• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 13550

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Games a lot of fun. Wasnt sure if i would like the new mechanics, but i really dont mind em. Diego is awesome too!

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Cannot tell if sarcasm or serious.

Hm? Why would it be sarcasm. Its freaking annoying how again a TN game doesn't have spotify on ps4.

DoA5 didn't have it and never got it patched in

Nioh didn't have it but thankfully got it via patch at some point

Why the hell doas DoA6 now not have it again..

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have to believe the netcode will be better.

DOA5 was okay for the most part on my Xbox.
Is hard to go back to this after playing games like MKX where the netcode is just so good.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Hm? Why would it be sarcasm. Its freaking annoying how again a TN game doesn't have spotify on ps4.

I guess I'm one of those crazy players that generally prefers to have the music from the game playing and not some out of context random music playing.

ShinMaruku

Oct 25, 2017

Is hard to go back to this after playing games like MKX where the netcode is just so good.
Impossible. They get their netcode made in asia wherenthis codenisnoerfectly fine. It would take the netcode being done in the west, which will never happen.
I guess I'm one of those crazy players that generally prefers to have the music from the game playing and not some out of context random music playing.
Same here

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017

At some point I wanna listen to my own music when I am not playing a story especially when its a multiplayer gane. Not to mention its such a basic feature

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Lots of disconnects. Game keeps getting stuck on waiting even though it's running in the background.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Last time I tried something different was streaming Devil Trigger on YouTube while playing BBTAG, but even that was during training rather than during actual matches. It's an interesting idea, did it sometimes for music on my HDD for KoF XIII back on PS3 as one of the few games to support it (training mode once again), but more often than not I'm going to focus on tracks I like from the actual game's soundtrack.

Only one disconnect so far for me, much earlier when the game had loaded the match yet lost the connection during intros.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Uh, that was pretty great.

Now, I haven't played a DOA game in years, but I actually did OK. Probably won 40% of my fights. Looks great.

I searched for 4+ bars, and only had one match that was a stuttery mess.

That was fun as hell. I do find it easier when I'm on the left side, but it wasn't too jarring on the right.

On my radar.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
I hope the online match loading is as speedy in DOA6 as it was in DOA5, especially from-and-back-to training mode.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
+ Gameplay is similar to 5 so pretty good

- Netcode is ass. Lots of slowdown, in one fight my rival left/dc'ed and the game loaded forever
- Looks bad. Like, Soul Calibur 5 to 6 bad.

SaberX85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2nuq1rn.jpg

Blasting kasumi player with Ayane's ougi is so much fun

OP
OP
Mesharey

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
I've been having a lot of fun with it, the netcode isn't good but it's better than DoA5 and when it's good, then it's really good.

Can't wait for the full game.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Had a crash when loading up a match. Aside from that and a bit of lag sometimes (mostly at the start of a match), I've been having fun with it. Won most of my matches so far, and had a streak going for a bit. I've been playing as Ayane.

OP
OP
Mesharey

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
I didn't get any crash but from what I've seen so far from the streams, sometimes if Diego is in the match then it freezes.

Here's a match I played, Ayane (me) vs Diego, don't expect much though. XD

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
When y'all say "the netcode isn't good" or "the netcode is ass," do you mean to say that you're experiencing lag? Input latency? I'd rather the criticisms be more specific. "Netcode" has turned into such an ambiguous catchall blob of a word.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Nice. I am interested in this and this is the perfect way to decide if I should pay release-price or not.

EDIT: Man the impressions on the netcode are a bummer. It's 2019 and they still can't get this right? Fuck. Will try anyways.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Some more impressions now that I've played more matches:
- there's really some weird performance issues (break blow, intro/outro)
- most of my matches actually had less network issues than my first ones. It felt good most of the time.
- I still think that being able to spam the S combo is stupid.
- Break Hold is well designed, Break Blow too (even though it looks underwhelming compared to the DOA5 supers)
- Sidestep works well
- Graphics are a mixed bag. Looks really good on some aspects (character models, vfx, stage), worse than the early footage on some others (textures, aliasing, accessories). Hopefully the PC version looks better.
- Lighting still looks really weird, I hope they improve it.
- Diego hits like a truck (although less than what was shown at EVO)
- the network icon is really not representative of what you get, just like in SC6 or some other games. One of my best games had a red 1 bar icon.
- music and UI are great!

