• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Azuardo

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone got any proof Phase 4 is not a day 1 dlc character? I was led to believe she was a digital deluxe preorder bonus, but that she would be released after launched. Now I cannot find any info that she is available later, and it just reads like she will be playable day 1. I have seen people claiming DOA6 has two day 1 dlc characters, and now I cannot disprove that due to lack of clarity.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Anyone got any proof Phase 4 is not a day 1 dlc character? I was led to believe she was a digital deluxe preorder bonus, but that she would be released after launched. Now I cannot find any info that she is available later, and it just reads like she will be playable day 1. I have seen people claiming DOA6 has two day 1 dlc characters, and now I cannot disprove that due to lack of clarity.
It's pretty easy to disprove!

unknown.png
The store page on PSN clearly states that Nyotengu is the pre-order character, and is also available for the base version if you pre-ordered.

PHase 4 is tied to the digital deluxe edition but you still get her if you don't pre-order.

Azuardo

Oct 25, 2017
lucebuce Sorry, how does that prove Phase 4 is not available launch day alongside the game? That, to me, reads like you will get her day 1 if you buy the digital deluxe edition. Apologies if I'm being dumb.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
lucebuce Sorry, how does that prove Phase 4 is not available launch day alongside the game? That, to me, reads like you will get her day 1 if you buy the digital deluxe edition. Apologies if I'm being dumb.
My bad, It doesn't clarify whether or not she's day one. I don't think she is because they haven't stated anything towards that.

I was just clarifying that she's not tied to any pre-order scheme. That's only Nyotengu.

Azuardo

Oct 25, 2017
My bad, It doesn't clarify whether or not she's day one. I don't think she is because they haven't stated anything towards that.

I was just clarifying that she's not tied to any pre-order scheme. That's only Nyotengu.
I got ya. Yeah, it's not been 100% clear. We were sort of led to believe Phase would arrive a bit later, just that you would get her for sure if you bought the digital deluxe edition.

I should try tweeting KT Europe or something... They might hopefully get a solid answer from Shimbori.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Great trailer but I think its time to panic when it comes to the number of stages

Also looks like amount of costumes will indeed be disappointing

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Looking more at the details in the modes video:
- tutorial is the basic stuff they've shown for DOA6, but there's still the in-depth lesson mode from DOA5
- there's still combo/command training, and the same single player modes as in DOA5
- music section is a lot more detailed in terms of options
- there's an encyclopedia
- "Note: Ranked matches include the official rule of implementing 4-way holds option"
- DOA Quest is indeed the way of getting zack bucks (renamed as "points"?) with different objectives for more rewards. Unclear if there's timed challenges or new updates, or if it's limited to the 96 quests at launch.

edit:
oh and there is a form to give feedback on the beta (JP only link for now) - available until January 19

Last edited:

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
So I think both Nyotengu and Phase 4 are confirmed to be in the story mode from that Famitsu article
Dwn9v-7UwAArJko.jpg

5c386682d2390.jpg

edit: lots of pics from the taiwanese interview.
Too many to link, but people should be happy with it (link from freestepdodge, thanks delSai ): male characters half naked for Hours Left , deluxe costumes, cutscenes, etc.

Oct 25, 2017
PS only for the beta?
Great trailer but I think its time to panic when it comes to the number of stages

Also looks like amount of costumes will indeed be disappointing
every time you post in this thread is complain about some aspect to this game not being up to your standard it's completely exhausting to read it every day

Jadeinchains

Apr 30, 2018
They've been revealing multiple new hairstyle and outfit options each day for 2 weeks now, Just revealed a new trailer showing even more outfits and since that trailer mere hours ago have already shown more outfits...how anyone could get from all that "the amount of outfits looks disappointing" is genuinely bewildering to me.

Aug 26, 2018
日本
https://gnn.gamer.com.tw/7/173857.html

My Chinese ability is nil, but kanji is kanji and a lot of them are shared with Japanese. It looks like it says there will be 15 stages but some of them haven't been revealed yet.

Also, surprising to see Eliot with no shirt straightaway. The bodies look pretty copypasta, though.
b79984e9c77952ca5b8b89cb7a13l9n5.JPG

Also, maybe the sparkles from the first trailer weren't fireflies...
ff8b10e431f76680839df8144e13l9f5.JPG

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
They've been revealing multiple new hairstyle and outfit options each day for 2 weeks now, Just revealed a new trailer showing even more outfits and since that trailer mere hours ago have already shown more outfits...how anyone could get from all that "the amount of outfits looks disappointing" is genuinely bewildering to me.

Honoka has 5 outfits and a bunch of recolors considering all of doa5s outfits they could use that is not a lot.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018
I feel like the box art is the most disappointing thing yet. It's the same promo picture of Kasumi they've used as temporary box art since day one. Just as boring as the one for Last Round.

To be fair, Dead or Alive has never really had good box art apart from the Japanese DoA1 releases, but still...

Azuardo

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the box art is the most disappointing thing yet. It's the same promo picture of Kasumi they've used as temporary box art since day one. Just as boring as the one for Last Round.

To be fair, Dead or Alive has never really had good box art apart from the Japanese DoA1 releases, but still...
I really hoped this would change (and I still hope it does). Still, I'm getting digital, so I won't mind, but it is pretty meh for a fighting game box art.

