• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
I'm watching the Jedi Fallen Order reveal first, I'll jump in after that.

edit: I'm in, Shin made the lobby on PS4, contact him for invites.

Last edited:

ShinMaruku

Oct 25, 2017
Lobby is a go
Let me know if you want in. Our lobbies will be mostly weekley every saturday like old days, you can join the discord and then be aware of when lobby starts

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Well that new lobby is a bit confusing...

L2 to see everyone who is in the lobby.
X to say you're ready. O to withdraw.
Square for menu. Game is really loud while in a party chat, so thankfully you can change ingame volume settings from the lobby.

Timers are REALLY short. So when you're on the line for a match, press X quickly or you'll get kicked.
Spectating also doesn't work automatically while you're waiting for matches, and you can't start spectating in the middle of a match (like in 5). Press R3 to do so. Badly made there.

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Biggest thing I've noticed so far is the netcode being a lot more unstable than 5 in lobbies.
You get used to the other new commands otherwise, but:
- timer should be way longer
- the winner of the lobby should be in "ready" mode by default

edit: good games everyone! That was a fun first DOA6 lobby in the end.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Missed the top 8 due to timing, but interesting results:

Also, new interview from Dengeki with Shimbori. From what I got with google translate:
General stuff
- he's now focusing on his producer role rather than director since the game is out, easier to deal with all the feedback coming
- they acknowledge their mistakes with the costumes drop rates, thought it wouldn't be as repetitive during development (was done because they thought players would enjoy going from task to task), and are glad players are happy with the new drop rate.
- thinking about how to use the "owner points" (not sure if they're talking about costume pieces or coins) in the future, potentially with free costumes or at least a way to get paid costumes (paid costumes will still be the main thing like in DOA5 due to its success).
- "new season passes will add characters expected by Team NINJA fans". Don't want to confirm when SP2 will happen (my guess is just second half of the year).
F2P and lobbies
- F2P version was supposed to be released at launch. Development issues led to the delay. They wanted it out asap so casuals/beginners could play together from the start. They acknowledge the bad communication around it (would have been better if it was said on the official site rather than in an interview).
- Considering boosting the number of "owner points" earned depending on the number of characters you own.
- Over 500k downloads of the F2P version so far, similar growth to the free version released with DOA5U.
- They're really sorry about the lobby mode delay, and glad it's finally out. They had to add staff from other projects to help on it. Main issues were bugs, and certifications to be sure it released on all platforms at the same time.
- Unable to start spectating a match when it has already started (unlike DOA5) because they've noticed it was adding lag to players.
- Text chat will be a full text chat as usual, and not a symbol/quick message chat like in other fighting games out there.
Balance updates
- focus for now is about the sidestep complaints. Mostly appreciated by beginners and westerners, but many people complaining about it too.
- balancing characters is always hard, and hope people don't take it badly if something is nerfed, as it's taken in consideration with a large amount of players in mind.
- esports stuff mostly about the world tour rather than anything else
Final message
Thank you for always playing this work. I think that up until now, everyone's wishes and their goals have deviated, and there have been times when the transmission of information has not been sufficient, causing everyone to feel uncomfortable or anxious. I firmly accept the opinions from all of you, and I will use this work as a source for making the work more interesting and extending in the future.

It will be a long-running title, including updates and competitions, so please play plenty. Thank you for supporting this work from now on.
Skipped some bits as usual, check the link for more details.

edit: the FSD forum's reactions to this interview are pretty shitty.

Last edited:

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
They don't expect western players to read this interview in the first place.

That seems to be one of the core assumptions for their PR for this game, if the differences between how the game was marketed in NA and in Asia is any indication. Seems to escape them that there are Western gamers and journalists that do in fact pay attention to what they're doing in Japan.

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
That seems to be one of the core assumptions for their PR for this game, if the differences between how the game was marketed in NA and in Asia is any indication. Seems to escape them that there are Western gamers and journalists that do in fact pay attention to what they're doing in Japan.
That's sadly the case for a lot of japanese companies, and KT is one of the biggest offenders :/

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
Its going to take an "A realm reborn" type overhaul to salvage this game. Slow content drip and patches won't cut it when MK11 is about the hit the ground running and steamroll DOA6's already putrid momentum.

