• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018
New demo will probably be USA only for Americas right? I had to go to my US account to download the last one.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I really didn't expect that they wouldn't add more intros and victory poses. Footage of the final build show however that they really left it at one per character. Is this the first time they were this stingey with intros and victory poses?

Also, does anybody still have hope Aerial Gardens is in this game? They clearly teased it in the reveal trailer and a tweet:

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I really didn't expect that they wouldn't add more intros and victory poses. Footage of the final build show however that they really left it at one per character. Is this the first time they were this stingey with intros and victory poses?

Also, does anybody still have hope Aerial Gardens is in this game? They clearly teased it in the reveal trailer and a tweet:

Zero hope. With their aggressive and immediate approach to dlc I hope they will otherwise also update the game pretty quickly with additional stages and hopefully also improve the presentation granted some things aren't already improved in the day 1 patch

pls fix Nyo TN :(

And you really shouldn't start with half a bar giving you access to a Break Hold at the start of the 1st round

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Zero hope. With their aggressive and immediate approach to dlc I hope they will otherwise also update the game pretty quickly with additional stages and hopefully also improve the presentation granted some things aren't already improved in the day 1 patch

pls fix Nyo TN :(

So did they knowingly deceive us with the Aerial Gardens teases or did they just scrap it during development?

Regarding Nyotengu, her face and eyes are full of life and charism compared to Zack's dead, blinkless stare when his glasses fall off. It's on full display at the East London Fighters stream right now and looks creepily bad. D:

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017

(Raises Hand)

ryu_highabusa

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
Z7Mxd7l.png

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Maybe we will get more levels for DLC? DOA5 had the beach one as DLC fairly early on.

DOA5 Ultimate also added new intro and victory poses so I could maybe see them adding some later on. They probably thought they could get away with one for each with how people never complain about them in 2D fighting games.

ryu_highabusa

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
Did I mention how much I hate Team Ninja's concept of "balance"? 😒

Bayman successfully gets a counter-hit juggle combo plus a multi-part throw only for Ayane to turn around and mash 6T and be in the lead.

Why do strikers have stronger throws than grapplers? Why do strikers have more throw options than grapplers? Why does Team Ninja hate their own grappler characters? Why even include them if they're just going to get neglected? Do they enjoy our suffering? Is it some kind of message?

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did I mention how much I hate Team Ninja's concept of "balance"? 😒

Bayman successfully gets a counter-hit juggle combo plus a multi-part throw only for Ayane to turn around and mash 6T and be in the lead.

Why do strikers have stronger throws than grapplers? Why do strikers have more throw options than grapplers? Why does Team Ninja hate their own grappler characters? Why even include them if they're just going to get neglected? Do they enjoy our suffering? Is it some kind of message?

Bayman countered on wakeup, assuming that Ayane would do a wakeup kick. The succeeding throw has hi-counter properties on the throw, increasing the damage on said throw by a large percentage. Hence "hi-counter."

Do you...not know how DoA works?

ryu_highabusa

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
Bayman countered on wakeup, assuming that Ayane would do a wakeup kick. The succeeding throw has hi-counter properties on the throw, increasing the damage on said throw by a large percentage. Hence "hi-counter."
Do you...not know how DoA works?
And Bayman got a counter-hit (125% damage) juggle + multipart throw. Do counter-hit juggles from grapplers do more damage than strikers'? Then why should counter or high-counter throws from strikers do so much damage? Why does Bayman's neck snap at the end only do 5 points of damage? I know how DOA works, and it's stupid, and that's what I'm trying to point out. Look at the actual numbers.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And Bayman got a counter-hit (125% damage) juggle + multipart throw. Do counter-hit juggles from grapplers do more damage than strikers'? Then why should counter or high-counter throws from strikers do so much damage? Why does Bayman's neck snap at the end only do 5 points of damage? I know how DOA works, and it's stupid, and that's what I'm trying to point out. Look at the actual numbers.

Probably because the throw wasn't part of the combo. Not part of the string that received counter-hit properties. A ground throw isn't going to do as much damage as a regular throw. It also is more damage Bayman can get on the ground than any striker can get.

