• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nuri

Jan 4, 2018
A lot of crashes but so far so good on matches that don't crash or bug out and have me controlling my opponent.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I like the beta, debating on getting this game on xbox or ps4.
Going by every other multiplatform fighter where PlayStation is an option, it's safe to conclude that most players will be on PS4 and it'll also be the tourney standard (the days of DoA being ingrained as an Xbox-centric franchise are long gone, too). For reference, the PS4 version of DoA5:LR has been the go-to for lobbies on Era when we've had them.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Good games. Hopefully they do some quick patch work during the weekend. Had a lot of good games and awful games. The wall game destroys me. I think I fought DrDogg a while back ago against his Diego. Couple instances I panicked and on repeat of counters, killed myself. Need to get out of that habit big time.

Edit: That's the other downer is not having rematch/revenge match.

Last edited:

neonxaos

Oct 29, 2017
I've had a fair bit of jank with some disconnects and crashes, but when it works, this is quite simply my favorite fighting game. Ever.

Kuksune

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Sweden
SC6 is first to 3. Tekken 7 you can rematch up to... 5 I think? Been awhile, but I know it's more than one match.

I asked. He was unaware and said he'd look into it. Master has also brought this up to him.

It's... the... same...?
In 5 i sidestepped using down down or up up. In 6 it's up/down+special button.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
In 5 you can make it up/down + the special button (P+K+H), I was using that in 5 because when I was Hitomi and wanted to do the 33T sometimes it gave me SS, so it's the same for me in 6.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Good games. Hopefully they do some quick patch work during the weekend. Had a lot of good games and awful games. The wall game destroys me. I think I fought DrDogg a while back ago against his Diego. Couple instances I panicked and on repeat of counters, killed myself. Need to get out of that habit big time.

Edit: That's the other downer is not having rematch/revenge match.

I really don't like Diego, but none of my characters are in the game so... :(

In 5 i sidestepped using down down or up up. In 6 it's up/down+special button.

Yeah, I forgot. I always just used 2_8+HPK

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Going by every other multiplatform fighter where PlayStation is an option, it's safe to conclude that most players will be on PS4 and it'll also be the tourney standard (the days of DoA being ingrained as an Xbox-centric franchise are long gone, too). For reference, the PS4 version of DoA5:LR has been the go-to for lobbies on Era when we've had them.

Yeah, ill Probably just get this on PS4 honestly.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Am getting the X here.

I want to think it will have improvements over the PRO
Have they actually said anything about this supporting enhancements? I don't recall any fighters doing that outside of maybe Tekken 7, and that I'm not certain about either.
Guess I'll be playing by myself on PC? :(
After how the PC version of 5:LR turned out (less particle effects and no Soft Engine enhancements as a result of being based on the PS3/360 versions, no ability to buy outfits individually instead of whole packs), you may want to hold out on that one for a bit.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Have they actually said anything about this supporting enhancements? I don't recall any fighters doing that outside of maybe Tekken 7, and that I'm not certain about either.

After how the PC version of 5:LR turned out (less particle effects and no Soft Engine enhancements as a result of being based on the PS3/360 versions, no ability to buy outfits individually instead of whole packs), you may want to hold out on that one for a bit.

Oh yeah. Is under Xbox enhanced for the X.

ShinMaruku

Oct 25, 2017
Ok time for me to post my impressions here :

For a start the new systems are very interesting, fatal rush and breaks are a interesting wrinkle to add into the game, where it can make you change your approach and I find that a good change, the counter window is a bit off but I guess it's partially lack of familiarity and net delay, so time will tell how it goes. The art style is pretty good and from what I seen I am hoping code chronus is a real thing they are looking into. The new side step attack is interesting and I hope it's not the only attack we can get with step attacks. Another thing I would like to see some changes on is they ease up on people mashing the power break spam. Another great sign I see it the sever tech where maintenance can still go one while people are playing.

As to the netcode issues, as I had stated before unless the netcode is made in the west, it will never be a good fit for western netcode unless you are Finnish (Like Nico and are high tech) so keep that in mind. As with the last game we shall be holding weekly lobbies every weekend hosted by myself or somebody else, where everybody of every skill level is free to join and learn and discuss certain things as well as playing the occasional pro player.
We also have a reset doa discord with some other games but it's primarily a doa discord: https://discord.gg/KJ6Nh6
Here are a few matches I had decided to record:

Here is Ayane's rich ass wardrobe she has in DOA6:

I like how her outfits look and how detailed and rich they look. Now she looks like the princess she is.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Hasn't it been the PC version they've been using to show off the game these past months? They seem to have been making a point to prove that they are doing a proper PC version this time.

Bobcats

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok time for me to post my impressions here :

For a start the new systems are very interesting, fatal rush and breaks are a interesting wrinkle to add into the game, where it can make you change your approach and I find that a good change, the counter window is a bit off but I guess it's partially lack of familiarity and net delay, so time will tell how it goes. The art style is pretty good and from what I seen I am hoping code chronus is a real thing they are looking into. The new side step attack is interesting and I hope it's not the only attack we can get with step attacks. Another thing I would like to see some changes on is they ease up on people mashing the power break spam. Another great sign I see it the sever tech where maintenance can still go one while people are playing.

As to the netcode issues, as I had stated before unless the netcode is made in the west, it will never be a good fit for western netcode unless you are Finnish (Like Nico and are high tech) so keep that in mind. As with the last game we shall be holding weekly lobbies every weekend hosted by myself or somebody else, where everybody of every skill level is free to join and learn and discuss certain things as well as playing the occasional pro player.
We also have a reset doa discord with some other games but it's primarily a doa discord: https://discord.gg/KJ6Nh6
Here are a few matches I had decided to record:

Here is Ayane's rich ass wardrobe she has in DOA6:

I like how her outfits look and how detailed and rich they look. Now she looks like the princess she is.

I don't have PS+ anymore, so thank you very much for posting the costume video.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
According to Master, if you don't skip the intros, the game won't crash mid-match. He also said that they removed the close hit properties from the SS attack (reducing the damage), but it's still unsafe. Not sure I understand why, but it is what it is. SS is evasive on frame 2, so there may be instances in which you can meaty with a linear attack.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Hasn't it been the PC version they've been using to show off the game these past months? They seem to have been making a point to prove that they are doing a proper PC version this time.
That has been the case, actually. Going by that, it is reasonable that it should at least turn out better than the PC version of 5:LR.

Nuri

Jan 4, 2018
DrDogg I was watching PL's stream and I saw you pop up. It was a fun match then it crashed smh. As for my experiences It has been fun. I have been avoiding wifi at all cost and seem to be getting less crashes but they still come here and there. Haven't run into the glitch of controlling my opponent since choosing wired only matches but I doubt that is what causes it. Connections have been on par w/ 5 for me.

Last edited:

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Is it me or do the counters (any kind) do more damage than in 5? Feels like it.

Didn't we actually get numbers of the counter modifier not long after the game's reveal

This looks worse than a doa game should.

Doa5 already had this problem aside from its characters. After Itagaki and others left it seems that there is just no one at TN who really cares about aesthetics anymore.

Now that they moved to a new engine this sadly shows even more.

Jan 11, 2018
At least the character models from DoA5 and DoA6 look vastly superior to the earlier ones. But yeah, I wish the stages would be a bit more spectacular looking.

Deleted member 11943

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Weird human dolls that are the best graphics in the industry. I never thought about the original xbox games having characters that look polygonal and stand out from their environment.

Hayate has NBA 2k arms and skin. Not well done.

Kabuki Waq

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope doa4 gets the xbx treatment so I won't have to touch this tagless garbage. the more I play it the less I like it.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
http://www.siliconera.com/2019/01/1...rations-behind-new-characters-diego-and-nico/

Clothing damage looked bad in 5 and only looks good for stuff like Ayane losing her hood here. If the clothing damage is half assed why have it at all.

Don't really get why they changed NiCO's nationality

Regarding how the different versions on the game will differ in terms of presentation, Shimbori stated that there will be official announcements soon, including differences in specs and content.

Not gonna lie my first thought was. "So about that ps4 version and Sony's policy" probably just Pro, X resolutions etc. and for content how the Ryu costume is xbox exclusive

Also when we gonna know what he means by expressivity lol

Last edited:

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
I tried a match. Connection was supposedly great. Didn't look like it.

(this isn't a glitchy upload or anything, this is exactly how "well" it ran)

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
I'm impressed. It's the best doa yet. I played 5 or so matches and the netplay was solid. The new mechanics are great. It feels great to play, and the hits have a sticky impact to them.

The lobby music waiting for matches is great, almost like a sonic team type of sound.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
http://www.siliconera.com/2019/01/1...rations-behind-new-characters-diego-and-nico/

Clothing damage looked bad in 5 and only looks good for stuff like Ayane losing her hood here. If the clothing damage is half assed why have it at all.

Don't really get why they changed NiCO's nationality
Yeah NiCO is 100% chuuni. Nationality change is probably to not be linked to Bayman, or having another russian girl planned.
Interesting that she's targeting Honoka.

Lol at the usual people overreacting at his choice for separating it from DOAX though. It's not like there isn't any costumes showing a lot of skin in DOA6, or if clothing damage looked good before.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah NiCO is 100% chuuni. Nationality change is probably to not be linked to Bayman, or having another russian girl planned.
Interesting that she's targeting Honoka.

But how does that even happen.

Come up with Russian character -> specifically look for VA who can speak Russian -> suddenly realize you already have a Russian character -> make her Finnish

They probably want to drain Honoka of her energy and power so Cyborg Raidou can fight at full power or something

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Beta is very fun on 4-5 bars, trouble is getting to them. 80% opponents are on wifi, people really are dense.

Shame I couldn't access move lists on ps4 because it doesn't read pdfs so I was running blindly with Diego and half blindly with Hayate. If I knew Hayate had all these cool new combos I'd play differently, I haven't used him in ages.

Diego is very fun, relaxing even. Gonna play him in full version just hope I can change his hair style.

Big surprise: I thought you could only do s,s,s,(s) with meter, but no, it's free and crazy on already stunned opponent since they can't break it. I didn't understand what's happening at first, lol.

Tomorrow's last day of the beta right? Yes, it's a buggy mess, it's freezing, crashing, one time I fought without arena loaded, lol. Still even this beta sold me on the full game.

Hope they'll take their time and polish the online mode in the time left. Second beta in a month would be a smart move too.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I know quite a bit people saying they aren't really that happy with the fighting, but maybe because I'm not huge on fighting games that I am finding this one more enjoyable?