• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
There are dozens of us! DoA5 was such a boring step back from 4 and 6 brought a lot of the fun back.
This makes no sense to me. 6 is literally just a much lesser rehash of 5 with tweaks and omissions that make it worse, and if anything its serious, gritty tone and presentation contributed to its own loss of the fun that the latter had.
I have recently got my eyes on this serie, i am playing last round on Vita and Dimensions on 3ds, i have played 6 core fighters alot and it feels like the One i like most No doubt. I might get the deluxe version and the characters down the Line :)
In that case, the sale going on now would likely be the best time. I wanted to like 6, but it just wasn't for me.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
This makes no sense to me. 6 is literally just a much lesser rehash of 5 with tweaks and omissions that make it worse, and if anything its serious, gritty tone and presentation contributed to its own loss of the fun that the latter had.

Gameplay opinions will remain divided, I am sure, so let's agree to disagree. I liked most of the gameplay changes made in 6 and know others that did too, but I know a lot of people were fond of the systems in 5 as well. Anyhow, I don't want to misread your post, but are you saying 6 has a grittier tone than 5? How?

5 brought DOA back. 6 killed it again lol.

6 was and remained an aggressively unfinished product. Online lobbies were a complete travesty. Honestly, the gameplay was the least of the game's problems.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay opinions will remain divided, I am sure, so let's agree to disagree. I liked most of the gameplay changes made in 6 and know others that did too, but I know a lot of people were fond of the systems in 5 as well. Anyhow, I don't want to misread your post, but are you saying 6 has a grittier tone than 5? How?
6 accounted for blood and bruising as part of battle damage, lens splatter, and MK-style zoom-ins on people getting smashed in the face. 5, not so much.

The caged street match stage with scuzzy spectators crowding around to shove fighters back into battle strikes a decidedly grittier tone than anything in 5 as well.

Oct 25, 2017
6 accounted for blood and bruising as part of battle damage, lens splatter, and MK-style zoom-ins on people getting smashed in the face. 5, not so much.

The caged street match stage with scuzzy spectators crowding around to shove fighters back into battle strikes a decidedly grittier tone than anything in 5 as well.
all true, but it still played better than 5. Combo system was smoother, actual meter was a million times better than teh awful tekken style comeback super mechanic. Stage design was better (for fighting, take it or leave it on the visual design).

leverpastej

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Huh, didn't expect to see this topic alive again. O:

Honestly, DOA5 Last Round is the best and biggest DOA. DOA6 is a step down in so many regards.
Also, you must be mistaken, DOA5LR is not available on Vita. It's a PS4/Xbox One and PC exclusive.

Ok, i am not home right now but i am sure its 5 something on the Vita :)

Edit; yes you are right, its DOA 5 Plus on Vita.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I love 6, personally. Bought it on all three platforms.

Also love 5/4/3/2/1. Got all six games installed on my Xbox Series X right now...also have every character in 5 and 6 there.

DyByHands

Jul 16, 2018
I really dig Dimensions
Is it possible to get everything to 5 at a good Price?

Dimensions is a great portable 3d fighter. Especially if you have the "3d" effect off (if playing on an actual 3ds) because the framerate is better with it off.

And no. The dlc is wildly priced and many of the items are now delisted. Like, you can no longer buy Mai from KOF in DOA5. And can no longer get the attack on titan stage and costumes.
But I will say. The basic game of DOA5 Last round has an amazing amount of content. Its on par with DOA2 Ultimate. And is on sale quite often

leverpastej

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Dimensions is a great portable 3d fighter. Especially if you have the "3d" effect off (if playing on an actual 3ds) because the framerate is better with it off.

And no. The dlc is wildly priced and many of the items are now delisted. Like, you can no longer buy Mai from KOF in DOA5. And can no longer get the attack on titan stage and costumes.
But I will say. The basic game of DOA5 Last round has an amazing amount of content. Its on par with DOA2 Ultimate. And is on sale quite often

Ok, thanks, i Will buy 6 first as its on sale now, and pick up 5 last round later on, i like fightinggames in general, but DOA has something special, i really like the Gameplay. But from the core variants i have tried; gameplay of doa6 clicks more with me then 5...

leverpastej

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well, i bought 6 and 5 last round today, its on download now, we are having guests tonight, but after that me gonna get me some good'ol fighting!