• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
we already know the game won't be well optimized because they've told us as much, with their decision to not include tag mode because of it

ryu_highabusa

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
Holy Mother of God, the aliasing in this is off the charts. O:

46142971765_53c16ceb85_o.png

Did they drop the base PS4 version after the beta to 720p with zero antialiasing? I found it very strange that PS4 Pro is only 1080p when the base PS4 version is as well.
I think it's the variable resolution. The beta dropped pretty low even in the menus too sometimes for whatever reason. What could be that taxing in the menus though? wtf

Driver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Eh, DOA6 looks better in the environments but the character models and some of the animations look worse than they did in DOA5. I especially dislike he new sweat in DOA6, makes everyone look plasticky and like dolls. Overall it's an improvement but still somewhat disappointing especially what I imagined it would look like after playing DOAX3. I'll be getting the PC version of DOA6 first so that I can play it in 4K with better settings. While I think the PS4 Pro version looked decent, the fact it was running at 1080p was disappointing. Gonna spend time modding the hell out of the PC version, the lack of outfits in the base game is disappointing and I already miss Tag Team mode.
It's coming out day 1 on PC right?

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody should expect any significant presence of this game from the normal FGC avenues.

So BigE tournaments aren't normal FGC avenues? Final Round and CEO aren't normal FGC avenues? WNF and SCR aren't normal FGC avenues?

If you're not interested in the competitive side of DOA6, that's fine. But don't come in acting like the game will be dead on arrival. I don't know if DOA6 will make it as an Evo main game (we'll know soon), but your statements are pretty ridiculous. And this is coming from someone who is not overly keen on competitive DOA6.

ShinMaruku

Oct 25, 2017
So BigE tournaments aren't normal FGC avenues? Final Round and CEO aren't normal FGC avenues? WNF and SCR aren't normal FGC avenues?

If you're not interested in the competitive side of DOA6, that's fine. But don't come in acting like the game will be dead on arrival. I don't know if DOA6 will make it as an Evo main game (we'll know soon), but your statements are pretty ridiculous. And this is coming from someone who is not overly keen on competitive DOA6.
Big E has always consistently had doa tournaments. But when was the last time CEO and WNF and SCR had a DOA tournament when the game was fresh? I recall most events gave it 1 shot and moved on after that. FR and Big E always did support those events.
Also I never said the game is dead on arrival, what I did say is I don't expect much fgc attention with the game, it's own scene and fans having games and having the game active should be paramount. Not some is this game as evo as some kind of bench mark.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
http://www.gameblog.fr/interview_1187_rencontre-avec-yohei-shimbori-directeur-et-producteur-de-la-

To be honest, we did a bit too much with some costumes in the past. And this no longer corresponds to the time in which we live. What you saw today [ he shows one of Christie's suits, biker, the screenshot of the preview ] is the farthest we'll go in terms of sexualization. And it's still very sexy!

This man is unable to not contradict himself with every new interview. After a bunch of fanservice is on the level of 5, we can't ignore it as fans like it, etc. Statements more recently its now out of nowhere back to how he sounded months ago. Yes its saying what he thinks a certain interviewer wants to hear but making these statements makes no sense anymore.

Why would he say Christie's biker outfit is as far as the fanservice goes when everyone has already seen this Nyo outfit

Which is kinda the same style as Christie's biker outfit when it comes to fanservice except more fanservicy..

Also this

Now we have not seen it in game but I can't imagine someone who gets interviews and gets to play a press build would lie.
Especially with all that dancing around the fanservice topic Shimbori is doing outfits like that not being shown really before release wouldn't be surprising. Also lines up with characters like Tina and Christie not even having a 5th outfit in any of the public builds yet.

I just don't get it, it seemed like the fanservice topic had quieted down a bit due to what has been shown and some of Shimbori's more recent statements and people were just wondering about yet to be shown outfits and how many outfits each character will really have but he decided to make this a topic again..

Like holy shit just own it. He just keeps making himself and the game a target with these all over the place statements

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
I'm starting to think that Shimbori is really trying to sabotage this game's launch with his mixed messages about fanservice. Can he just shut up if he can't stick to a single clear message? Why does he have to keep contradicting himself with this issue? What a strange man.

Celcius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I plan to get the Steam version on day one but I wish they'd let us pre-order and later pre-load it.

ShinMaruku

Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to think that Shimbori is really trying to sabotage this game's launch with his mixed messages about fanservice. Can he just shut up if he can't stick to a single clear message? Why does he have to keep contradicting himself with this issue? What a strange man.
The marketing team at Koei is terrible. They have a very bad system of announcing and putting out info. They should have just let him not say anything.

