• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
People who aren't in my friends list nor in the other person I'm playing with are joining the lobby. That's interesting.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else having trouble with the lobby glitch? I've tried a bunch and it just keeps locking us on the joining lobby menu. At one point I could hear a guy named fortycal talking and see his mic going off so I seemed to be in a lobby, but one I couldn't see or interact with. Has anyone on the free edition gotten it to work?

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Brad Wong mirror match against someone I never played before. Both of us did the falling down taunt immediately at the start. I love this game, haha.

Last edited:

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else having trouble with the lobby glitch? I've tried a bunch and it just keeps locking us on the joining lobby menu. At one point I could hear a guy named fortycal talking and see his mic going off so I seemed to be in a lobby, but one I couldn't see or interact with. Has anyone on the free edition gotten it to work?

When person A is queuing for ranked
Person B joins them and starts the lobby.
Person B then leaves that lobby to actually create one.
From there they should be able to invite you into it.

That said, when it was me and my friend, they had the F2P mode and was "Person B". So you should be able to get it done.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When person A is queuing for ranked
Person B joins them and starts the lobby.
Person B then leaves that lobby to actually create one.
From there they should be able to invite you into it.

That said, when it was me and my friend, they had the F2P mode and was "Person B". So you should be able to get it done.
When me or any or my friends join we just get a message that says joining a lobby that essentially locks the game and you can only get out by joining another person on your friends list or exiting the game. There's no lobby or pressing any buttons to do anything for any of us.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LmeYtX8.jpg

King of the Diegos, baby

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
You know they say Honoka is a "college" student but something tells me they just wrote that in for the English release.

Also feels like every other match is against her in the skimpiest outfit.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got up to C and still basically going on 8-10 win streaks. Starting to get ladder anxiety where I climb so fast I'm waiting for the crash lmao. Every time I'm ranking up though I 3-0 them...

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Playing core fighters on ps4. Got up to c+ rank. Think I earned enough parts to unlock all of Kasumi outfits which is way better than at launch.

Need lobbies, badly.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing this since it went F2P and I really have to wonder: how did they release a fighter without the ability to do private matches online in 2019?

I get they're adding it in but that really should have been in at launch. There's really no excuse. I just don't understand how it can lack such a basic feature.

TonyB

Banned
Feb 25, 2019
I've been playing this since it went F2P and I really have to wonder: how did they release a fighter without the ability to do private matches online in 2019?

I get they're adding it in but that really should have been in at launch. There's really no excuse. I just don't understand how it can lack such a basic feature.

I kinda feel like they got away with it too? Like I do see plenty of outlets bring this up as a lacking feature, but I'm still finding myself at a disconnect with them as to how egregious an omission this is.

I'd rather have seen them include lobbies immediately and add ranked matches later. Fake online kudos can wait, I just want to play more matches.

I'm going to stop playing this online with all these cheesy shameless spammy players.

To be honest fighting games might just not be your genre if you're expecting opponents to play under your house rules.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda feel like they got away with it too? Like I do see plenty of outlets bring this up as a lacking feature, but I'm still finding myself at a disconnect with them as to how egregious an omission this is.

I'd rather have seen them include lobbies immediately and add ranked matches later. Fake online kudos can wait, I just want to play more matches.

To be honest fighting games might just not be your genre if you're expecting opponents to play under your house rules.
Right? I've seen more talk about the costume unlocks than this. I just want to actually play against friends and other people and learn how to properly play the game. Like yeah, I can play ranked but I really do not feel like I'm learning anything even if I'm winning a majority of my matches. Even Nintendo games let me play with my friends at launch.

Between this and the netcode, online has been very poor. I can't think of the last fighter that released in such a state. Even SFV and DBFZ with their launch server issues were better once you could actually connect.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they continue to improve battle damage. Stuff like Helena losing her hair tie, the light bruising, and sweat adds dishevelment post fight that's a lot better than emerging pristine.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Opened the twitch link, see a swimsuit NiCO vs a weeding NiCO.

Nope.

Is Sonicfox is this btw?

edit: nvm its the final already.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. Guess he didn't make it to semis.

