• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
Feels nice to not run into the same 4 or 5 people for most of the night now. Well, hopefully it's not too early to say that.

Aug 26, 2018
日本
I don't want to see honoka eat close up face punches though :(
Then you turn the damn violence off. Don't make it so that it doesn't work even if you turn it on.

I have no quarter for this given DOA4 had the ninjas chopping people in half in endings and given the entirety of the Ninja Gaiden franchise. Blood is nothing new. And disabling the face punch for just those 3 only feeds into the "they're not really 18" thing.

Last edited:

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Then you turn the damn violence off. Don't make it so that it doesn't work even if you turn it on.

I have no quarter for this given DOA4 had the ninjas chopping people in half in endings and given the entirety of the Ninja Gaiden franchise. Blood is nothing new. And disabling the face punch for just those 3 only feeds into the "they're not really 18" thing.

Seriously, we already have an option dedicated to toggling close ups, along with a bunch of other visual elements that can be adjusted for the sake of player preference. This is a half-step that wasn't needed. Hell, make it a toggle for those three specific characters for all those bleeding hearts.

Was watching him on Twitch when a discussion broke out in chat about the game's exclusion from EVO. He said that SJWs are ruining gaming and a bunch of other shit. Typical bigot talk.
Big yikes.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was watching him on Twitch when a discussion broke out in chat about the game's exclusion from EVO. He said that SJWs are ruining gaming and a bunch of other shit. Typical bigot talk.

Just browsing the FSD forums is enough for me not to want to associate with the competitive doa community. This isn't uncommon sentiment or language there.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Just browsing the FSD forums is enough for me not to want to associate with the competitive doa community. This isn't uncommon sentiment or language there.

Any pros at all you can recommend I follow on Twitch? I just want some high-level play to watch sometimes without having to deal with undesirables like this guy.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I got the free version.
I still get only 1 bar online opponents, just like in the beta. I restarted the game too (it was not ever in sleep mode). The 1 bar opponents aren't really even 1 bar matches in quality either, just occasionally sluggish.

...I won 1 match out of I don't know how many. I already forgot everything I learned in the beta. Oh well.

Any idea if the core values (fighters I mean, honest mistake lol) has achievements?
it does, it has loads of achievements
I got 5 or 6 in my short session earlier today

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
Holy crap I just unlocked 3 costumes from one match. All for Honaka too. I'm super glad they fixed the costume issue in the update.

Aug 26, 2018
日本
Nah, don't engage in slander like this. Several people had to be bounced out of FSD for going on tirades and unironically linking to One Angry Gamer and the like. It's a much of a mix of people and views as it is on this site.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Nioh team and orher teams are separate the game seems to be rushed for final round.

This game was not rushed for Final Round.

I'm quite frustrated with the game's online experience. I feel the best course of actions is players on WiFi should not count towards any ranked standings. There is absolutely no point of giving a rank to a wi-fi warrior.

At the very least give a search option to exclude wi-fi players. I can un-match with them but it'd definitely be quicker to not have to do this.

It's not even the wifi players that cause the issue. Yes, playing on wifi sucks, but it's the netcode doing most of the work here. I have a friend on wifi who I play in SC6 all the time. It's not an amazing connection, but it's very playable. On DOA6 it's an unplayable mess.

I must say after a couple of rounds online (PC version) I noticed almost zero lag, which I can't say about Tekken 7 for instance, which, after so many offline rounds with my buddy, I just can't play online; the delay is simply too much. This isn't the case in DoA6, however, and I honestly thought I played offline against an AI.

I'm not trying to be mean in any way, but if you aren't noticing any lag, you're not good enough at the game yet. There's absolutely no connection in this game that is serviceable at a competitive level. Casually? Sure, no problem. But you can't react 90% of the time playing online in this game.

For most people DOA is just one big guessing game, even in competitive play. But I absolutely hate guessing, so I react to things. Something like Hitomi's 2H+K or Hayabusa's 4H+K I wait until I see it, then counter or block accordingly. You can't do that most of the time online. Then you add the input buffering and the dropped inputs and altogether that's why the online in DOA6 is the worst this generation (aside from DOA5).

So what's everybody's take on the rush-combo system? I've tried to exploit it to farm offline...works up to 5-star difficulty then the AI starts to counter it. I dunno, I'm not the biggest fighting game expert. On the one hand it feels kinda cheap, on the other hand you can cancel it and start it at any given point which adds a new dynamic to the already fast & fluid combat. I still feel it would've been better balanced if a) you need one bar to start a rush combo or b) it fills the opponents bar quicker than regular attacks or c) both, Or have I missed something important here?

Fatal Rush is unsafe if you block it, and if it's blocked or misses, you have to stop after the first attack. When it does hit, it scales the combo considerably. If you see someone using more than one hit of the Fatal Rush, chances are they aren't maximizing their damage. Finally, meter builds like crazy in this game, so more often than not you should have meter to use a Break Hold and get out of the Fatal Rush stun.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1st time playing this series since 4. Trying out the free core version to see if I enjoy it. What do you guys think of it compared to something like soul caliber 5 as my main fighting game timesink?

I like Diego a lot, thoughts on him are welcome too.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
This game is super fun. I enjoyed the beta but online play isn't usually my cup of tea -- filthy casual here.

Core Fighters release is super nice... Hitomi's been my favorite since her debut in DOA3, so having her included in the free roster kinda rules.

Tbh having access to a few of the single player modes and my favorite character in Core Fighters may have sold me on a full copy. I'm contemplating buying it tomorrow.

