• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
86zt4vw5e1k21.jpg

From Reddit, highest difficulty ranges from 650 to 950.

Oct 25, 2017
Best payouts ratio would be online ranked. You get 150-250 a fight. You can do the highest difficulty on arcade and get 600-900 each time. The problem is you'll be wasting time and points since you'll still randomly get 100/200 costumes. All the extra points will be gone.

Oct 31, 2017
Thanks guys, nice to the see the new change ^__^.

Good move.
I guess the x100 launch campaign will be on until then.
Finally! I will be able to get costumes for the characters I actually use and not waste patterns on worthless characters. Whoever the sadistic bastard is that thought pattern points should be so minuscule, and also tied to RNG should be fired.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
That's a lot better. Let's hope that's the permenant rate and it doesn't drop down after the launch window. Gold is still going to be a heavy demand if you're a completionist though.

In other news, GMG is sending out Steam keys for Nyotengu and the Kasumi costume for those who preordered.

OrochiJR

Oct 29, 2017
So is the amount of pattern parts you get in DOA Quest also part of the launch celebration?

If not it would make most sense to play ranked and arcade now while the rewards are high and return to Quest mode once the gained pattern parts return to normal in order to maximize profit.

Edit: Oh, great news, the boosted rewards stay permanent. This renders my assumption meaningless ;)

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
100x is much more reasonable. Not ideal because on normal difficulty there are costumes that would take 4 playthroughs to unlock, but normal is pretty easy and at least it can be done now. Crisis over.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Now fix the online and I will sink a lot of time into this

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I am assuming that the 10x boost is perm and the 100x boost is not, it is a 10x multiplier for 2 week promotion.

Shoon

Dec 25, 2017
Finally achieved the platinum! Grinded out the last bit of ranked matches and wins last night! Brad Wong was truly a Godsend, loved playing him with all his mix-up potential but now it's time to move on to La Mariposa or Leifang

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got the PC version and I can't change resolutions no matter what I try. I know the game has issues with full screen and framerate but I don't see anyone complaining about not being able to change resolutions.

I set it to 1440 or 4k but nothing changes, any ideas how to fix this (I'm using Nvidia's super resolution thing and that works with pretty much every other game)?

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
It can't be overstated how much of an improvement the music is over the previous game. This is a legit DOA OST. The character select music is a banger.

Game is just awesome. The atmosphere and style is a return to form. Every character has more interesting and satisfying tools in their movesets, and the new Break mechanics are a lot of fun. I played my share of DOA5, and this is so much better in every way. The sound effects are incredible, especially the impact of the Break Blow. The only nitpick I have with it is the resolution, and even then it only jumps out as an issue with certain objects like Nico's glasses.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
So 10x base increase is permanent and the 10x stack (100x) is temporary?

I'm glad they're changing it so you make progress on the character you're using. 100x perm boost would be nice too...

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
So 10x base increase is permanent and the 10x stack (100x) is temporary?

I'm glad they're changing it so you make progress on the character you're using. 100x perm boost would be nice too...
From what I understand:
10x is permanent
100x is for the launch period of two weeks
they're changing the whole unlock system in two weeks anyway, with the mid-march patch.

So basically 100x until the new system, who knows after that.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
From what I understand:
10x is permanent
they're changing the whole unlock system in two weeks anyway, with the mid-march patch.

Fair to me! Progress on my character is all I really wanted, so I'm happy with the boost.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well, guess that I'm going to unlock all the costumes of Kokoro

Call of Duty

Oct 27, 2017
Is it normal for the Xbox version to disconnect from matches 50% of the time? I did not experience this during the demo.

I am on a wired connection.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Is it normal for the Xbox version to disconnect from matches 50% of the time? I did not experience this during the demo.

I am on a wired connection.

Not sure if it'll affect anything but I recall someone mentioning a worse connection on PS4 after waking from rest mode. Maybe something similar happens on Xbox? Could see if your connection improves following a reboot.

Nov 17, 2017
I haven't felt like costume unlocking is that bad yet. Idk. I'm still working my way through the quest stuff but I've gotten a ton fo parts there. The numbers you guys are quoting for the other modes sound whack as fuck, but DOA quest gives parts out like c andy. It's still not ideal, but I've got at least one costume I like for every character I care about, and several for characters I don't and still have like 60 quests.

Plus I got this so I'm fine.
O3S527h.jpg
That makes me think of Splatoon haha

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta give them credit for addressing this as quickly as they did.

GMG is also sending out nyotengu and kasumi keys now as well.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
Glad to see they've updated the patterns nonsense! I've been playing Dead or Alive since 2 on the Dreamcast, and it's definitely my favorite fighting serious. Glad 6 lives up to my expectations because it's a blast to play. Can we just talk about the music?! The deluxe edition was worth it for the main menu remix alone! My only gripes would be with the amount of recolors counting as separate costumes, and I was really hoping for a good story mode this time around. What the hell was up with the ending?

The ninjas just stumble off and Kasumi vanishes. THE END! Also on the tournament side, Jan Lee wins, then Diego wins, and then..? Are we ever going to see Donovan? Who the hell was behind the container housing Helena's mom? It did absolutely nothing to progress the story in any meaningful way.

Other than that, I feel like I'm going to put a ton of hours into this game. Give me Momiji!

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Speaking of music, not counting DLC characters, there hasn't been any new character themes since DOA4 (DOAD were remixes I think). That was disappointing, really hope they add new ones next time, especially since the music in 6 is pretty good.

-2B-

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 23, 2018
From what I understand:
10x is permanent

Going to farm everything I can over the launch period then.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Do the base models for the male characters still have those weird navels, or did they fix it them? I know they're fixed on the deluxe outfits.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Glad to see they've updated the patterns nonsense! I've been playing Dead or Alive since 2 on the Dreamcast, and it's definitely my favorite fighting serious. Glad 6 lives up to my expectations because it's a blast to play. Can we just talk about the music?! The deluxe edition was worth it for the main menu remix alone! My only gripes would be with the amount of recolors counting as separate costumes, and I was really hoping for a good story mode this time around. What the hell was up with the ending?

The ninjas just stumble off and Kasumi vanishes. THE END! Also on the tournament side, Jan Lee wins, then Diego wins, and then..? Are we ever going to see Donovan? Who the hell was behind the container housing Helena's mom? It did absolutely nothing to progress the story in any meaningful way.

Other than that, I feel like I'm going to put a ton of hours into this game. Give me Momiji!
Kasumi still can't go home with them. She's living in exile at the start of DOA6 and exile is where she returns.

As for the tournament itself, Jann Lee will likely be declared the winner, but he had been hoping for a worthy opponent, and Diego was finally that guy.

Also, the person behind the container is, my guess, Helena's mom, revived. Whether she's herself or screwed up like the revived Raidou is another story.

And as for Donovan, well, who knows. :P

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Random question, I do not know if it has been asked but how do you unlock music tracks or are they strictly DLC?

Deleted member 40604

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 3, 2018
Random question, I do not know if it has been asked but how do you unlock music tracks or are they strictly DLC?

You have to level up a character I believe to unlock their respective tracks. Player level gets you the more generic music like main menu and character select stuff.

peranent increase according to KT EU.
Also, reminder they currently have a big contest (EMEA only).
NA has another one here.

Is the x100 perm or the x10. Because x10 is still an obnoxious grind. They are making it seem like x100 is temporary which IMO is what needs to be the default and permanent value.