• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ryu_highabusa

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
Everyone managed to, I'm sure you can be more concise.
How do you do that? Why even bother with a "survey" if you're limited to a single Twitter post? Might as well just have stuck to Twitter where I could just actually attach screenshots and videos of my glitches instead of trying to describe them. I don't understand. Like, I even forgot a couple things and they came back to me overnight so I could add on.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They have thousands of surveys to read through, they will filter out the import things coming up again and again. Nobody needs a 5 page analysis of a Beat'em up demo. Nobody is stopping you from uploading it for everyone to see and send it to their email adress or twitter.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
How do you do that? Why even bother with a "survey" if you're limited to a single Twitter post? Might as well just have stuck to Twitter where I could just actually attach screenshots and videos of my glitches instead of trying to describe them. I don't understand. Like, I even forgot a couple things and they came back to me overnight so I could add on.
The game is releasing in a month and a half, not ten.
They don't care about glitches they will find themselves, they want basic feedback to compile with other surveys, and know what to focus on, and what people want in the future.
The question is not "what do you want in DOA7 and how would you design the combat system, the stages, etc".

ryu_highabusa

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
The game is releasing in a month and a half, not ten.
They don't care about glitches they will find themselves, they want basic feedback to compile with other surveys, and know what to focus on, and what people want in the future.
The question is not "what do you want in DOA7 and how would you design the combat system, the stages, etc".
🙄 🙄 I know that, idiot.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Please include more sexy costumes for the male characters. It would also be nice to see jiggle physics for their pecs, butts, and crotches. Men aren't made of plastic. Also the male character models need navels.

My feedback. Simple and to the point.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017

Sucks to have confirmation of no Momiji like this before they really showed the full cast even if Raidou got leaked and just sucks in general. The roster just feels lacking now and making characters added in a updated release for 5 dlc for 6 especially when Rachel and Momiji were well received in 5 is just ugh...

Calling bullshit on the clothing break. SC can have armor exploding leaving them in underwear and Senran Kagura even if it had a mode removed is still sold normally and has far more exsessive clothing destruction than DoA6 would ever have even if they ramped it up and when it comes to armor break its honestly less about fanservicy armor break and more that it doesn't look good overall.

Kasumi looks like some scratch off image or what they are called where you can scratch off her armor.
World-Scratch1_large.gif

It doesn't look like something broke off, got destroyed or torn off.

Azuardo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the clothing destruction looks ridiculous (even if it is an improvement on 5 in some respects). I'd welcome some sort of setting to adjust its level, because I'd rather be able to choose to have none at all or something more revealing than what's in now.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I've already said plenty about Momiji, but in regards to crossplay, that sure won't be happening between PS4 and XB1 seeing as Sony have final say on that and don't allow it for much bigger games (the most that could be hoped for would be crossplay with PC).

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
No one familiar with how DoA5 went (where they tried the same thing) expected it to last.
This.
People that thought there'd be no fanservice or some backtracking due to twitter backlash usually got in the series after 5 launched (or with DOAX3). It was basically the same thing prior to DOA5, but people like to push a narrative.

edit to clarify: there is no backtracking. Just trying to change the communication around the game, but it's not like those features and costumes were never planned.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Sucks to have confirmation of no Momiji like this before they really showed the full cast even if Raidou got leaked and just sucks in general. The roster just feels lacking now and making characters added in a updated release for 5 dlc for 6 especially when Rachel and Momiji were well received in 5 is just ugh...

Calling bullshit on the clothing break. SC can have armor exploding leaving them in underwear and Senran Kagura even if it had a mode removed is still sold normally and has far more exsessive clothing destruction than DoA6 would ever have even if they ramped it up and when it comes to armor break its honestly less about fanservicy armor break and more that it doesn't look good overall.

Kasumi looks like some scratch off image or what they are called where you can scratch off her armor.
World-Scratch1_large.gif

It doesn't look like something broke off, got destroyed or torn off.

I never really thought Momiji would be included. The launch roster is pretty much what I expected. I don't think it's surprising at all that Momiji will be DLC. At least you have confirmation of that, which is more than Gen Fu, Ein and Leon players have.

I do still wonder about the three open slots in Kayane's removed image. Those don't really look like DLC slots, especially if they're waiting on sales before confirming DLC plans. That, coupled with the datamined VF characters does give me a sliver of hope the VF characters are unlockables. Shimbori said no guests at launch, and I don't really care about those three particular VF characters, but it would be a nice surprise, however unlikely.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
https://twinfinite.net/2019/01/new-dead-or-alive-6-screenshots-video/
Some first ingame shots of costumes and

Nyo vs Phase4
Kasumi vs Christie
Rig vs Tina on Unforgettable
Kokoro vs NiCO on Miyabi
Ryu vs Brad Wong on P4 trailer stage
Marie Rose vs Eliot

Nyo's wings look so unbelievably stiff. They weren't exactly great in 5 but this looks worse and her intro isn't great either and she still isn't allowed to show any real expression. All around she feels really unfinished

Edit: another video

Quest Mode and matches. Lisa gameplay in here as well.

The Sweat stage from 5 confirmed. No surprise as it was in a trailer but still

Not yet seen returning costume for Helena

Bayman vs Christie
Jann lee vs Lisa
Helena vs Hayate
Brad Wong vs Christie
Hitomi vs NiCO
Kokoro vs Rig

Last edited:

Azuardo

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for sharing.

That car stage lol. Still unimpressed by the stages on offer so far... Hopefully still a few surprises in there.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for sharing.

That car stage lol. Still unimpressed by the stages on offer so far... Hopefully still a few surprises in there.

The car stage on top of the plastic look of the characters makes the game look really bad. Stage looks like trash. Who thought making a stage that is mostly bright white concrete was a good idea

Also in the first video I linked the Kasumi match on the dinosaur stage. Is it just me or does the game still not have proper wet clothes. I guess it shouldn't be a surprise as there is only 1 stage with water on it...

Liferebooted

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
I've bought every DOA in the past on day 1 ... including importing Xtreme VB3 with 3d mouse pad.... however I think I'm gonna wait on this one. MP is always dead within a week in the DOA fighter so since its mostly a SP game I'lk wait a month or to and grab it for $20, the past few games dropped so fast this one will probably too. I actually really enjoyed the new combat in the short beta test

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
The car stage on top of the plastic look of the characters makes the game look really bad. Stage looks like trash. Who thought making a stage that is mostly bright white concrete was a good idea

Also in the first video I linked the Kasumi match on the dinosaur stage. Is it just me or does the game still not have proper wet clothes. I guess it shouldn't be a surprise as there is only 1 stage with water on it...

That creek water in the dino stage looks really bad too, there's zero reflection mapping for characters or environment. Ever since Itagaki left it's like they lost all of the coder / art talent that made great looking environments with fantastic texture work, lighting set up, and wonderful use of colors. The series was always at the forefront in fighting game graphics, especially the environments.

Watching a bugged out DOA3 emulated to high def shows how much more visually appealing and impressive the environment designs and art were.

This new interview Gematsu did regarding tag mode seems to highlight even more issues. There must be something seriously wrong with their engine memory management if they had to remove Tag Mode for these underwhelming graphics. This game should be more than capable of keeping tag mode.

A lot of folks were wondering about Tag Mode. I didn't see one in the build I played earlier, which was final.
Shimbori: "I'm a huge fan of Tag Mode, and I'm sorry to say that it's not included in this game. The reason behind this, however, is because we ran out of memory on the game itself. And that's due to the graphical improvements, which consumes a lot of the memory of the game data itself. If the graphics level was the same as the previous game, then we would have added it into the game."​
http:///bCdd.png

Dunno why they even wanted to use Dynasty Warrior engine for the physically based rendering. That engine's PBR material shaders are subpar at best.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I do have to agree. The more I see of the game, the more I am disappointed by the game's lacking visual presentation. The character models have nice modelling and are animated well...and that's all the positives I can really say. Everything taken into account that makes up the visual presentation of a game this turned out to look overall worse than Tekken 7 and SoulCalibur 6, and that's a real shame since DOA always was the by far best looking fighter around. The visuals were always one of the series biggest selling points.
What's most disappointing is the rushed work or lack of care one can clearly notice that was not that apparent in any other DOA before. Stages are simpler and blander than ever, the lack of male anatomy knowledge dropped to a new low, the textures on many of the models are frankly atrocious: They are blurred, pixelated, warped, edges unblended. It's a tired, hyperbolic statement I don't ever use, but some of the textures are in fact PS2 quality:

46756463701_e2ccc5ed96_o.png

Last but not least the game's lighting feels off. It's too bright, it has an unappealing yellowish hue, skin, hair and materials are too shiny, white textures glow like they are nuclear etc.

Last edited:

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Obviously an exaggeration, but the stage lighting is giving me KOF XIV levels of 'why did they do this' for the plastic sheen.
The built in tutorial modes do sound useful and fun.

MattXIII

Oct 28, 2017
I've bought every DOA in the past on day 1 ... including importing Xtreme VB3 with 3d mouse pad.... however I think I'm gonna wait on this one. MP is always dead within a week in the DOA fighter so since its mostly a SP game I'lk wait a month or to and grab it for $20, the past few games dropped so fast this one will probably too. I actually really enjoyed the new combat in the short beta test

I do have to agree. The more I see of the game, the more I am disappointed by the game's lacking visual presentation. The character models have nice modelling and are animated well...and that's all the positives I can really say. Everything taken into account that makes up the visual presentation of a game this turned out to look overall worse than Tekken 7 and SoulCalibur 6, and that's a real shame since DOA always was the by far best looking fighter around. The visuals were always one of the series biggest selling points.
What's most disappointing is the rushed work or lack of care one can clearly notice that was not that apparent in any other DOA before. Stages are simpler and blander than ever, the lack of male anatomy knowledge dropped to a new low, the textures on many of the models are frankly atrocious: They are blurred, pixelated, warped, edges unblended. It's a tired, hyperbolic statement I don't ever use, but some of the textures are in fact PS2 quality:

Last but not least the game's lighting feels off. It's too bright, it has an unappealing yellowish hue, skin, hair and materials are too shiny, white textures glow like they are nuclear etc.

Bought every DOA day 1, and TN is one of my fave developers but this entry is starting to look rather dire.

Was really, really (really) hyped when the game got announced but the more I've seen the more hesitant I've become.
Hopefully they polish things up with a 'Ultimate/Last Round' type release down the road, but at this stage I'm not holding my breath as there seems to be either big budget, talent or tech limitations at work behind the scenes. Or simply perhaps Team Ninja's A team has been moved on to other projects like Nioh 2?

Apologies for the negativity

Edit:

Is this supposed to be snow?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Raidou gameplay and returning stage Crimson gameplay:

Better watch quickly before they take it down. ;) And one big, fat spoiler:
Raidou has no navel either.

Azuardo

Oct 25, 2017
Won't check the spoiler, but thanks for doing that. I want to avoid the story stuff as much as poss :)