• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I would never do such a thing
I feel like scans have been posted in Jump Force threads before.

I'm just joking. ;)
But I am pretty sure just as in the old forum scans of magazines are not allowed.

I guess we will be getting a trailer and better images in the coming couple of days anyway.
But, damn, their reveals are so poorly coordinated. Always leaking a couple days early, everybody knowing and talking about it, but the official pages acting as if nothing happened, tiny screens or offscreen footage and then after days finally official footage from Team Ninja/Koei Tecmo themselves. And even that is low quality and stingy in content.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Scans still aren't allowed no.
Information from scans are allowed though. I'm sure we'll get the trailer friday or so, as Famitsu just released and Team Ninja RTd the announcement.

edit: Famitsu preview is not a scan and is allowed however.
5c10943643214.jpg

ryu_highabusa

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
The Famitsu preview also implies that Eliott's fighting style is a bit different, and we can see him wearing Gen-Fu's classic outfit.
GdJr57X.jpg

Information from scans are allowed though
The new stage is called "Unforgettable" and is a mash-up of several old stages. It looks like "Gambler's Paradise" is there but the text specifically mentions "Taylor's Bar" aka that cutscene bar area from DOA5 (maybe they're both in?) but also visible are the "Eternal Helix/Great Hall" from DOA4 and the DOA5 "Danger Zone" remake. It almost looks like a movie studio with a bunch of different sets connected by half-wall partitions.

Last edited:

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
GdJr57X.jpg

The new stage is called "Unforgettable" and is a mash-up of several old stages. It looks like "Gambler's Paradise" but the text specifically mentions "Taylor's Bar" aka that cutscene bar area from DOA5 but also visible are the "Eternal Helix/Great Hall" from DOA4 and the DOA5 "Danger Zone" remake.
Oh wow that sounds good.
And lol at the pic.

Azuardo

Oct 25, 2017
IoI0jl8.png

Definitely the look of a man that killed and skinned a zebra for his outfit.

Marie Rose probably stitched it together for him.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
New stage sounds interesting but I would have rather had full individual stages instead of one made up out of parts of different stages

Atleast it looks like its another bigger stage. Game still needs several more

Azuardo

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely a strange stage setup. Wonder what their magical logic is to make it work. Perhaps a half-arsed way to bring back multiple areas without fully bringing them back as stages themselves? Hopefully it's not a trend and doesn't result in less actual stages.

Azuardo

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, tis Kas' NG3 sailor outfit. Can't translate, so not sure if this is part of the deluxe pre-order set or not. It doesn't look to be, so I'm unsure if this is another bonus.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Might be the PS4 exclusive costume? It's next to the X1 exclusive costume.
Wasn't there a preorder exclusive costume too?

Azuardo

Oct 25, 2017
Might be the PS4 exclusive costume? It's next to the X1 exclusive costume.
Wasn't there a preorder exclusive costume too?
I swear it was only a PS4 theme that was the pre-order bonus for PS4. And I think you'd spot some reference to the PS4's name in the text there, but there's nothing like the number 4 anywhere.

Totally clueless right now till someone can figure it out.

Azuardo

Oct 25, 2017
Ah-ha. The NG3 outfit might be the early purchase Kasumi costume bonus they mention here: https://teamninja-studio.com/doa6/uk/products.html

I assumed that was the same as the digital deluxe edition pre-order bonus, but this might mean separate things, since they have a sample image of the NG2 outfit, but nothing yet next to the early purchase note.

So this could mean even retail physical buyers can get the NG3 outfit as a code in the box perhaps.

So, it should be something like this:

Xbox pre-order bonus: Green Hayabusa costume
PS4 pre-order bonus: PS4 theme
Digital Deluxe bonus: Kasumi NG2 costume
Early Purchase bonus: Kasumi NG3 costume

Sheesh.

Azuardo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, ive read that sailor kasumi is first print bonus. So I think that would be for any preorders?
Yeah, it should be for any pre-orders and first-print copies, so code in the box I guess, and freebie download with digital.

I'm sure Sony Europe will fuck something up and we'll have to wait months for our bonuses here tho.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized Kasumi would be next level with tats up and down her backside.

See post 3,665

Aug 26, 2018
日本
Oh, cool. So we will get Nyotengu and the Kasumi costume for preordering any edition on any platform? :)
Correct. However, Steam has no pre-order apparently. You just have to buy it early.

I just realized Kasumi would be next level with tats up and down her backside.

See post 3,665
I don't know where you're from, but in American English, "backside" is usually synonymous with "buttocks" and not the "back" of the torso. You may want to be careful. lol

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
It's not just MK, they'll still be competing with dlc of existing fighters like sfv season 4 and the rest of T7's season 2 which includes negan who casuals all know of and even sc6 with 2B will draw even more attention away from doa6...and that's not including the juggernaut that's is smash which will still be fresh and new by the time doa6 rolls out.

2B should be out long before DOA, otherwise we'll be getting DLC character #4 in December of next year. Even with that, I don't think individual DLC characters can compete with a brand new game release. Plus, most casuals don't stick around for very long after launch, even when it comes to Smash. DOA coming in Feb is far enough away from the other stuff that it shouldn't be an issue.

When Noctis was announced for Tekken 7 I thought that was the ultimate snub of Dead or Alive, lol. First of all, Team Ninja was already working closely together with Square Enix and the Final Fantasy brand making Dissidia, and secondly, in light of the extremely popular Dead Fantasy fan project from some years ago. Instead they went with the Tekken series that so far had no relation to FF whatsoever, lol.
I guess, while their relationship is good and close Dead or Alive isn't anywhere close to the brand worth and prestige of Final Fantasy. These collabs are usually made with two brands of equal worth, where both brands can profit equally, which is the case with Tekken, but not really DOA. :(

Why would Square put Noctis in a game that's years old and debuted on past gen consoles? I can totally see Tifa or someone similar making it into DOA6. At the very least it's far more likely than Noctis or any other FF character making it into DOA5.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That was not Raidou in the trailer. In an interview (I think it was) Shimbori said it's not Raidou but one of the cyborgs NiCO is working on.
I assume those cyborgs are advanced models/clones of Raidou though, because they look a lot like him, so he his probably also in the game in some form.

Azuardo

Oct 25, 2017
That was not Raidou in the trailer. In an interview (I think it was) Shimbori said it's not Raidou but one of the cyborgs NiCO is working on.
I assume those cyborgs are advanced models/clones of Raidou though, because they look a lot like him, so he his probably also in the game in some form.
On the other hand, that can mean he doesn't have to be a character in the game either. Cyborg Raidous are just a plot line that can function without Raidou himself (who could just have been simply another clone in 5 - who's to say?). He could still come down the line as DLC.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The Eliot and Brad reveal trailer just dropped:

That stage is actually pretty awesome...

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
That stage is really cool, nice throwback to the old stages that are sorely missed.
Also Brad's head still looks super weird to me.

Aug 26, 2018
日本
What's the 27 then? Was it stickers or something like that in the Japanese version?

I think we'll end up with 26 characters.
People were (are) unsure if Phase-4 is included in the 25 buttons/costumes. We know that Nyotengu makes 26 characters. But, does P4 make 27 or was she already in the 25?

The Brad/Eliot trailer says that "The two fighters bolster the announced lineup to 24 playable characters at launch." That wording sounds a tad final. But, then there was that Raidou bot, so maybe that's a secret.