• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Guess it's nice they show Wi-Fi vs LAN, but I'm not gonna discriminate unless the connection is poor. I understand why Wi-Fi is all you have in some cases.
You're a good soul. I was saying this in a chat earlier how it's harsh people so passionately discriminate wifi users when it's all they have in some parts. Thanks for giving us a chance :)
Yeah, same.
I had some excellent matches with wifi connections, and some bad ones with wired connections. The issue is when the connection is unstable (which happens more often on wifi), but that doesn't mean wifi is automatically bad.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Here are all the costumes for all the playable characters:

giphy.gif

I remember you from the DoA Xtreme community on GAF. Lol good to see ya.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
This might be the first time I've ever played the fighting game beta and actually won a match, I know I'm fighting scrubs but it reminds me I was pretty good at this game back in "the day" surprised there's no replay of online matches or training mode between matches tho. I won 3 matches with diego but my tendonitis is already flaring up

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
A shame Hitomi's not in the beta. Ah well. Random disconnects still however there have been some really solid matches with netcode function above average. Stopped at D- rank but I think I've had my fill. Unless they do some patchwork during the beta, I'll be back to DoA5 to brush up on characters.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This has been the worst beta experience I've ever had, but it definitely made me excited for the game.

It obviously needs that delay.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I basically echo the sentiments of everyone here: Game is good, net code is ass. Really hope they learn from this beta for the full game because if the latency stays this bad then I'm not sure I can justify $60.

100mega

Oct 27, 2017
The sweat in this game looks gross. Too far! Might test it out a few more times over the weekend. I used to love the DOA series back in the day.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Will pick it up since I won't be playing online with people and will have it at our events. Still, they really need to work on that online.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
It is not needed IMO. It doesn't feel right.

Ill wait for reviews, but my hype deflated with beta

How is SSSS all that different from PPPP? I'm really not understanding your issue here.

This has been the worst beta experience I've ever had, but it definitely made me excited for the game.

It obviously needs that delay.

A two week delay won't fix all that much. This build is a month old, and the decision to even have a beta was very last minute. I wouldn't equate this to the current build, and definitely not to what they'll be able to fix within the next two weeks (the game has to go gold about a month before release).

That said, many of the issues seem to stem from the netcode, which is hopefully worked on until the last minute and has likely changed quite a bit since this beta build was locked (a month ago).

ShinMaruku

Oct 25, 2017
Let this be a lesson. Always expect bad netcode. There is no pressure for them to address it properly.

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not only I'd the connection fucking poor all of the time but the fact you can't rematch people at all is awful.

Even when it tells me the connection is perfect it takes a full second for what I did to register.

Oct 25, 2017
I am STRUGGLING with this game right now. I loved DoA5 and admittedly I wasn't very good but I suck right now. It's frustrating.

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
This online is trash
Not only I'd the connection fucking poor all of the time but the fact you can't rematch people at all is awful.

Even when it tells me the connection is perfect it takes a full second for what I did to register.
Yo I fucking HATE this game
Yeah, 15 matches in and I'm already finding this game to be obnoxious as hell. I'm out.
Lol casualty of bad netcode.

Mar 21, 2018
The framerate tends to dip more than a fighting game like this should but honestly the combat is so smooth compared to other fighting games I have played recently. I tried to play tekken 7 right after and it feels so slow and mechanic compared to DoA. And I like how they handled the special because it can be countered unlike in Tekken. However, the game is coming out in a month so some of the technical issues definitely need to be fixed before I would even consider buying it.

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
It's INSANE that they thought a beta was a good idea in the state this is in.
Well for what it's worth they sold me on the game. The feeling of the game is more important to me than the netcode and since it's a fighting game, all that stuff is will be addressed in patches. The game will evolve so I'm not too worried on that front.

AIso I must have gotten lucky or something cuz I played like 15 games and about 90% felt fine to me in terms of connection. I got like one disco and another one with crippling lag. But whatever, that's fighting games for you. They're made in Japan where the net infrastructure isn't total garbage like it is in the US. I've come to expect it. Fighting games are just too fast and precise.

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
I had like one game out of ~10 feel pretty good. The rest felt slow and clunky, with huge delays on input. I've seen this get compared to SoulCalibur VI online... I've played a decent amount of SCVI online, including the beta, and it has never been this bad in my experience. I swear I'm seeing some teleporting too, would honestly rather see the game pause if it can't keep up.

