• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pey

Nov 27, 2017
Argentina
In case you wanna know how DOA6 looks at 4K, here's the link to my screenshot gallery (almost 300 images, includes all characters and stages): http://www.pcmrace.com/2019/02/28/nuestras-imagenes-y-video-de-gameplay-de-dead-or-alive-6-en-4k-con-detalles-al-maximo/

DOA6-2019-02-27-22-20-42-587.jpg

DOA6-2019-02-27-22-13-37-449.jpg

DOA6-2019-02-27-22-30-28-497.jpg

And here's a 4K video with some of the characters:

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
Still a fighter is good and I prefer it over I'm Still a Fighter, but I'm Still a Fighter suits it better since the game uses "I'm a Fighter".

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
If there's no "value" in the title, there's definitely not "navel" in as it's not even a reference to people outside of this thread :p

"Still a fighter" is nice but feels like it's missing something. Will go with this if there's no other variation by this evening.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
Made a follow up to my first 4K showcase, this time with Afterburner running and seeing 100 percent CPU usage the whole time. Which is odd because while streaming the game OBS was reporting only 3 percent CPU usage.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Bought the PS4 version, then saw that Dissidia's coming to steam so I canceled it and decided I'm gonna get it on PC instead. Hopefully that doesn't bite me in the butt, but I really didn't wanna buy PS+ again, haha.

Is there currently a Pre-load for the PC version?

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018
Bought the PS4 version, then saw that Dissidia's coming to steam so I canceled it and decided I'm gonna get it on PC instead. Hopefully that doesn't bite me in the butt, but I really didn't wanna buy PS+ again, haha.

Is there currently a Pre-load for the PC version?
No, will be available to buy in 14 hours or so. No preload.

Shozuki

Mar 5, 2018
Hey guys, apologies not been following the thread that closely but I hope it's alright to ask....

I haven't played DoA properly since 2, but fancying this one my concern is online community though - ideally I'd buy the game on PC, but I'm worried the community will sway towards PS4.

What's the consensus here then? PS4 or PC?

Thanks

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Hey guys, apologies not been following the thread that closely but I hope it's alright to ask....

I haven't played DoA properly since 2, but fancying this one my concern is online community though - ideally I'd buy the game on PC, but I'm worried the community will sway towards PS4.

Thanks

The consensus, from what I've seen, is that PS4 is the safer option. Personally, I'm gonna risk the PC version though, since I don't want to buy PS+. If worst comes to worst, I can just play the Core fighters version down the line if the PC community ends up dying.

No, will be available to buy in 14 hours or so. No preload.

Thanks, that's what I thought when I checked the store. 'Preciate it.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan

Thanks
PS4 is definitely the safer choice but I'm confident that PC will still be viable if you live somewhere where people play FGs, like West Coast/East Coast of US or Europe.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks
I'm going PS4, with Core Fighters on PC later on.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Season pass if converted
97 dollar
85 euro

Hopefully they didn't raise individual costume prices

90 bucks season pass on release for a game that feels like it was rushed out doesn't seem like a good idea.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Season pass if converted
97 dollar
85 euro

Hopefully they didn't raise individual costume prices

90 bucks season pass on release for a game that feels like it was rushed out is not a good idea.

Apparently Nyotengu is still 3.99$, so the same as in DOA5LR. If the characters stayed the same, the single costume prices might as well?

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017
So the PC version is alright?

I don't do a ton of online play, just wanting a good port after doa5 disappointed in that regard

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
They can't be serious with this lighting....

D0geOhAVAAADHbH.jpg

D0geO2uVYAAs6-Q.jpg

It hurts my eyes. x___X It's so overly bright Leifang is a redhead now.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Made a follow up to my first 4K showcase, this time with Afterburner running and seeing 100 percent CPU usage the whole time. Which is odd because while streaming the game OBS was reporting only 3 percent CPU usage.