When y'all say "the netcode isn't good" or "the netcode is ass," do you mean to say that you're experiencing lag? Input latency? I'd rather the criticisms be more specific. "Netcode" has turned into such an ambiguous catchall blob of a word.
Input latency in my case. Actually had less lag than in 5.
Again, it really reminds me of SC6's netcode.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
"I know DOA, I don't need this tutorial"

::first match opponent spams whatever the SC6 reversal equivalent they put in::

"Where's that tutorial?"

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
- I still think that being able to spam the S combo is stupid.

This is probably my biggest complaint. It should be something that takes either some of your bar away or half. Maybe it works better on local play but online it's super annoying.

But you are right, it feels pretty close to SC6's netcode. Hopefully this beta helps improve it. I enjoy this game a lot more than SC.

Brink

Dec 18, 2017
Really enjoyed what I played. Lost a couple of games but ended on a 10 win streak.

Looks really pretty too.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Seems to be the same kind of netcode as SC6, which is not great.
When it works, it works, but inputs seem slowed down otherwise.

The biggest issue is how like in SC6 and previous games, a 5 bar gauge doesn't mean it's necessarily a good connection though.

SC6 netcode is definitely better than this. The connections feel correct to me, it's just you have to give it a second before accepting a match. I've seen a ton of connections change after a few seconds. Also, all wifi connections fluctuate a lot.

I've never once used Spotify with any PS4 game. Maybe this is normal, but I certainly don't find the lack of Spotify to be unusual.

DOA5 netcode is some of the worst in the fighting game genre this console generation. Doesn't matter the platform. DOA6 netcode is a clear improvement, but it still has a ways to go before it's decent.

I've been having a lot of fun with it, the netcode isn't good but it's better than DoA5 and when it's good, then it's really good.

Can't wait for the full game.

I have yet to have a "really good" match experience. You can't block lows on reaction. I can do that in the best conditions in SC6, Tekken 7 and DBFZ. This is not "really good" netcode no matter how good your connection.

In the worst conditions, inputs are delayed by a decent amount.

In most matches there's at least some slow down and it's difficult to block even slow lows on reaction.

In the best conditions I can block slower lows, but I can't even counter a wakeup attack on reaction, even when I'm waiting for it. My counter will come out right after the attack hits (or is blocked).

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I've never once used Spotify with any PS4 game. Maybe this is normal, but I certainly don't find the lack of Spotify to be unusual.

I use it pretty regularly and a game that doesn't allow it sticks out like a sore thumb. Its such a basic feature and the fact that after adding it to Nioh via patch it is now missing again with DoA6 is kinda mindblowing

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
I take it back. Online is inconsistent with all my matches. I've had maybe two matches that felt better than okay. The stuck on waiting is annoying.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
5 matches and I am already a bit angry, lol. Fighting games aren't for me anymore. And yeah the netcode isn't great, but okay. I am now stuck at the waiting screen. Will go to bed now and play a few matches more tomorrow.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Disconnects and game lock ups all day, almost every other match. Game itself feels fun.

darkNemisiScloud

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Was fun, tekken and dead or alive are my favourite fighting games and so far this plays pretty good can't wait for the release.

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
Everytime I restart the Beta I have to change my control schemes again. Well not change, but just select Custom and press back.

Its weird that it doesn't save the control schemes selection.

BTW here are some matches I recorded earlier + me showing the mechanics through the tutorial. Going to have some more later hopefully!

OP
OP
Mesharey

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
Definitely just keep fighting ethernet and avoid wifi warriors, here's probably the best match I played, got to 20 win streak by luck!