• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SaberX85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope KT will ramp up the sexiness up to 11 and target their fanbase like MK with violence rather than this kind of mixed signals.

Kuksune

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Sweden
Dead or Alive 6 |OT| Core Values
Perfect.
760618965-butlers-muppets-dose-swedish-chef-11506059.jpg

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's a disgrace really, all the issues of this game combined. DOA was my favorite video game series. I adored it so much that I bought consoles just for it. The original Xbox for DOA3, the Xbox360 for DOA4, the PS4 for Last Round. I would've even bought the XBox One X just to be able to experience DOA6 the best way possible on consoles, but DOA6 isn't worth it. I'm not excited at all anymore. Today I finally preordered the bare minimum version at the retailer of my choice, so I don't need to walk 200 meters more to Gamestop on release day. Nyotengu, whose face and animations they ruined, and the ugly deluxe costumes, which they cut out of a game where male characters have barely any costumes at all, they can keep.

Last edited:

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
Can't say i'm not enjoying this shitstorm, I was already salty and not going to support the game when they cut Leon again but didn't expect this amount of stupidity from TN to sabotage the game as badly as they have to point where even if they do bring him back i still won't buy the game and will simply stick with the F2P version and pay the 4 bucks for him on that at best.

Deleted member 15395

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know this is being discussed on the other thread but it's starting to become a bit of a dumpster fire, anyone knows if they were actually banned from Evo?

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Dze9Ow6WsAAFT56

Saw someone point this out on twitter

Seems like the 2nd character is likely to be a female character as well. 5 costumes. With all the male DoA characters only getting 2 costumes it seems unlikely that a male guest out of all characters would get a 5 costumes pack

Komarkaze

Oct 27, 2017
At this point, I'm considering buying DOA6 vanilla plus season pass 1. Not feeling Deluxe edition Nyotengu and Phase 4 as much as Mai and other female SNK character.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah people actually thinking TN isn't going to take the opportunity for the second KoF character being a female are adorable. has DOA5 not taught you guys anything? Wouldn't be surprised if a single dlc character isn't male from this company.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Look, since Namco can't be bothered to make Tekken x Street Fighter, is it too much to ask for someone to actually incorporate Chun-Li into a proper 3D fighting game? Who do I have to kick in the shins for her to appear in DOA6? Because my shin-kicking foot is primed and ready, I tell you.

DyByHands

Jul 16, 2018
Yeah people actually thinking TN isn't going to take the opportunity for the second KoF character being a female are adorable. has DOA5 not taught you guys anything? Wouldn't be surprised if a single dlc character isn't male from this company.

Yeah, dlc wont be a dude. If they do an expansion would be the only way. Just like with 5.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Look, since Namco can't be bothered to make Tekken x Street Fighter, is it too much to ask for someone to actually incorporate Chun-Li into a proper 3D fighting game? Who do I have to kick in the shins for her to appear in DOA6? Because my shin-kicking foot is primed and ready, I tell you.

If Tekken can have Akuma vs Geese

DoA needs Chun vs Mai

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
So much for "no guest characters this time"
To be fair, they probably meant in the base rooster, but the communication for this game is all over the place that I can't keep with everything and they change their statements so much, as evidenced by "we have no season pass plans yet lol"

I also feel the latest announcements was meant to be after the game launched in the original release date before delay

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if fighters should just stop trying to become a esports game. It killed FF disidia and it didn't helped SC6.

DOA currently is stuck in a limbo. Let's face it, if there hadn't been such a absurd amount of over priced DLC there wouldn't been a DOA6

SC6 did not try to become an esports game. They explicity stated this, they said if it happened it would be cause of the community and not a push for Namco. I think SC6 had some esports potential as the game is really solid at this point (yeah, Mina needs a hard nerf, but other than that game is fine, and they're still tuning balance)

Namco's penny pinching with the TWT has hurt Tekken in the West.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
SC6 did not try to become an esports game. They explicity stated this, they said if it happened it would be cause of the community and not a push for Namco. I think SC6 had some esports potential as the game is really solid at this point (yeah, Mina needs a hard nerf, but other than that game is fine, and they're still tuning balance)

Namco's penny pinching with the TWT has hurt Tekken in the West.

Yeah SC6 isn't without issues but its fun and in general players seem to enjoy it. Bamco is definitely the biggest question mark right now. Even if it gets support how much will it get when they have not been willing to support their actual big fighting game with a bigger price pool

That'd be pretty clever if true, Kula would work (even if not my preferred choice).
Did we get a date for these KOF dlc drops?

