• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone could have just supported my tweet about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The more support it had gotten the more inclined TN would've been to fix it.

Master did still respond luckily. He says he's sharing my suggestion with the team, again.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
I know it's just the beta, but I'm REALLY loving the music and brightness of the stage. It's a welcome change from DOA5's dull colors. My only gripe thus far is multiple recolors taking up costume slots.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
I use wifi, it works fine. I messed around with wired/wifi with ps4 pro online multiplayer performance a few years ago and the difference wasn't noticeable.

I have not played a single wifi match that was good. Different people have different setups, but 90% of the time, wifi is not good for fighting games.

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
I been having good experiences vs WIFI and Wired players, although I'm wired. And with WIFI players there is a higher chance of a random lag spike/slow down at moments.

But in general I think my experience was good. Here are my latest matches I recorded, although, I did have a horrible luck today with rage quitters... >_>

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't like online play for that reason, I rather enjoy playing alone without any jerk ruining my game.
I only tried out the beta, because I finally got to play the game that way. The people I was matched with were actually alright, until one Kasumi user. After he lost a round he started spamming the same cheap move over and over again like a madman for the remaining rounds and won. How can anyone be like that?

I by the way actually like how Diego played. I might use him more often. Wouldn't have thought that before. :)

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
We are in the era of fragile egos. Expect some very fragile people playing games like this paradoxically.
People rage quit in non-competitive modes all the time where the results literally are meaningless. Some people are just piss babies and thats the long and short of it.
Absolutely. I still get people who rage quit in casuals of all things over in SFV (no points to be lost, no color square to be affected like DBFZ or BBTAG, but sometimes they still run away anyway).

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Yeah, I don't like online play for that reason, I rather enjoy playing alone without any jerk ruining my game.
I only tried out the beta, because I finally got to play the game that way. The people I was matched with were actually alright, until one Kasumi user. After he lost a round he started spamming the same cheap move over and over again like a madman for the remaining rounds and won. How can anyone be like that?

I by the way actually like how Diego played. I might use him more often. Wouldn't have thought that before. :)
Yeah I ran into a Ayane player that did pretty much the same thing. I also really like Diego as well. He is probably my favorite fighter that the DOA series has introduced in a long time. His Break Blow is so satisfying.

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I ran into a Ayane player that did pretty much the same thing. I also really like Diego as well. He is probably my favorite fighter that the DOA series has introduced in a long time. His Break Blow is so satisfying.

Yeah, his is the one that looks the best. I was a bit dissapointed by the rest of the Beta Cast Break Blows, they need a bit more of a BOOM effect or something.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally trying out the beta and I'm playing as Diego. Good stuff. Feels good getting some wins and ranking up a few times.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Yeah, locals is not easy for everyone. Be it in a rural area, a country without much of a scene, etc.
I guess it's easier in the USA :p

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Which isnt always an option. For some, online play is all there is if they want to play against others.
Yeah, locals is not easy for everyone. Be it in a rural area, a country without much of a scene, etc.
I guess it's easier in the USA :p

No it's not always easy.

There were zero locals on my island. I started them myself.

At the very least, two people and a console to start. Doesn't have to be fancy. Start playing with live people somehow if at all possible.

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
I have not played a single wifi match that was good. Different people have different setups, but 90% of the time, wifi is not good for fighting games.

I'm not disagreeing for the most part, but the experience of playing this particular game with wifi was very good. I played a good hour or so yesterday, and there was only one bad match. It felt as responsive and smooth as I would expect from a good playing online fighting game.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
And beta over.

Guess I will fill out that survey later today. Better not have a character limit on how much you can write

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
I think there's a limit but I wrote this and it was enough:
Better netcode please, Tag and team battle PLEASE, movement after the battle, more interactive stages, more characters, more costumes, more modes.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR

Kayane interviewed Shimbori. She was the one pushing for 2B in SC6, wonder if she did the same lol.

Also first layout with the DLC characters? Looks like 3 spots free.

Edit: she replaced her tweet, but
IMG_20190114_164636.jpg

Last edited:

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Lol so much for that survey. The character limit is so small

3 slots? Leon, Rachel, Momiji so the dlc for 6 will be the Ultimate additions. Way to make your game look like a redo and paying for the same things again

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
The hairstyle is different, that's why, Saber, unless you mean her selection picture, not sure.

Raidou is in the picture that's why kayane deleted it.

4 slots if they make the random by pressing square, Leon, Rachel, Momijo, and guest character.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Rachel or Momiji characters people liked and played? Nah lets bring Raidou back

Man who asked for Raidou...that character should have just stayed dead and in the past. Freaking Cyborg Raidou now also in the story before a playable Donovan

Maybe the 3 slots are unlockable characters.. as if

Having Nyo and Phase 4 as only dlc announced so long before release with no concrete talk about other dlc characters or a season pass and then 3 empty slots that scream dlc is weird

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Man who asked for Raidou...that character should have just stayed dead and in the past. Freaking Cyborg Raidou now also in the story before a playable Donovan

Maybe because Raidou is actually part of the game's story and Momiji and Rachel are basically just guest characters like the Virtua Fighters?
At least Momiji will come for sure as DLC, don't worry.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe because Raidou is actually part of the game's story and Momiji and Rachel are basically just guest characters like the Virtua Fighters?
Continuing to regard them as odd ones out rather than using this new game as an opportunity to incorporate them into the story in spite of also being Ninja Gaiden characters, with one being Hayabusa's disciple even, remains very disappointing. There was certainly far more potential for having the canon acknowledge them than actual guests from a franchise the company doesn't own.

Azuardo

Oct 25, 2017

Maybe the 3 slots are unlockable characters.. as if

Having Nyo and Phase 4 as only dlc announced so long before release with no concrete talk about other dlc characters or a season pass and then 3 empty slots that scream dlc is weird
I do agree with you on this post.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017

DoA and NG are in the same universe. How are Rachel and Momiji guest characters like VF characters?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
also nioh, let's bring in fuku through time shenanigans

Virtua Fighter too since they were in the DOA5 story without coming through a portal from another dimension.
Being from the same universe doesn't necessarily make a so far one time visiting character a character of that franchise.