• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
That's nice, good exposure, Master was talking to Maximilian few days ago too probably something like that, Max doesn't seem excited though.

ryu_highabusa

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
I think it's BS that already pro-players get a two week start over normal players when there's huge sums of money on the line.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
This better be the gateway to a gay beefcake explosion.

With Sonicfox this seems like a Monkey Paw situation that will lead to sexy Hayate but its sexy furry Hayate

That's nice, good exposure, Master was talking to Maximilian few days ago too probably something like that, Max doesn't seem excited though.

I think the chance of Max actually playing DoA very much died when MK got announced and all his interest went there. He will probably try it for a weekend but thats it. Julia and Negan come out a day before DoA6, MK beta at the end of March and then MK in April

I think it's BS that already pro-players get a two week start over normal players when there's huge sums of money on the line.

Don't have a problem with that really its just kinda silly to have him play the full game now when this very version wasn't deemed perfect and they decided to delay it to polish, improve, whatever

Its one thing to have a KT rep come over and have a in dev build but the full game that got delayed because it seemingly wasn't in a satisfactory state is pretty dumb

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018
He doesn't care for any fighting game at the moment, he'll play MK for 2 weeks, then drop the game. Even he admitted he's bummed out of fighting games. Which is ironic given how many there's on the market now.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017

Look, I'll be the first to say I can't stand SonicFox streams. I tried to watch him play Azwel when SC6 launched, thinking he'd have some good insight on the character and/or show off some solid gameplay. Not only was he disrespectful to the people he was playing against (so much so I turned off the stream after just a few minutes), but he didn't really have a strong grasp on the character (his fundamentals are amazing, but that doesn't help me learn a specific character).

All that said, he has a following. Getting him an early copy of DOA (before most people in the media) allows the game to get a lot of exposure. If I had the game right now, I'd be restricted by an embargo close to release and all KT would get is a review and some guides. SonicFox (and Max) give them a lot more exposure over a much longer period of time compared to the media. And, unfortunately, most non-pro influencers are terrible at fighting games and wouldn't make DOA look very good.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
Seems like we'll be getting a lot of DoA6 videos and streams soon, some people got review codes, EmperorCow who made many videos for DOA (a good friend of mine) got it too and will stream it today as well:

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
Double post but found this video in FSD (DoA community), Kokoro tried to hold the non-holdable attack from NiCO and attack after it, but she teleported

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Double post but found this video in FSD (DoA community), Kokoro tried to hold the non-holdable attack from NiCO and attack after it, but she teleported

*teleports behind you*

Atleast XCaliburbladez could have blocked after Nico attacked after the tp

Still seems like a pretty good move. If you block its a guard break, if you hold she teleports

Last edited:

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
That's really useful, and I think Ayane's 9K is safe.

Btw more exposure is good, I mean some pro players didn't even know Mai is in DOA5, may give advantage in the first few tournaments, but that's all.

Last edited:

ryu_highabusa

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
BitesizedWanEider-mobile.mp4

I'm broke so somebody else gift this mug to Shimbori and the devs

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Saw this comparison someone made

JvSJcxr.jpg

Its still so disappointing that TN just seems so completely oblivious to how shit the lighting in DoA6 is.

Banana Aeon

Oct 30, 2017
The lighting is bad, but it's better than the muddy mess of a lighting system that was 5.

Kinda wished they used the softer lights that X3 uses but oh well.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Saw this comparison someone made

JvSJcxr.jpg

DOA6 obviously is more technically advanced, but stylistically and just by what the naked eye sees on screen there's not much of an improvement. In some aspects I honestly prefer DOA5. Most of all the lighting and the way character bodies and clothing are lit and shaded. DOA6 is overexposed, fluorescent and lacking detail in brighter spots. Lisa's white pants and boots lost any shading detail, Jann Lee's upper body lost most muscle shading detail and its navel, lol. (To be fair, it would be obscured here by the high sitting waistband anyway.) Characters look again more like plastic dolls. In other stages there's this really unsightly yellow filter over everything, making characters' skin look yellowish an sickly and the blue sky very muted and dull.

Banana Aeon

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like a really good reshade preset, DoA6 is going to pop off people's screen. It really just needs less contrast.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't doubt that the lighting is botched due to a faulty HDR implementation. It has happened in several games this gen.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't doubt that the lighting is botched due to a faulty HDR implementation. It has happened in several games this gen.

The game has only HDR on Xbox One X, both PC and PS4 don't. That DOA6 screen was from one of the review codes sent out, we've only seen those for the PS4 so far.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
The game has only HDR on Xbox One X, both PC and PS4 don't. That DOA6 screen was from one of the review codes sent out, we've only seen those for the PS4 so far.
This doesn't change them potentially botching the color and gamma for this exact reason. We will see in time if they get it fixed.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So, realistically, this is going to get an updated version ala Ultimate and Last Round, right? Because if so there is no way I'm getting this at launch.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So, realistically, this is going to get an updated version ala Ultimate and Last Round, right? Because if so there is no way I'm getting this at launch.

