• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018

DsRkuT2UwAELHCf.jpg

DsRlHwCXcAUL0w4.jpg:large

DsRisrPU4AA1XgF.jpg:orig

Shout outs to Love Live. And Raidou was also confirmed but not trailer or art so far.

Sorry for the misspelling there.

Last edited:

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Dead or Alive 6 - Kokoro, Lisa and Marie Rose in a wig reveal trailers.

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
I notice a detail of Lisa's clothing, on breast area, has like some sort of possibly Screen Space Reflection effect, that shows dark reflection of her left arm, which is nice.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Team Ninja has some terrible wording when they tease their new girl characters. I was under the wrong impression that Honoka would be chubby or even fat and that NiCO would be aesthetically way different than the main cast, like maybe goth or something.

I cannot believe how excellent Mila, Rig, Nyotengu and Marie were but how everything after has been just dreadful. Super disappointed. I wish they just brought in more Ninja Gaiden characters instead.

At least we finally get to see La Mariposa footage.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Team Ninja has some terrible wording when they tease their new girl characters. I was under the wrong impression that Honoka would be chubby or even fat and that NiCO would be aesthetically way different than the main cast, like maybe goth or something.

I cannot believe how excellent Mila, Rig, Nyotengu and Marie were but how everything after has been just dreadful. Super disappointed. I wish they just brought in more Ninja Gaiden characters instead.

At least we finally get to see La Mariposa footage.
They already had the goth angle covered with Marie (albeit they wound up scaling it back by focusing more on generic cuteness as time went on). Trying for yet another serious Mila type or attempting to get more money from the Marie/Honoka crowd seemed like the only two scenarios, and confirming a mousepad before even revealing her meant it was leaning far more toward the latter. I'd say they brought over everyone worth bringing over from Ninja Gaiden after accounting for Momiji and Rachel back in 5.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Said it in the other thread: NiCO's design is way too anime (Luna from DOAXVV, kid scientist, blue hair), but her moveset is an interesting mix.
Kokoro's redesign is good, and Lisa looks really great.
The new alt costumes are pretty good too!

Looking forward to the official video.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
They already had the goth angle covered with Marie (albeit they wound up scaling it back by focusing more on generic cuteness as time went on). Trying for yet another serious Mila type or attempting to get more money from the Marie/Honoka crowd seemed like the only two scenarios, and confirming a mousepad before even revealing her meant it was leaning far more toward the latter. I'd say they brought over everyone worth bringing over from Ninja Gaiden after accounting for Momiji and Rachel back in 5.
I do not really think focusing on the moe crowd is completely a terrible thing, they just went about it in a really bland and basic way.

As for Ninja Gaiden characters I really cannot agree. Elizabet in particular would have been super cool.

NG2_Art_Boss_GreaterFiend4_Elizabet_1b.jpg

Even with how much I dislike there being so many ninjas in this series I rather have Yaiba over NiCO or Diego. That almost hurts to say!

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I see lisa brought back her la mariposa alter ego? Tina be like "oh hey i thought you died in an explosion" lol.

Also, kokoro looking good

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

The breast physics look a lot better and more natural now than when we first saw them implemented.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Glad to see Lisa back but man the levels are still an eyesore. Why does DOA4 made in 2005 have better looking levels than this? I just.. why?

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Kokoro and Lisa are looking good.

Not sure what to think of this new girl just yet.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
I certainly wouldn't take Tekken as reference for great stages...
But yeah, they really need to improve their stages.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see Lisa back but man the levels are still an eyesore. Why does DOA4 made in 2005 have better looking levels than this? I just.. why?

This happened after DOA4 when Itagaki and a big part of the team left. I guess the best environments designers went with him. Since then the stages are just really bland and basic. DOA went from the unrivalled king of stages to the least impressive looking ones.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They really have a character called "La Mariposa" in Japanese? They couldn't be bothered to negative check the name of their characters?

Red Devil

Oct 29, 2017
Good thing they dialed back the outlandish breast physics since last trailer. That looked too weird to take it seriously even by the series' standard.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Dunno what to think of NiCo. Those phasing ghost moves look pretty cool.

More excited about Lisa being back.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Oct 27, 2017
Lisa's alter ego name has been that since DOA4

DOA has had school girl outfits for all the characters in pretty much every game

I'm not talking outfits, I'm talking about underaged looking girls. I'm seeing no improvement in the "sexualization" department here. This series is going from stupid fun pervert to creepy pervert. That's just my feeling.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Expected another dumb/cute school girl character, but Nico seems pretty cool?
Her english voice is also sounding older than I expected. Will be interesting whether the japanese does the same.
Like her fighting style as well.