Last edited:

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017

It's because they want to please multiple audiences. They're sort of caught in the middle between wanting to be taken seriously as a fighter and a bunch of the core fanbase being otakus who complain loudly about any perceived censorship.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
That's really early for retail copies to be hitting stores. Kind of makes you wonder what the delay was for (other than to move away from Jump Force).

Oct 31, 2017
It's because they want to please multiple audiences. They're sort of caught in the middle between wanting to be taken seriously as a fighter and a bunch of the core fanbase being otakus who complain loudly about any perceived censorship.
They need to pick a side and stick with it because this constant flip-flopping is only hurting them.
The marketing team at Koei is terrible. They have a very bad system of announcing and putting out info. They should have just let him not say anything.
Yea, they are doing a terrible job. They need to put a muzzle on him, I feel he's doing a lot of damage with his flip-flopping.

Azuardo

Oct 25, 2017
Shimbori's a fun a guy, but he's not who should have been doing their promo and interviews, unfortunately.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
It's time to call KT's golden boy to the rescue
Screenshot_2.png

More seriously, as said above, I like Shimbori, but he's closer to Ono at this point. He needs to train for interviews.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
Lazybones2020: Even though there was a little bit of a delay, I am sure fans are looking forward to the game more than ever. Can we go into specifics of the two-week delay? What is going to be changed and why was it needed?

Shimbori: The cause for the delay was just small bugs here and there and so we wanted to resubmit the master for the game. At the same time, we wanted to make small character adjustments in balancing the gameplay.

Lazybones2020: And part of that I am sure was taking the information from the beta that you just had. Was there anything specific you have learned from the beta, or was it more of a stress test for online functions?

Shimbori: It would actually be both, we wanted to fix whatever we found as well as using the comments from the users as well as fixing the game including balance.

Lazybones2020: Were there any specific gameplay mechanics that you have seen the fans give feedback about? I have seen a vocal segment of players discuss the sidestep and its speed not being what they expected.

Shimbori: Looking at the feedback, from mostly the North American players, the "ground game" was not received as well as we expected. That's something we would like to improve in terms of balancing.

http://shoryuken.com/2019/01/30/sho...eta-nico-free-to-play-possibilities-and-more/

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
The problem was Shimbori's belief that the cheesecake that's been associated with DoA from the very beginning was the issue when there's not much of a difference with how fighters accepted by the FGC (i.e., SFV, SCVI, GGXrd) do things at this point, when gameplay quirks like the hold/counter system and less guaranteed damage have been the problem with getting the franchise to catch on competitively. Addressing gameplay should've been the primary focus, yet any attempts to talk about that always got derailed by people thinking the fanservice was going to be taken away rather than being pushed more to the background for eSports presentability, the ones who complained loudest seeming to have forgotten altogether when Team Ninja tried toning things down before ramping them up gradually in DoA5.

Poor PR decisions on Shimbori's part and Western media outlets occasionally trumpeting it as DoA finally "maturing" or "growing up" to place greater emphasis on violence than sex appeal, along with the Japanese marketing and domestic media coverage taking a decidedly different tone in line with the rest of the franchise, have led to an ongoing series of mixed messages.

ryu_highabusa

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
It's more that he's been used to interviews since more than a decade and climbed the ranks to boss of Team Ninja.
He hasn't much issues with focus.
Hayashi's the main reason behind the current DOA identity crisis. He couldn't care less about DOA and at any prior events he would appeal to the lowest common denominator by demoing a bouncing feature or something stupid.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Nioh is the best thing out of Team Ninja in years. DOA is suffering identity crisis because they cant decide whether they want to go one way or the other

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017

I wish and she isn't the only one. I guess that plastic look will stay as well... Not expecting anything tbh at this point

the ones who complained loudest seeming to have forgotten altogether when Team Ninja tried toning things down before ramping them up gradually in DoA5

But thats the thing. They were never so vocal about it with 5 that it seemingly dominated the discussion not to mention all that "this level of fanservice isn't acceptable anymore" nonense talk from Shimbori.

They tried it with 5 it didn't work out given how they increased the fanservice and even added DoAX like gravure videos at some point. Years of dlc and multiple season passes that clearly many bought so they kept going and now despite all that they wanna do that same dance again.

He should have just stood behind the project and how fanservice is part of DoA and then not constantly make it a topic himself and try to talk about toning down stuff. He is just making himself look bad and the games media at this point must think they are being trolled.

Guess we will see soon how many unlockable costumes the game has since its in the wild now.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Nyotengu is a day 1 DLC character and the last character they're working on. Would be logical if there's some last minute bugs to fix on her.

edit: I wasn't hoping for anything btw, just stating reasons for the day 1 patch.

I see thought there was anything particular glitchy about her I missed in the footage or something.

Also isn't she more day 1 "dlc" seems like a Tira situation where the character could have easily been in the base roster. Really not a fan of this trend where devs basically show you that the characters are just held back to be dlc.