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Would people stop acting like it's a disaster when it's not even close to as bad as SFV's launch please :p

Oct 25, 2017
this framing really has been weird. Outside of lobbies and the costume unlock system the launch package of the game was fine. Both of those are fixed now and the actual $60 package is pretty damn good.

Now we just need the fuckmothering DLC issue fixed.

Driver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Its going to take an "A realm reborn" type overhaul to salvage this game. Slow content drip and patches won't cut it when MK11 is about the hit the ground running and steamroll DOA6's already putrid momentum.

Damn, you sound like DOA kicked your dog. It's not a bad game at all. It could use a bit more content to really flesh it out (more intros and outros please), but its a solid game. Not sure why it can't co-exist with MK11. I don't plan on buying MK11. And I'm sure most people that buy MK11 probably never considered buying DOA6. Same genre but very different audiences.

Would people stop acting like it's a disaster when it's not even close to as bad as SFV's launch please :p

this framing really has been weird. Outside of lobbies and the costume unlock system the launch package of the game was fine. Both of those are fixed now and the actual $60 package is pretty damn good.

Now we just need the fuckmothering DLC issue fixed.

I've been really liking this game. Such a great distraction from Sekiro. Whenever I get burnt out on Sekiro I jump into some DOA6 matches online. I'm a filthy casual but I'm having a lot of fun. I bitch about wanting DLC - and I do want to purchase individual costumes, but I still haven't unlocked all the costumes I want for the characters I play. I've just been playing as one character online, unlocking all their costumes, then moving on to another one. Just finished up with Lei Fang last night. She was difficult to win with at first but the more I used her the more I liked her. I ended last night with a 6 win streak, my best yet. Now I need to start a new character, Kasumi, Hitomi, or Honoka is next.

ShinMaruku

Oct 25, 2017
You guys should know the usual suspects.
Lobby Footage from our weekend lobby.

We have lobbies every weekend so everyone pn PS4 can join in our lobbies.
For roll calls check here or the discord. It will primarily be in the discord way before the lobby is set up.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
I understand that some people don't have a choice when it comes to wireless, but it really makes the poor netcode stand out even more. I only accept 5 bar connections (which generally drop to 4 bars), and there's a significant difference between playing someone on wifi and someone on LAN.

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
@american PS4 players:

EU still to still do the "watch lobby in the official stream for a chance to win SP1" thing.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
The more I play this game, the more I think it has the worst netcode of the series. Maybe it's not entirely on the netcode, but the input buffer, input delay and netcode combine to make this such a bad experience if you're trying to be even the least bit competitive. It doesn't help that almost everyone I run into at S rank or higher is just spamming online tactics. Super frustrating.

Driver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Looks like they are detailing the April DLC this Sunday at 8pm CEST. Came from DOA official twitter. I'm excited to see what they are offering but I probably wont get it unless I can buy individual costumes.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can you buy the outfits from the season pass as individual items on PS4? I am thinking of moving from Xbox to PS4 but I don't want to buy the whole season pass again. But if I could just get outfits for like 4 or 5 of my favorites, I think I want to double-dip and change platforms.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Can you buy the outfits from the season pass as individual items on PS4? I am thinking of moving from Xbox to PS4 but I don't want to buy the whole season pass again. But if I could just get outfits for like 4 or 5 of my favorites, I think I want to double-dip and change platforms.
No. They deliberately only let Xbox and JP/HK PS4 users do so (and refuse to explain why).

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Looks like they are detailing the April DLC this Sunday at 8pm CEST. Came from DOA official twitter. I'm excited to see what they are offering but I probably wont get it unless I can buy individual costumes.
Before the top 8 at the Mix Up. That's a cool thing to make people watch more esports.

Btw, it already leaked through store descriptions
pirate costumes for everyone