Hopped into LR to see if maybe I'm just really terrible at DOA, but offline in this game I can mash out simple combos with very little effort. I dont know wtf I'm doing, but it's responsive at least.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
This online is trash

Yo I fucking HATE this game
Yeah, 15 matches in and I'm already finding this game to be obnoxious as hell. I'm out.
Then there's not really any incentive to buy the game
No point in being so mad you had to do so many posts one after another.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Can you unlock items in the BETA?

Do you think people who play the BETA will get something in the final game for playing the BETA?

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well for what it's worth they sold me on the game. The feeling of the game is more important to me than the netcode and since it's a fighting game, all that stuff is will be addressed in patches. The game will evolve so I'm not too worried on that front.

AIso I must have gotten lucky or something cuz I played like 15 games and about 90% felt fine to me in terms of connection. I got like one disco and another one with crippling lag. But whatever, that's fighting games for you. They're made in Japan where the net infrastructure isn't total garbage like it is in the US. I've come to expect it. Fighting games are just too fast and precise.

Nah, plenty of fighting games have great netcode. They don't get a pass. Especially when more people will be playing this in the west than Japan.

And I was more referring to the fact that I haven't been able to play more than three matches in a row without the game locking up. I just deleted the beta since it is literally unplayable for me between yaht and the netcode. As a first impression for the game, I can't see that going over well.

You can have faith in patches, I guess, but doa has had shit netcode for a long time. They don't get the benefit of the doubt from me. I'm pretty sure what we see is what we get.

Last edited:

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
Isn't the point of a beta to get feedback and work out the kinks? Why are people acting like this is the end all be all? I'm on LAN and I personally haven't had many issues at all.

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't the point of a beta to get feedback and work out the kinks? Why are people acting like this is the end all be all? I'm on LAN and I personally haven't had many issues at all.

Because the game comes out in a little more than a month. Because it only feels a little better than DoA5 even after they said they were focusing on netcode. Because the series has a history of shit netcode, so this being the first impression doesn't give much faith.

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
I just played a few more games and the connections felt fine. No lockups, no lag and I'm on wifi. I don't feel it any different from other fighting games tbh.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
So how do you only get the first hit of a Break Blow to allow you to follow up with your own stuff

Azuardo

Oct 25, 2017
Hope all the concerns/complaints people have are being put in the surveys instead of just deleting the beta and moving on.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Nvm got it you cancel the transition wirth H of course lol. Of course I didn't think about the most obvious thing.

This is really dumb

Full Fatal Rush combo with no meter just the combo

Full Fatal Rush with meter automatically ends in Break Blow but Break Blow is 6S

How do you do Fatal Rush with meter without a Break Blow? You end the Fatal Rush combo with 4S..

what is 4S normally? Break Hold..

And now to do a Break Blow but not transition into the cinematic portion? its 6S H

Why not have a Full Fatal Rush combo with meter still just be the regular combo and if you want to end it in a Break Blow you do 6S at the end

TomcatTheLion

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got some time to put into the beta this morning.

The online definitely feels better than what I remember from DOA5 but something seems a little off from the few matches I've put in so far. I'll need a bit more time with it to really figure it out.

I'm really enjoying it though I wish I could play as the entire cast. Perhaps the SCVI beta spoiled me.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Can you unlock items in the BETA?

Do you think people who play the BETA will get something in the final game for playing the BETA?
No for the first question.
For the second one, they could do it in the future (like they did with Nioh), but I doubt it at this point. They'd probably have announced it already otherwise.
Yeah, I understand the complaints (expected something smoother as well), but some people are really acting like this is a demo and will be the final product.
Because the game comes out in a little more than a month. Because it only feels a little better than DoA5 even after they said they were focusing on netcode. Because the series has a history of shit netcode, so this being the first impression doesn't give much faith.
To be fair, while the game releases in one month and a half, they've delayed a bit the game which will allow for a smoother launch. The beta build is also one month old.
I doubt the netcode will improve much, but they really seem interested in feedback about the game, and given how this gen has been for fighting games improvements (SFV, T7, etc), I doubt they'll never patch anything past their usual balance updates.
Hope all the concerns/complaints people have are being put in the surveys instead of just deleting the beta and moving on.
That'd be good. At least the surveys will be open for a week after the beta ends.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Ah, too bad it's online only. Would love to try out all the new stuff. My first 4 matches were all super laggy. Still like what's there and probably buy day 1.

The Menu Theme is awesome.

Edit: Survey done.

Last edited:

ShinMaruku

Oct 25, 2017
If enough feedback comes they might actually delay it again and work 9n some solutions as well. I hope for another delay so more offline play testing can give more data to them.

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Did the survey. Overall I was very happy with my time in the beta. I just want them to fix the technical issues like lockups and drops in the framerate.