to rematch ranked makes for a more exciting match up since both players start getting an understanding of play styles.

The implementation of the S button is both super helpful to new comers and great for advanced players. Puts a lot of comeback mechanics to shame.
I will agree the rematch only being for 2 wins is a really solid thing, it can break the salt by ending the set in 2 wins. S I will need more time to work on but I do have some pretty nice set ups using it from launch juggles.
Game developers often have terrible ideas.

Oct 26, 2017
I really wanted this to work for me. No matter the mode (4K, performance, online or offline), I'm just not happy with how this looks or performs

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
Some online matches, had several matches with different connections. Most of them felt good to me.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
So looking at that "quality" mode video - am I safe to assume that game speed isn't tied to framerate like other fighters (and presumably previous DOAs)? Or does the gameplay still slow down during framerate dips?

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I am surprised at how much I liked it. DoA5 is a good game but this is much better. Played a good 3 hours straight. The controls are good, the models are beautiful, good stages and the mechanics are easy yet rewarding enough. And Kasumi is beastly in this game.
The game shines with the Hori Fighting Commander control pad (Xbox).

It went from a no buy to a buy the complete edition in 10 months lol.
Scrached my Virtua Fighter ich too.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Done for now. Got to almost D+ today mostly Christie. Had fun

Already said enough about the visuals of the game so not gonna do it again but its definitely improved over the last beta.

Netcode seems alright feels improved over the last beta as well

Still no spotify on ps4 fucking sucks

Not being able to remove Lisa's masks is really dumb. You let me remove Mila's cap or Tina's cowboy hat let me remove Lisa's damn masks.

Said it earlier but removing the arrows to display if a move is high/mid/low is stupid and so is removing the ability to display strings/moves on screen. You did a P and strings showed up that all start with P in DoA5

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
So looking at that "quality" mode video - am I safe to assume that game speed isn't tied to framerate like other fighters (and presumably previous DOAs)? Or does the gameplay still slow down during framerate dips?
It seemed to struggle a bit on the pirate ship stage in that mode on base PS4 when I used it, but I didn't notice a difference for the Jurassic Park stage.

OP
OP
Mesharey

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
Any idea if the limbo stun from DoA5 is still in this build?
It was in the previous beta, but my attacks now give me the new stun motion.
Lag wasn't bad. But for some reason I couldn't crouch after standing block. Some weird input delay there.

DOA5 was an unplayable mess for us last I recall, this was playable. GG
When I saw your name I was like (oh shit I better concentrate otherwise I'll lose the streak!) xD.
But yeah a lot better than 5, I'm in the other side of the world and it was alright, GG.
Not being able to remove Lisa's masks is really dumb. You let me remove Mila's cap or Tina's cowboy hat let me remove Lisa's damn masks.
I'll be surprised if you can't remove the mask in the full game from DOA Central, kinda weird.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I know it's stupid but I think many devs are going for native 4k with framedrops on Xbox One X because next gen these framedrops won't be an issue with backward compatibility.

But yes, there should have been a third option like Tomb Raider.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Seems skipping ahead through results pages quickly is necessary (no idea why they put three different things in the way like that), I wound up missing the chance to accept a rematch from the first opponent I played earlier tonight.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed something. Marie and Honoka are apparently precluded from being given slow mo shots of being punched in the face unlike all the other fighters in the game. The camera pans out instead of doing the close in slow-mo shot for break moves.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Action mode on Xbox One X, frame rate is a solid 60 FPS with only a small drop to 57, resolution is much lower in this mode. Multiplayer frame rate results are likely not that accurate because of the lag spikes.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I played one match on Xbox One earlier that was an Ayane mirror match. It was a close match, but I lost. Then I had to go do some stuff.

Started playing the PlayStation 4 version a bit ago. I got a 10 win streak right off the bat. I lost on a rematch against the person I got 10th win on, but then I won the second rematch.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed something. Marie and Honoka are apparently precluded from being given slow mo shots of being punched in the face unlike all the other fighters in the game. The camera pans out instead of doing the close in slow-mo shot for break moves.
NiCO is also excluded from face smash zoom-ins.

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
DOA players and Smash players don't do rematches. Just take their wins and run like bitches.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Hurray I'm getting a hang of my combo starters and stuff. The game is fun but I'm not too motivated to get better at it. There's too many fighting games out.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
DOA players and Smash players don't do rematches. Just take their wins and run like bitches.
I was gonna say, "the ones I've gotten so far were good about it," but I just got my first one right after reading that when fighting a Brad Wong. The Tina I played after ran a full set with me, though.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
PS4 Pro on the Graphics mode, the frame rate is a solid 60 fps, with 1 drop to 59 FPS. I changed between the graphics, and action modes, and I cant tell any difference between then.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Well that sure was a rusty few matches.
I have apparently forgotten everything, but got at least 1 win with Ayane.

Thank you anybody I played against for putting up with me being a Scrub.
And whoever that was with the green Hayabusa, you played me like a fiddle, well done. Thanks for accepting my rematch request.

Edit: waiting for matches really sucks, I thought there'd be more people around
just sitting around staring at that "waiting for match" screen sucks

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: waiting for matches really sucks, I thought there'd be more people around
just sitting around staring at that "waiting for match" screen sucks
Go in training mode while you wait

BOOM. That's how you start the fight and finish it quickly.
DYTh9pe.gif

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Just a solid understanding of 3D fighters and good few Bnbs and you're already better than most players

I've noticed lol. A few have beaten me because I'm not sure how to handle mashing that well. I'm scared to hold. I don't like the holding system in general tbh. I never liked that you can hold someone in the middle of getting hit in a combo. It's such a buzzkill. I get that it's supposed to encourage mixups but meh.