What are your CPU temps then? (Also why the heck would you not display CPU temps in your Afterburner? :P)

Wonder if they have the game idle waiting on CPU... 3% CPU usage would be incredibly small for any 3D application.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
What are your CPU temps then? (Also why the heck would you not display CPU temps in your Afterburner? :P)

Wonder if they have the game idle waiting on CPU... 3% CPU usage would be incredibly small for any 3D application.
Going to put up another video with the full suite turned on, apologies I will make it better haha.

Shozuki

Mar 5, 2018
Thanks for the info guys. I'm based in the UK - I totally forgot about PS+ too. Guess I'm also going PC then!

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
My steelbook copy arrived today, I am really liking it so far, there is a option to get a season pass but when you get to the store it says "not available" the game is not supposed to be out yet though.

Those images posted are very good, how do you access the camera in PS4?

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Seems like the usual DOA5 prices, which is good.
Guest characters will likely be 6$ unlike the usual 4$ for DOA characters then. Can't see them making a characters pass, but there's no point when you can buy them individually anyway.

edit: unlisted video on KT Europe's DOA6 playlist, guess we're getting the launch trailer soon.

Last edited:

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
I have no recollection of preordering DOA6, but apparently I did. The Strongest Package or something no less. To late to cancel too since Amazon already shipped it. Oops.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
I'm gonna post the OT 15mn from now, easier for me.
Let me know if you'd like to add or change anything once it's up!
I have no recollection of preordering DOA6, but apparently I did. The Strongest Package or something no less. To late to cancel too since Amazon already shipped it. Oops.
Please post cool scans from the artbook :p

edit:
OT is up! :)

Last edited:

Liferebooted

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Got the game from Amazon today, also got an email with the code for nyotengu, anyone else not able to redeem theirs?

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Official confirmation for lobbies.

For a game with an obsession of having their cake and eat it regarding their super sexualized female characters who remain for all intents an purposes sexless and probably virgins in the minds of otaku Japan sure loves dressing their gals in wedding dresses.

Has any DoA girl ever had aconfirmation of being ever in a relationship?

Oct 25, 2017
Zack and Tina flirt and so do Xianghua edit( lol) Leifang and Jann Lee.

Didn't Hitomi have a thing for Ein?

Feel like post itagaki that stuff got toned down tho

Last edited:

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Playable? I don't think so. There's certainly flirting and awkward sexual tension at times between characters, though.
Of course playable and the fact that they're sexed up as all hell and yet remain virginal doesnt surprise me in the least! Par for the course with JP products aimed at otaku.

I can imagine the riots if Tecmo were to say Honoka or Mary Rose had boyfriends. I can see the twitter pictures of people breaking their DoA discs in half and burning their $200 Honoka figurines.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zack and Tina flirt and so do Xianghua and Jann Lee.

Didn't Hitomi have a thing for Ein?
I said "relationship". Some platonic flirting is not the same as confirming they're in a commited relationship where sex can be assumed happens on a regular basis. For that it would mean that Tecmo would canonically declare forever that one of their precious maidens is not a virgin anymore and thats why itll never happen.

Aug 26, 2018
日本
Of course playable and the fact that they're sexed up as all hell and yet remain virginal doesnt surprise me in the least! Par for the course with JP products aimed at otaku.
Well, Tina did a sex scene for a movie she was in (which caused Bass to crash his motorcycle during a race). And Christie is so not a virgin. But, they probably don't "count" since they're "old" and in their mid-20s. lol

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like would it though? Sophitia in SC had a husband and kids and people still love her.
Your argument would hold water if it wasnt because:

1) Sophitia was created years ago in an era before Japanese otaku cared about this shit like they do now. Before moe blobs and waifus were a thing. It was such an entirely different situation that led Namco to think they could make their postergirl a wife and a mother, something thats unthinkable for a mdern JP fighting game!

2) they eventually did ditch Sophitia once she got too old due to a time skip and got replaced by her virginal body doubl-- I mean daughter in SC5. We never see her on screen because she must be like 40 now and we cant have that on a Japanese fighting game!

and

3) they rebooted the entire franchise and went back to square one with SC6 and they undid Sophitia's marriage and motherhood and is now back to being an early 20 something hot as hell virginal girl.

So no, Sophitia is not a good example.