• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Also isn't she more day 1 "dlc" seems like a Tira situation where the character could have easily been in the base roster. Really not a fan of this trend where devs basically show you that the characters are just held back to be dlc.

At first I too thought there was nothing wrong with Nyotengu, since she seemed to be available for everyone preordering the game or purchasing the game early, basically part of the starting roster. Now it seems like she's only available at a select few, big retailers like Gamestop.

I still haven't preordered the game yet, and I can't decide where, because each of the preorder options they created comes with a big negative. They really messed this up. By now I'm less excited for game release and more stressed out.

ShinMaruku

Oct 25, 2017
Shimbori's a fun a guy, but he's not who should have been doing their promo and interviews, unfortunately.
It's time to call KT's golden boy to the rescue
Screenshot_2.png

More seriously, as said above, I like Shimbori, but he's closer to Ono at this point. He needs to train for interviews.
None of them should be having interviews. They should have people like master or others handle that. They should also look at how the announce and handle media about the game. That pr team needs a massive overhaul. They have been terrible with press from day one.

DyByHands

Jul 16, 2018
I feel like the press stuff hasnt even been that bad. Just that people have been losing their minds over every little thing. For the most part, its been a rehash of the build up and launch of 5, only with 5 both the fans and news outlets were just like "ok," and moved on.
But its prolly just me as I dont care about all the costume controversies, lol.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Shorts for Diego? 😑

This is getting worse all the time.

Great news in my opinion, as you won't see the weird mark that's supposed to be a navel. It sits so unnaturally low that it will be obscured by the waistband. Better no navel visible than that messed up one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What a sad state of affairs this is.

They need to fix this shit.

I wonder if it is also my fault that it is messed up like this. Shortly after game reveal the male characters had no navel at all, not even that tiny, too low sitting mark. I was the only one who noticed and who complained directly to the developers, they seemed to have added what we have now in response. :(

ryu_highabusa

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
I wonder if it is also my fault that it is messed up like this. Shortly after game reveal the male characters had no navel at all, not even that tiny, too low sitting mark. I was the only one who noticed and who complained directly to the developers, they seemed to have added what we have now in response. :(
It almost seems like they purposely misinterpret all of our feedback.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It almost seems like they purposely misinterpret all of our feedback.

I honestly think the character artist working on the male bodies is just incompetent. First no navel at all (how can you even overlook that or think that's fine like that?) and then after complaints they add a mark of the wrong size, shape and location. How can they not know how a navel looks and where it is located on the body? It's especially easy to locate on a muscular male body. Just count the abdominal muscles until you have a six pack and then place an oval dot right in the middle, lol:

3j3qv5tt2btnc0wzg.jpg

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
None of them should be having interviews. They should have people like master or others handle that. They should also look at how the announce and handle media about the game. That pr team needs a massive overhaul. They have been terrible with press from day one.

I could be wrong, I don't think Manny has enough information on the dev side of things to answer a lot of the questions Shimbori gets. It would probably be best to have both available to answer questions, but at the media events I've been to, Shimbori, Manny and Tom Lee were all available for questions.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Will there be any censorship for the PS4 version with their new policies? Trying to decide which platform to play on.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Helena's outfits look great. I'm glad she has her old ones back cause i'm not a fan of the new look. Game is gorgeous but I wonder how long it will last for me in terms of competitive fighting. Hardcore DOA is hard to watch with all those holds and fake hype about how it was "mind games" or "reads" I'm gonna be really salty if there are no guaranteed setups.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, of course there would be a season pass and DLC costumes ready day one. XD
Cool that Mai is returning. I never got her in DOA5LR. Here's hoping the second character will not be a second, cute KOF waifu but a cool male character like Kyo or Terry.

1mPgoRX.gif

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Unless I missed something the Nyo outfit that looks like it should be IN THE DAMN DELUXE EDITION is some buy the season pass shit right? Fucking bullshit

Hilarious how their dlc strategy is even more aggressive with 6

Day 1 is: 2 dlc characters, 25 deluxe outfits, deluxe edition preorder outfit, xbox exclusive outfit

After that another 2 dlc characters and 62 outfits

And the game isn't even out yet

All after they did all that "we don't know what to do with dlc yet" talk not too long ago

Wonder how they will mess up Mai's face with needless changes

Last edited:

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
So they really ARE re-selling all DOA5's dlc characters...Like i said this game is the epitome of a scummy cash-grab

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting Nakoruru for the other DLC char. They're going to want to promote SamSho. Iroha might be possible if she's in the new Samsho (I hope not, but she's the fanservice Samsho char)