Last edited:

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017

In addition to what Skillzilla said, you also have to factor in Bayman's combo didn't use the floor at all. I don't know Bayman's current strings, but he used to be able to knock someone into the floor for extra damage.

While I agree that balance is suspect in DOA at the moment, this isn't an issue of something being unbalanced. This was Bayman not doing the optimal combo for that stage, then blindly countering instead of reacting to, or trying to evade a potential wake-up kick... and then getting punished for that reckless play.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
tenor.gif

My face 99% of the time regarding anything DOA6.

DOA6 is rapidly going from "disappointing sequel" to "shit show" with every new announcement.
What on earth are they doing? Was the stage cut during development? Did they bite off more than they could chew with the engine change?

The idea of Kula possibly being a guest is awesome (she's my main in KOF) but I know they'll give her ridiculous outfits and charge outrageous prices for everything :(
Maybe they'll cut the prices for DOA5 DLC when 6 releases? Yeah right...

DyByHands

Jul 16, 2018
DOA6 is rapidly going from "disappointing sequel" to "shit show" with every new announcement.
What on earth are they doing? Was the stage cut during development? Did they bite off more than they could chew with the engine change?

The idea of Kula possibly being a guest is awesome (she's my main in KOF) but I know they'll give her ridiculous outfits and charge outrageous prices for everything :(
Maybe they'll cut the prices for DOA5 DLC when 6 releases? Yeah right...

Tbf, the crazy dlc costumes didnt make it to mai in doa5, I doubt they will this time. I believe that is up to the guests owners like snk. In 5 the guests did get dlc but not like the doa girls did.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I just hope Helena is good in 6. She's always been a very gimmicky character and in 5 she wasn't great. Not sure if she was buffed in Last Round as I didnt play it. I got to A Rank with her in 5 and then can only win 50% of my matches with her and gave up.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
I mean Kula is cool and all, but I was kinda hoping for Choi, I think he could rock a floss string bikini like no other.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
5? I think the prices were good, the costumes cost $1 or $2, other fighting games charge double that amount, and the characters cost $4, $6 or $8, depends on the character.
But if you want to buy everything then that'll cost a fortune.
$3 per costume where I live :/ The collected packs of costumes are crazy too. The price is probably fine if you just want 1 or 2 costumes for your main, but for somebody like me that likes to collect everything and try out everybody (like the old games) it's just meh.
SFV is worse, true, but that's one of several reasons why I never bought it.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
Yeah, season pass prices were crazy, like $93 I think, I got 3 as a gift from Koei Tecmo and bought one for 50% off, hopefully in 6 they add something like characters pass if someone just wants the characters.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, hats off to Master for always answering (also sometimes critical) fan questions. At least so far he always replied to mine.
I enquired about Aerial Gardens and what that tease in the reveal trailer and tweet was about. His answer:

When people wanted to know more:

Hmm... Make of that what you will.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
I still think the three open spots at the bottom of the select screen are suspect. It could just be open slots for DLC, but I wouldn't put it past Team Ninja to hide three unlockable characters in the game.

I just find it odd that they'd leave open slots like that until some time after June with the third character arrives. I know it's happened before (most recently with SC6), but it's certainly not the norm.

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
Any chance of an Australian physical release of the deluxe version? They only have preorders available for the regular version atm.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Any chance of an Australian physical release of the deluxe version? They only have preorders available for the regular version atm.

If there are no physical deluxe editions in the rest of the world I doubt they'll make an exception just for Australia. ;)

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
Ahh ok cool, so online version is the best way to guarantee all content at launch?

Will switch my store pre-order to DMC5 and just buy DOA digitally.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
So is the HDR implementation only going to be on the Xbox platforms? Or did I miss an update that said otherwise?

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody should be surprised. PC very rarely gets fighting game demos/betas. The last one I remember was Street Fighter V.

Nuri

Jan 4, 2018
Any chance this game will hit 60fps consistently? I cancelled my pre-order but I'll try the demo.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Any chance this game will hit 60fps consistently? I cancelled my pre-order but I'll try the demo.

Pretty much all fighting games hit a steady 60 fps. There's no reason to think DOA won't, aside from cinematics and the like. The Pro/X enhancements seem limited, but there's no reason the base versions will be lower than 60 fps.