Mai in June

Deleted member 10551

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah SC6 isn't without issues but its fun and in general players seem to enjoy it. Bamco is definitely the biggest question mark right now. Even if it gets support how much will it get when they have not been willing to support their actual big fighting game with a bigger price pool

I'd rather see the money go into development. Esports only helps the top 1% of players, and I'll never be that. Competitive scenes are kept alive more by the pot monsters than top players- pot monsters aren't drawn into events by pot bonuses- they go because they like the game.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if fighters should just stop trying to become a esports game. It killed FF disidia and it didn't helped SC6.

DOA currently is stuck in a limbo. Let's face it, if there hadn't been such a absurd amount of over priced DLC there wouldn't been a DOA6

Wait... what?

This is what all the fuss is about? Looks pretty tame.

Especially for Japan. If Wizard hadn't pulled the stream and made that tweet, I don't think anyone would've really cared outside of Twitch chat.

I know this is being discussed on the other thread but it's starting to become a bit of a dumpster fire, anyone knows if they were actually banned from Evo?

I doubt they're banned from Evo, but I can absolutely see Wizard using this as reasoning for not including DOA6 at Evo Worlds.

To be clear, I'm not saying this incident will cause DOA6 to miss an opportunity at being a main game at Evo. I'm saying that Wizard will use this as a reason instead of having to make up some reason why they didn't include DOA6.

Roster, netcode and matchmaking issues aside, SC6 was great until the first patch. Since then it's been pretty bad. The second patch only made things worse to the point where I won't be playing the game any more after a local tournament tomorrow. And this was a game I expected to play until at least Evo. Now I doubt I'll even go to Evo unless I really like MK11.

I'd rather see the money go into development. Esports only helps the top 1% of players, and I'll never be that. Competitive scenes are kept alive more by the pot monsters than top players- pot monsters aren't drawn into events by pot bonuses- they go because they like the game.

Esports helps to keep the game in the limelight. Remove that and no one would be talking about these games after a month or two. It's the sole reason SF5 is still relevant over three years after release. As an example, you don't see many people talking about Gears 4 or MGS5, both of which came out after SF5 and are bigger games from a mainstream sense.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Especially for Japan. If Wizard hadn't pulled the stream and made that tweet, I don't think anyone would've really cared outside of Twitch chat.

I think there would have still been a kotaku article and similar but with a bit different topic and just focused on DoA showing its still DoA in the most direct way as opposed to the DoA presentatiom being too lewd for Evo so the stream had to be cut.

Roster, netcode and matchmaking issues aside, SC6 was great until the first patch. Since then it's been pretty bad. The second patch only made things worse to the point where I won't be playing the game any more after a local tournament tomorrow. And this was a game I expected to play until at least Evo. Now I doubt I'll even go to Evo unless I really like MK11.

Understandable as you play Azwel who got hit with too many changes too quickly. I wanna believe right now that with the recent survey as well they will course correct some of the changes made in general especially the online shit. A patch with the next character and then just let people play the game for a bit

Last edited:

Deleted member 10551

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Esports helps to keep the game in the limelight. Remove that and no one would be talking about these games after a month or two. It's the sole reason SF5 is still relevant over three years after release. As an example, you don't see many people talking about Gears 4 or MGS5, both of which came out after SF5 and are bigger games from a mainstream sense.

Evo, CEO, Combo Breaker would still exist. Folks would talk about the games there. You don't need 100 "pros" in shirts filled with ads to keep your game relevant.

As for the SC6 patch, one thing that was mentioned on stream last night was that JP and US tierlists for SC6 are very different- JPN rates Mitsu a lot higher, and Groh and Talim a lot lower as one example. This explains some of the stuff in the patch we thought was questionable.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Understandable as you play Azwel who got hit with too many changes too quickly. I wanna believe right now that with the recent survey as well they will course correct some of the changes made in general especially the online shit. A patch with the next character and then just let people play the game for a bit

Azwel is definitely a sore spot for me, but balancing around online play, messing with attacks that have been in the game for decades... stuff like that also makes me want to put the game down. Just the fact that it had two major balance adjustments in three months is ridiculous.

Evo, CEO, Combo Breaker would still exist. Folks would talk about the games there. You don't need 100 "pros" in shirts filled with ads to keep your game relevant.

As for the SC6 patch, one thing that was mentioned on stream last night was that JP and US tierlists for SC6 are very different- JPN rates Mitsu a lot higher, and Groh and Talim a lot lower as one example. This explains some of the stuff in the patch we thought was questionable.

Other than Evo, I don't think any of these tournaments would be as big as they are without the Capcom Pro Tour. It's not about players in jerseys at all.

Japanese and US players generally think differently about tier lists. The problem is not only who the devs are listening to, but also the rapid frequency of major balance patches. They should've known better after the first patch killed SC5. Fix any game-breaking bugs, but let the game rock for a bit before making major changes, especially in regard to new characters.