• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
When the director is making a Ryona video on the big stage

Nyo's face still messed up :/

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I guess Yuri or Athena have chance of being KOF guest characters. I wouldn't mind either of them tbh.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018

Ceramics

Dec 28, 2017
They are gonna sell soooooooo many copies to the 4chan "feminism is ruining society!" idiots after that lmao

Aug 26, 2018
日本
The two women were literally slapping each others asses and shit to compare it to the game. And it got pretty damn bad with the photo mode. Like pausing it when Bass power bomb Nyo into the ground with his face ending up in her crotch. I mean...that's the program TN wanted to put on, but I kind of get why Evo pulled it after a while.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I just saw Wiz's post pop up on my twitter feed, ran back here to see what the fuck happened and wasn't disappointed. Guessing DOA6 japanese promotional streams aint safe for Twitch

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Compared to his latest quote:
To be honest, we did a bit too much with some costumes in the past. And this no longer corresponds to the time in which we live. What you saw today is the farthest we'll go in terms of sexualization. And it's still very sexy!
Not to mention the spread eagle camera shot they did. I'm honestly sick of his bullshit. He's trying to have it both ways and it's annoying. Did he think having Japan in the title of the event would shield him? Did he not realize EVO is run in the West and streamed there? Did he think that a lack of subtitles would leave the West clueless as to what is going on? He also just killed his shot at esports for this game.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Thankfully they disavowed their brandy from supremely corny japanese gravure models. Evo redeemed.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Compared to his latest quote:

Not to mention the spread eagle camera shot they did. I'm honestly sick of his bullshit. He's trying to have it both ways and it's annoying. He also just killed his shot at esports for this game.

Yeah, like just fucking call it what it is lmao. You're not fooling anybody.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
This stream came in with a plan to make a specific message. I guess that means they're nakedly embracing cheesecake again?

Jan 11, 2018

Good on EVO for taking a stance and sticking with it.

Serves Team Ninja right for trying to have the cake and eat it too.

This stream came in with a plan to make a specific message. I guess that means they're nakedly embracing cheesecake again?

I really wanted them to stick with the more serious approach they took during the initial reveal, I guess mainly because I miss Virtua Fighter and it's not coming back (and this would be the closest thing to it),

But since they're going all in with bouncing tits and bikinis all of a sudden, I'll be very vocal about how I want the male characters to get speedos, bulges and rounder butts.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Good on EVO for taking a stance and sticking with it

Yeah I kinda get why he cut the stream as it probably just went too out of control. The gravure models were having a bit too much fun and Shimbori going wild in the photo mode was just too much

, I guess mainly because I miss Virtua Fighter and it's not coming back

I dunno. Mai is coming back so who knows. I could see them come in a next gen re-release. For just dlc it would probably be just limited to Akira and Sarah. Really wanted them to come back as well. Vanessa and Kage could have been really cool additions to the others

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I knew I was remembering right, shortly after game reveal they did reference Aerial Gardians:

Either it is in and is maybe unlocked during story mode, or they scrapped the stage during development, which would really suck. :(

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
So, after all that excitement, it's cool that Mai made it back, she looked alarmingly better in DOA5 than in KOFXIV. There was some other Dynasty Warrior character that looked nice but I fell out of the DLC vortex long ago.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, like just fucking call it what it is lmao. You're not fooling anybody.
It's not that fucking difficult to say here's all the bouncy T&A and penis bulge DLC you can eat, but here's also a switch to turn it off if you're planning to stream on a PG-13 e-sports platform. It's like large chunks of KT are run by morons.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
So, is there any detail on the F2P version? I know they said they were doing it, but do we know if it's coming out on the same launch day, and pricing for individual characters, etc?

Jan 11, 2018
It's not that fucking difficult to say here's all the bouncy T&A and penis bulge DLC you can eat, but here's also a switch to turn it off if you're planning to stream on a PG-13 e-sports platform. It's like large chunks of KT are run by morons.

T&A jiggle for female characters will probably never be downgraded to just DLC, and we'll never get bulges or butt jiggle for the male characters. The very same idiots who claim "what's wrong with sexy characters" referring to blatantly objectified women are often also uncomfortable with sexualised male characters. They use anecdotal evidence like "my girlfriend doesn't see the issue with the female characters in this game and she thinks the guys being shirtless is good enough / equal" - although the idea that these people actually have girlfriends make it seem like they're just straight up lying.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Just made a thread, the announcements are pretty big.

Regarding the stream stuff, that's pretty funny, and I guess miscommunication happened somewhere. It was pretty tame for your typical japanese stream standards (even tamer than a Famitsu stream), so I'm not sure what they expected at EVO Japan.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Core Values is now a huge meme on Evo Japans chat. No one is talking about KoF.
That's hilarious.
Also funny to see that apology when the official EVO Japan twitter account shared that to promote the stream:
https://twitter.com/EVOJapanNews/status/1096280926965780480

Wonder where the communication mix up happened, but it seems it's coming back around Mr Wiz' "core values".
So not much has changed!
lmao

Jhn

Oct 28, 2017
Just as I was hoping we were entering an era in which is was not embarrassing to like DOA.

Their mixed messaging is hilarious though, they act like Japan is behind some iron curtain behind which we have no idea what's going on.

ShinMaruku

Oct 25, 2017
I could be wrong, I don't think Manny has enough information on the dev side of things to answer a lot of the questions Shimbori gets. It would probably be best to have both available to answer questions, but at the media events I've been to, Shimbori, Manny and Tom Lee were all available for questions.
That needs to change. Their marketing team and or team have been doing this stuff for years now..
Just as I was hoping we were entering an era in which is was not embarrassing to like DOA.

Their mixed messaging is hilarious though, they act like Japan is behind some iron curtain behind which we have no idea what's going on.
Welcome to team ninja communication.