This combat right now ilustrates my only issues so far in online, how easy is to spam throws/hard to react to them :/

Throws are one of the main means of punishment in DoA and Tina is a grappler so ofc you will see a lot of grabs.

If you are getting thrown a lot online you are probably too passive at times allowing them to throw you or go for too many hold attempts leading to your opponent stopping their attack and throw you for big damage. Remember unlike other fighting games in DoA strikes will beat throws. The moment you are doing a move throws won't hit. Only exception are Offensive Holds which will beat the start of a strike. Offensive holds lose to throws though

Last edited:

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nico seems pretty busted to me. She's super unfun to fight against and she's one of the worst character designs ever.

Triple threat.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Throws are one of the main means of punishment in DoA and Tina is a grappler so ofc you will see a lot of grabs.

If you are getting thrown a lot online you are probably too passive at times allowing them to throw you or go for too many hold attempts leading to your opponent stopping their attack and throw you for big damage. Remember unlike other fighting games in DoA strikes will beat throws. The moment you are doing a move throws won't hit. Only exception are Offensive Holds which will beat the start of a strike. Offensive holds lose to throws though

Thanks for the input. Its true that sometimes I'm a little too passive, something that I need to change.

To be fair I'm still doing quite well at Rank C because people are just unable to do something about the new sidesteps lol but Tina's and Mila's offensive holds annoy me to no end.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on a 8 win streak at the moment. Feels good. Though I almost lost cause this one Hayate player would do almost nothing but grabs so it tripped me up for a round. But once I realized he'd do literally nothing but that, I just keep on the attacks so he couldn't grab and won.

Also for the stats screen is the Overall Results is that entire matches won + played or round won + played.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best mode to use to unlock costumes after you are done with DOA Quest?

Since now you actually get costumes for the character you are playing and excess patterns go towards other costumes instead of being lost, Arcade mode on the highest difficuy. Around 900 patterns to costumes of the character you played with. If you unlocked all costumes for that character the patterns will go to random characters.

Otherwise just playing online is also pretty quick between 100-300 patterns per match

Last edited:

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Since now you actually get costumes for the character you are playing and excess patterns go towards other costumes instead of being lost, Arcade mode on the highest difficuy. Around 900 patterns to costumes of the character you played with. If you unlocked all costumes for that character the patterns will go to random characters.

Otherwise just playing online is also pretty quick between 100-300 patterns per match
Thanks. That seems pretty decent on Arcade then, glad they decided to change it.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
As a follow up to the individual costumes discussion from earlier, the Steam page for the wedding costume set no longer includes the "The products included in this set can also be purchased separately" passage in the description of the DLC. Guess that settles that particular discussion.

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
After a lot of online matches and trying various characters, I'm pretty sure my mains in DOA6 are going to be Tina and Bayman for now.
Now to wait on Mai and the next DLC characters...

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
The new pattern points update is excellent but I got another problem now....not enough MONEY!! *sigh* You would think they would've boosted this with the pattern points boost because a lot of modes (e.g. DOA Quest and Combo Challenge) only give big amounts of gold the first time you complete them and on subsequent attempts (if already cleared) you basically get nothing except for the small amounts (a hundred or so) from the fight itself, the big money bonuses for completing objectives and the missions do not repeat. Also after the update they have added approx 26 new quests, looks to be 1 very hard one for each character (huge combo damage needed to finish).

At the moment this is what I recommend:
1. Do NOT spend gold on costumes, hairstyles and accessories for characters you do not want/need. Basically gold is very limited so only spend on the stuff you are trying to unlock and do not just go around spending it willy nilly as you unlock random stuff as you will run out very fast and then have to farm (very slowly) for the stuff you do want.
2. DOA Quest is the easiest way of getting big amounts of gold. If you have trouble completing the whole mission just cherry pick the missions with the easy objectives and complete those then come back to finish the whole mission later if you need more gold. Combo Challenge also rewards decent amounts but some of the combos can get difficult so you will hit a road block pretty early with this mode so not recommended, just stick to DOA Quest basically.

Team Ninja/Koei Tecmo can you please boost the gold drops in arcade mode x10 (other modes may also need a boost but not sure). Thanks.