• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Thanks, dude!
I literally just got high from my bong hit, while the game is still running in the background and thought "damn, now let's see if someone already uploaded it on YouTube"

Just before using the search bar, I refreshed my era tabs and saw your comment! Such a cool moment, coincidentally happening in our huge ass universe. Mind blown.

Now it's usually time to take a short break from posting in forums for the next hour, because I'm getting way too high (still in a good way), but I had to tell you how happy this little moment made me, lol.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
I don't play fighting games at all, but I tried this out anyway and had a decent time despite getting demolished 9 out of 10 times. That Diego fellow is fun.

There were only a couple of matches where the hitching got truly awful slideshow level, and I didn't experience any crashes. Don't know jack about netcodes and whatnot so I didn't notice any input lag.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Whew.
I never played a DoA before, but I invested quite some time into SF, DBFz und recently Soul Calibur 6. Not that I'm any good at those tbh, but it's slowly getting there.
DoA feels incredibly.... Strange, I don't know how to put it. I find it very difficult to get a sense of rhythm and timing.
Probably a matter of practice, but a bit of a culture shock coming from the above mentioned games.

OP
OP
Mesharey

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
Strange, I don't know how to put it. I find it very difficult to get a sense of rhythm and timing.
Probably a matter of practice, but a bit of a culture shock coming from the above mentioned games.
SFV and DBFz are way different, it's kinda close to SCVI, probably just practice.

Here's what I wrote in the survey, apparently everything, lol:
"Better netcode please, Tag and team battle PLEASE, movement after the battle, more interactive stages, more characters, more costumes, more modes."

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
3 matches played, 3 ended in a hang up at the end of the match and had to close the game and start again.

Edit: Well, the fourth match hanged up after the first round.

Connection quality at 5.

Nocturno

Oct 27, 2017
I played around 7~8 matches.

Connection bars have been pretty accurate unlike SFV and Tekken 7. (0 being unplayable 3 and up very good to excellent).

Will probably buy on launch.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Had one good match from beginning to end and the next one locked up after the first round.

:(

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Had a good time with this beta. Probably won't pick up the game until a couple weeks later after release. Got RE2Remake to go through and some catching up on FFXIV.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Not only I'd the connection fucking poor all of the time but the fact you can't rematch people at all is awful.

Even when it tells me the connection is perfect it takes a full second for what I did to register.

That's either on your end or the people you're fighting.

I'm searching 4+ bars, not fighting the same person twice, rejecting all wifi connections and waiting several seconds before accepting LAN connections to make sure they don't drop in quality.

With all that, I've had 99% smooth matches. I'd say the netcode is ever so slightly worse than SC6. You can't counter on reaction, and if you try, it comes out late. That's an issue, but it's playable.

3 matches played, 3 ended in a hang up at the end of the match and had to close the game and start again.

Edit: Well, the fourth match hanged up after the first round.

Connection quality at 5.

If you let the intros rock there's a much higher chance the match will finish without problems.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
The ninjas seem about as fast as usual to me (well, wouldn't know if there's been any change with Hayate, not surprised that nobody cared enough to pick him when I played).

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
The ninjas seem about as fast as usual to me (well, wouldn't know if there's been any change with Hayate, not surprised that nobody cared enough to pick him when I played).

Really? I been playing Hayate a lot and have fought others Hayates too. But I do feel Kasumi and Ayane are a bit faster, not a lot tho.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Really? Perhaps the Hayate players started showing up after day 1 of the beta. Still noticed no speed difference from 5:LR for Kasumi or Ayane, though (not sure if that's what people are comparing it to or how much they've played of that one recently).

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
Really? Perhaps the Hayate players started showing up after day 1 of the beta. Still noticed no speed difference from 5:LR for Kasumi or Ayane, though (not sure if that's what people are comparing it to or how much they've played of that one recently).

Yeah, if anything I feel they might be 1 frame faster or 2 max. Not a lot. But then again, I never played DOA5 competitively, but I do own it and played it.

This is my latest recording, I managed to fight almost all the beta cast. I think there was a good variety in player choices of characters.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, if anything I feel they might be 1 frame faster or 2 max. Not a lot. But then again, I never played DOA5 competitively, but I do own it and played it.

This is my latest recording, I managed to fight almost all the beta cast. I think there was a good variety in player choices of characters.

Hayate and Hayabusa are nowhere as fast as Kasumi and Ayane.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
I'm hyped, I just played one match with each characters and the nectode was good!

My only problem with the game is a small nitpick : why are the intro and victory pose screens in 30 fps? Do they somehow up the polycount of the characters for these scenes?

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Netcode seems phenomenal. Everything was incredibly smooth for me last night. It also helps that the gameplay is solid. There is a flow to movesets that makes this a lot of fun. Can't wait for the final game!

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
I'm hyped, I just played one match with each characters and the nectode was good!

My only problem with the game is a small nitpick : why are the intro and victory pose screens in 30 fps? Do they somehow up the polycount of the characters for these scenes?
I think the IQ is improved yeah.
It was the same for DOA5 btw.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
Checked this out. Had 3 good Kasumi matches and then it crashed. I didn't turn it back on since I couldn't play as Tina. One odd thing I noticed was that you could customize the controls but they didn't apply to the tutorial, which always used the default button mappings.