It's imo very likely. I'm sure they will add more stages, characters, costumes, intro and victory poses and tag mode after a while. Don't know if it will be the first big update to the game or the second, but they surely will also update it for PS5 and Xbox2 next year.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
It is very likely especially with the new consoles on the way, but I do not think they will ditch the current version of the game. I figure the base game will get all future content. Like how the base version of Street Fighter V will always be compatible with it's major updates.

But if you want to support the game's growth, it's community, and Dead or Alive as a franchise I would say getting in as early as possible is the best thing you can do.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Officially confirmed now Christie's dominatrix outfit is in the game. Its shown in the newest famitsu issue. Doesn't tell us how many not yet shown unlockable outfits there might be but save to say that Tina will probably also have a fifth one at the least

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Officially confirmed now Christie's dominatrix outfit is in the game. Its shown in the newest famitsu issue. Doesn't tell us how many not yet shown unlockable outfits there might be but save to say that Tina will probably also have a fifth one at the least

Over in another forum someone made a guess it is Christie's deluxe costume, so not actually unlockable in the game. The color change does make it seem more like a (very sexy) wrestling outfit. They repurposed Lisa's DOA4 costume to her deluxe costume too it seems.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Over in another forum someone made a guess it is Christie's deluxe costume, so not actually unlockable in the game. The color change does make it seem more like a (very sexy) wrestling outfit. They repurposed Lisa's DOA4 costume to her deluxe costume too it seems.

Would be really disappointing as I much prefer the black version. Also why show it next to a bunch of unlockable costumes

We will know soon I guess since I expect a trailer showing all the deluxe costumes even if we are only missing Mila now I think if the outfit returning from DoA4 for Lisa is her deluxe one and this Christie one as well also they still have to show Phase 4's other outfits there is no way she actually only has 2 outfits which are basically the same outfit just with or without cloak

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Apr 30, 2018
I thought for a moment it was her deluxe outfit but after further thought it seems more likely that it's an unlockable outfit in game.

Jan 11, 2018
Meanwhile, still only two costumes for the male characters who most likely also still lack navels and bulges (both of which were present in the DoA5 models).

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
The Christie outfit is a normal costume with 3 colors.

Don't expect any secret unlockable costumes. Even with 0 costume parts the costume still shows up in DoACentral

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Have they put up the Digital Deluxe anywhere for PC yet? I want to go in on PC, but I also don't want the game to suffer from lack of updates/poor porting like LR did when it launched :/

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Have they put up the Digital Deluxe anywhere for PC yet? I want to go in on PC, but I also don't want the game to suffer from lack of updates/poor porting like LR did when it launched :/
Do you mean if there's a website has it on sale or preview?
GMG has it for $48.
That would be the standard edition, IIRC. DD edition isn't up on the official Steam and Web-Site pre-order section yet either.

Deleted member 48201

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 29, 2018

I'm thinking the same. I have every version of 5 including the Vita version but I think I will wait and get the F2P version first and then later on I might get the full version.

Have they given a release date for it yet or is it still soon after release ?

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to wait for the F2P version as well since that will let me play it online on PS4 without PS+.

DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
Has there been any word on the demo that is suppose to be out on the 22nd? Anyone know when it will be available to download?

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
So is the character customization literally just adding glasses or choosing a different costume? Atleast let us mix and match pieces from different costumes, change their colors, add different accessories etc. Does anyone have any more info on this? I don't really like watching videos with content spoilers.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
So is the character customization literally just adding glasses or choosing a different costume? Atleast let us mix and match pieces from different costumes, change their colors, add different accessories etc. Does anyone have any more info on this? I don't really like watching videos with content spoilers.

If they did that, it would be harder for them to sell costumes i bet. DOA5LR was probably so successful at it that it actually probably funded extra characters with those costumes.

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
I would wager it would sell more costumes actually because each of those costumes would add more value therefore encouraging people to pay for them. Just seems like a bum move to gimp your own game so you can milk your customers. If the character customization was like Soul Calibur it would attract more customers no doubt.

Banana Aeon

Oct 30, 2017
I would wager it would sell more costumes actually because each of those costumes would add more value therefore encouraging people to pay for them. Just seems like a bum move to gimp your own game so you can milk your customers. If the character customization was like Soul Calibur it would attract more customers no doubt.
The models would also be significantly worse too.

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
Good point but that's not a fault of the customer, they can make it look as good or bad as they want it to. I would rather have less costumes with more customization honestly. Are they at least going to allow pallet swaps for each costume? What sorts of accessories other than glasses can we use?

Nuri

Jan 4, 2018
Kwiggle is having a really good stream of DOA6 going through all the characters moves(I think he started yesterday) and checking out quest mode. Tina is OP lol. Worth re-watching if missed.