ShinMaruku

Oct 25, 2017
If the game was not rushed dor final round, the management got bigger issues than I thought before.
Sometimes I wonder with developers and publishers, they can be strange human beings.

To see bad stuff happen before and repeat it? Nah that is unforgivable.

Oct 25, 2017
Core fioghters seems to have brought a lot of people in from other FGs. I played on pc for the first time today and at the low ranks a lot of people had pretty good fg fundamentals (blocking highs and lows) but not good doa fundamentals (wake up kicks game, holds, throw punishes)

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
but if you aren't noticing any lag, you're not good enough at the game yet.
Could be, it's just weird that I notice it in Tekken right away. Then again I'm a LOT better in Tekken than in DoA.
Core fioghters seems to have brought a lot of people in from other FGs. I played on pc for the first time today and at the low ranks a lot of people had pretty good fg fundamentals (blocking highs and lows) but not good doa fundamentals (wake up kicks game, holds, throw punishes)
Haha, sounds like we had a fight! This hold stuff is totally new to me and I catch myself still very often pushing that throw button like a punch button (I'm not used to have a throw on that button).

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

As someone very active on FSD I respectfully disagree. That's not common sentiment or language there. People like that are faster gone than Ryu could Izuna drop them. In fact, most of the very active people there seem to be more casual players discussing all day about costumes, hairstyles and their favorite waifus and husbandos. And the game's visuals...that would be me, lol.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
FoV settings in photo mode causes a lot of hair dithering :/

doa25dkbo.png

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
1st time playing this series since 4. Trying out the free core version to see if I enjoy it. What do you guys think of it compared to something like soul caliber 5 as my main fighting game timesink?

I like Diego a lot, thoughts on him are welcome too.
Well they're pretty different games so hard to say :p . But I doubt you won't like it.
It has some nice single player modes, so you'll have some content to go through.

Diego is great for beginners. Really accessible moveset and pretty strong. His character design just doesn't feel really DOA.

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
No, I doubt that this is the actual reason. Case in point: I just noticed that you can purchase the costumes invidiually on the Japanese PSN. They cost 216 Yen a piece. Why can't we do the same in other regions? I'm sorry Koei Tecmo, but what the hell are you doing? I hope they allow for this in other reagions in the near futur as well. But somehow I doubt it, as I don't see any reason why they wouldn't do this day 1...

0YTG9iN.jpg
Wow.........that's a stupid decision. I'm sure a lot of people are willing to buy a few costumes for their mains, but not an entire DLC pack which includes costumes they aren't going to use.
Luckily I bought the Deluxe Edition from the HK Store, where the individual costumes are also available for purchase. I only need the Nyotengu wedding dress for now.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well they're pretty different games so hard to say :p . But I doubt you won't like it.
It has some nice single player modes, so you'll have some content to go through.

Diego is great for beginners. Really accessible moveset and pretty strong. His character design just doesn't feel really DOA.

Well, I played the shit out of DOA4 and was a Zack/Jann Lee main, so Diego seems up my alley.

Any big changes from DOA4 I should know about? Seems to be some kind of super meter now.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1rEihw0.jpg

Two hours into playing DOA6 and I'm already feeling like this IRL every time I see a Marie Rose. At least I'm already good at thrashing them.

Kuksune

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Sweden
Well, I played the shit out of DOA4 and was a Zack/Jann Lee main, so Diego seems up my alley.

Any big changes from DOA4 I should know about? Seems to be some kind of super meter now.
Back+special does a Hold that counters high, mids and lows. And you can use it if you get fatal rushed. It uses 50% of your meter.
Fatal rush is a combo that starts high, tracks sidesteps but is slow. Use special button with no other inputs to use it. If you have 100% meter the you do a break blow on the 4th hit.
You can also do break blow if you do forward and special button.

Check the tutorials for more info, they go through everything you need to know :)

Oct 27, 2017

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Apparently Lobbies were already there from the start but are a bit buggy.

People have found a way to join a lobby:
  • 1. Person A queue in Ranked
  • 2. Person B click join game from steam friend list
  • 3. This brings you to a lobby room
  • 4. If you back out it brings you to the lobby menu
  • 5. You can then invite people
unknown.png

unknown.png

https://steamcommunity.com/app/838380/discussions/0/3398435622559327494/
https://www.reddit.com/r/DeadOrAlive/comments/b1r4am/theres_a_glitch_that_allows_you_to_play_with/
Anyone tried this on PS4?

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR

unknown.png

unknown.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/DeadOrAlive/comments/b1r4am/theres_a_glitch_that_allows_you_to_play_with/
wat

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

unknown.png

unknown.png

I need to try this tonight!

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
For all of the whining about the (old) news of not getting to savor punching the mousepad girls in the face, I'm waiting to see if the same winds up extending to Mai and whoever the other KoF XIV character will be.

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Hey at least lobbies being in a debug state shows that they tried to implement it. Glass half full.
Thanks for the link!
For all of the whining about the (old) news of not getting to savor punching the mousepad girls in the face, I'm waiting to see if the same winds up extending to Mai and whoever the other KoF XIV character will be.
If the other is Kula, probably. I'm sure it'll apply to Mai though.

edit:

The gauge is the big difference yeah (explained in the OP).
Other than that, it's 4-way holds and the usual DOA system. It's close to DOA5 in many ways really. It has a lot of tutorials too, so nothing to worry about, especially if you've ever played DOA.

Last edited: