• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

In addition, DOA6's introduction to Story mode will be unlocked, along with DOA Central, the hub for everything from wardrobe and music to the library and theater as well online ranked battles, Versus, Arcade, Time Attack, Training, and Quest modes.

Today also marks the release of DEAD OR ALIVE 6's second online update, adding more high-level DOA Quests, a variety of new entrance and victory scenes, and the tuning of costume part earning parameters in order to help enhance the overall gaming experience.

Additionally, the first Season Pass content -- the Happy Wedding Vol. 1 pack – is now available, with plenty more on tap for the coming months including more costume packs and two new characters from KING OF FIGHTERS XIV.

dead-or-alive-6-core-fighters.jpg

dead-or-alive-6-happy-weddin-nico.jpeg

m001_00.jpg

Last edited:

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
It's actually a really good thing. For players who don't want to buy a version with all the characters and to improve the player base. It'll be nice to have more people checking it out.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
i think the concept of a free2play 'core edition' version of fighting games is a good idea....

all link to US psn store? I can't find it.

Last edited:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Huh, that's neat. Wonder how it's selling for them to release this so early.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Wow, that was fast! I like the idea of Core Fighters if it brings in more players. Release could be tied to Final Round tournament this weekend.

Leafhopper

Oct 25, 2017
Considering how much better DoA 5 U did for them rather than vanilla DoA 5, I get why they are doing it.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
I mean - it is understandable that if you bought the game at $60 you wanted all the fighters? So you pay $3-4.99 for a single character, $2-4 for whatever costumes you like and BAM the playerbase increases. I'm happy about this, hopefully a larger community continues to grow.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
This releasing only two weeks after the full version is not a good sign, imo

Does this version still have that quest mode thing in it? If so, is it limited in any way?

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
They want that steady drip of microtransactions as soon as possible. It took 3 versions of DOA5 to get where it ended up. The costumes shall begin to flow like the waters of the great Nile soon enough with the occasional character here or there.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
They really weren't lying in that interview. They said the core fighters release would depend on other factors, but I didn't know they literally already had it ready to go.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm I may download the free version on steam to check it out.

Doubt I'll buy it though. Game went instantly off my list when I saw a 93 dollar season one pass up for sale on Steam.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
People had to download characters individually at launch. They probably wanted it ready two weeks ago.
Nah. The system was probably already ready at launch, for the reasons you stated. From a business perspective, you don't offer a free version of a game if people are willing to pay $60 for it. They probably wanted to launch CF later, but poor sales caused them to move it up

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah. The system was probably already ready at launch, for the reasons you stated. From a business perspective, you don't offer a free version of a game if people are willing to pay $60 for it. They probably wanted to launch CF later, but poor sales caused them to move it up

K. /shrug

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are people freaking out? This was the plan all along.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A CF version was planned all along to be released later, I don't think anyone expected it to be released only 2 weeks after the full version

Why the hell not? If someone wasn't going to buy the $60 version releasing the free version so they can pay $4 for their favorite character and hop online is money that you otherwise literally wouldn't have. Building engagement with your product is the long term goal here.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
It's only surprising they did not do a statement for it before hand. They said it was coming but I at least expected a "coming next week" or something on twitter.

Cool though, I'll download it.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Because DoA5's CF took like a year after it came out (along side Ultimate), and prerelease interviews for DoA6 stated it was coming eventually and that concrete details were still being worked out, so a lot of people assumed that meant months and not that it would be shadowdropped 2 weeks after the full release
I've already read this interview, and I'm not sure what you're trying to say