Aug 26, 2018
日本
Honoka has 5 outfits.. considering all of doa5s outfits they could use that is not a lot.
Eh. More than most FGs nowadays. And included in the game, no less. You have to think about how many costumes DOA5 vanilla had without DLC. I don't know why you'd expect much more than that. If you skip the color variations (also included in DOA6, so that's no big deal), it looks like Honoka only had 4 outfits without DLC.
latest
latest

DOA5LR_Honoka_C2.jpg

latest
latest

latest

Some variation on the steel book with Hayate and Hayabusa would've been a step up I think.
Dt1s7TiU4AAbRGy.jpg

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Eh. More than most FGs nowadays. And included in the game, no less. You have to think about how many costumes DOA5 vanilla had without DLC. I don't know why you'd expect much more than that. If you skip the color variations (also included in DOA6, so that's no big deal), it looks like Honoka only had 4 outfits without DLC.
latest
latest

DOA5LR_Honoka_C2.jpg

latest
latest

latest

But this isn't doa5 its doa6 they could pull a lot more costumes from 5. I simply expected more.

Roster, stages, costumes

Jan 11, 2018
I really hoped this would change (and I still hope it does). Still, I'm getting digital, so I won't mind, but it is pretty meh for a fighting game box art.

Yeah, but it's definitely confirmed as the Asian artwork.

Some variation on the steel book with Hayate and Hayabusa would've been a step up I think.

Agreed.

This series has shockingly bad box art in general. Usually bad CGI with PhotoShop effects on par with lens flare.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
But this isn't doa5 its doa6 they could pull a lot more costumes from 5. I simply expected more.

Roster, stages, costumes
Either you re-use everything from 5 and it's really noticeable in a bad way (plus you get the "nothing new" remarks), or you make a new game and you don't reuse stuff. It's rare you can get both, even more when it's a new engine like here.
Did you do the same remarks for SFV and Tekken 7 for example?

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Either you re-use everything from 5 and it's really noticeable in a bad way (plus you get the "nothing new" remarks), or you make a new game and you don't reuse stuff. It's rare you can get both, even more when it's a new engine like here.
Did you do the same remarks for SFV and Tekken 7 for example?

SF5 uses a completely different artstyle and Tekken is a bad example as Tekken has been on a downwards trend with its customization. I however said it several times in the lead up to SC6. They were clearly reusing assets and should have made good use to create a content packed game

I am not saying reuse everything but when they are obviously reusing stuff I simply expect more

Jan 11, 2018
I wish there were more characters to choose from. I'm terrible with all of them. Was nice to be able to try out Diego though. But 4 ninjas? Really? The main menu theme sounds like the charactet select theme in DoA2 which I like!

Jan 11, 2018
I just got my ass handed to me big time by a great Kasumi player. Hayate is okay, but... I feel so crippled with all of these characters.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
...Like, pull then from DOA5 as-is? Tyaren wouldn't like that one bit. lol

tumblr_n7d5geY9fS1smcbm7o1_500.gif

Nah, some DOA5 costumes are cool. They also did update some of them. Give them better textures, shaders and higher polygon count.

So, I was playing the beta and boy is that game graphically patchy. No aliasing of course, obviously no PS4 Pro patch yet, some really nice modelling and texturing...but some of the textures... Damn, this needs to be fixed:

31761990147_054594e859_o.png

46703348721_4beecb77dd_o.png

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Shiiiiiit. I didn't realize the beta would be out today! I was focused on RE2.

Hope I menage to download it quick and play tomorrow.

How big is the beta file?

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Hadn't fought Diego when I played at Evo, so that's something new. Have stuck with Kasumi, won more times than I've lost for now, but the matches have usually been close anyway.
Shiiiiiit. I didn't realize the beta would be out today! I was focused on RE2.

Hope I menage to download it quick and play tomorrow.

How big is the beta file?
7.78GB.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Please, Team Ninja, fix those darn navels!! XD

ia5fuj7kvqq0452zg.jpg

Last edited:

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
DOA characters don't have navels because they weren't born but produced. They're all androids, it's the storyline of Doa6.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Produced by someone who had no clue of anatomy. Or, and that is more plausible, TN's artists don't have a clue. :/

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I just encountered a glitch where I was controlling the other player's character, and my character was just standing still.
Good job, Tecmo

Azuardo

Oct 25, 2017
I just encountered a glitch where I was controlling the other player's character, and my character was just standing still.
Good job, Tecmo
This happened twice to me, one match after another lol. That's when I took a break and moved to the RE2 demo XD

Produced by someone who had no clue of anatomy. Or, and that is more plausible, TN's artists don't have a clue. :/
tbf, the navels were also bad in 5. Was something I'd noticed even before this current navelgate lol.

Even now in 6, the girls' navels are still washed out and ugly.

mFhdHAS.png

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Annoyed that Helena isn't in this build when she was in the very first publicly playable build at Evo. I've never clicked with Kasumi or Ayane or Hayabusa. Hoping I like Diego.

Jan 11, 2018
It seems they changed Diego's eye colour too, by the way? I'm pretty sure it used to be brown. They were green on the character select preview model.