• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay wise it seems to be a pretty good patch. Characters got more knockdowns and adjustments to when someone can get hit on the ground.

Would be pretty happy if its Tamaki. Hopefully she has a fun moveset also please be bigger for once. All those new recent DoA characters feel like you just have a core moveset that is missing something

Last edited:

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Official reveal for the new character in the DOAX stream on the 25th:

I guess we'll get a trailer, wonder what her moveset will be.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I just love being paired up with the same person rejecting a match over and over for fifteen minutes straight rendering me unable to play even a single round online. Super frustrating.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Well, you can remove the check mark so you don't play with the previous opponent.

That's not what's happening. The game keeps suggesting the same person for a match to me that refuses to play me every single time. I never even fight the guy once, and am unable to fight anyone else because god forbid another player is suggested to me instead. It's possible the game just is this dead on PC now, but you'd think there are more than just two players online. Either way, it's a miserable experience.

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
That's not what's happening. The game keeps suggesting the same person for a match to me that refuses to play me every single time. I never even fight the guy once, and am unable to fight anyone else because god forbid another player is suggested to me instead. It's possible the game just is this dead on PC now, but you'd think there are more than just two players online. Either way, it's a miserable experience.

You wireless? could be that you show up as a wireless opponent and many people do not want to waste time playing in laggy wireless connections.I too always decline opponents with the wireless symbol by default

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
You wireless? could be that you show up as a wireless opponent and many people do not want to waste time playing in laggy wireless connections.I too always decline opponents with the wireless symbol by default
It could be this. I never accept a wi-fi warrior even if he/she has 5 bars of connection.

Nah, I wish that was the problem. I am on cable. I do believe that the number of players just is that low in the EU at the time I played and in my bracket.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
So Dissidia is done.

Yo KT and TN how about you put that staff on DoA6 now and pull more of the development in house and start working on fixing and improving shit

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao you know how the Gust costume set is the old costumes from 5.

Somehow they can't even match the old content now when reselling it, as Phase 4's Gust costume does not have the transformation anymore..

I just can't anymore with this game just wtf Team Ninja

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Lmao you know how the Gust costume set is the old costumes from 5.

Somehow they can't even match the old content now when reselling it, as Phase 4's Gust costume does not have the transformation anymore..

I just can't anymore with this game just wtf Team Ninja
Where is it said that it doesn't have the transformation anymore?

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Where is it said that it doesn't have the transformation anymore?

Truly amazing how selling old costumes again wasn't bad enough they actually just sell you worse versions of it. That one swimsuit pack also allowed you to remove the t-shirts with a button in DoA5 on character select in 6 this isn't possible. Now you have a costume where they removed a feature of it.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019

Truly amazing how selling old costumes again wasn't bad enough they actually just sell you worse versions of it. That one swimsuit pack also allowed you to remove the t-shirts with a button in DoA5 on character select in 6 this isn't possible. Now you have a costume where they removed a feature of it.

Ah damn, thanks for confirming. Weird for the Phase 4 costume, it was the only one transforming last time too.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
So not only does Phase 4 lose the transformation the pack overall is much more expensive, less content for a higher price

With the hair colors they might have done something so fucking scummy even gacha games will look at doa and go "nah man that is too much"

Making hair colors a paid feature is bad enough but holy shit what were they thinking

You don't get all hair colors for 1 character or 1 hair color for all characters

YOU DON'T EVEN GET ONE HAIR COLOR FOR ONE CHARACTER PERMANENTLY. You basically buy a 1 time color change and if you switch back to the default color or buy another color the alternate hair color is GONE and needs to be bought again if you want to switch hair color again.

Oh you thought that was it. ITS FOR ONE HAIRSTYLE ONLY. You buy a 1 time color change for a single hair style

Last edited:

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Soul Calibur VI lets people change hair colors around for free, and here DoA6 is charging for impermanent ones...

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Soul Calibur VI lets people change hair colors around for free, and here DoA6 is charging for impermanent ones...

To think that TN rightfully mocked Tekken for paid frame data and now made fucking hair colors not only paid but did so in the most insane way possible is quite something.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Lol, I expected the worst as in "1 ticket = 1 color for 1 character" but they managed to do worse apparently.
To think that TN rightfully mocked Tekken for paid frame data and now made fucking hair colors not only paid but did so in the most insane way possible is quite something.
To be fair, cosmetic DLC is different than gameplay related DLC.
Honestly I wish there wasn't any color change in DOA at all, Bamco can keep that, the end result is usually awful.

edit:
the new character should get a trailer today btw.
Nothing of value in the patchnotes (no balance or major bug).

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
True but when you mock someone else for a basic feature then go and make a basic feature for games with character customization paid is a bit embarassing.
Is it really embarrassing?
The way how they monetize hair color is absolutely shitty, but it's incomparable with what Bamco is doing with actual gameplay features (lack of tutorial and paid frame data is a lot more "embarrassing").
I just think you're overreacting when it's just a bad cosmetic feature in the first place. Hopefully nobody pays for it, but I don't get the audience or why they decided to implement that in the first place.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Is it really embarrassing?
The way how they monetize hair color is absolutely shitty, but it's incomparable with what Bamco is doing with actual gameplay features (lack of tutorial and paid frame data is a lot more "embarrassing").
I just think you're overreacting when it's just a bad cosmetic feature in the first place. Hopefully nobody pays for it, but I don't get the audience or why they decided to implement that in the first place.

You don't get the audience in the arguably #1 dress up waifu simulator of fighting games? It's because the audience exists that they think they can get away with this.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What DOA6 turned into is so sad, but as others have already mentioned, it was enabled by a big number of apologists who kept defending the game/Team Ninja/Koei Tecmo at every turn, for every lazy and outright scammy stunt they pulled. DOA6 has basically become the shitty, lazy, monetized to hell and back gacha waifu simulator those apologists deserve. It's just so sad for longtime loyal fans like me, my favorite fighting games series is as good as dead and it is only going to get worse. Soon we'll have the first girl from that DOAX gacha game instead of a new or missing veteran fighter. *sighs*

You don't get the audience in the arguably #1 dress up waifu simulator of fighting games? It's because the audience exists that they think they can get away with this.

This. And they will get away with this, because they can bank on just a few whales that buy all of the shit they get served.

Last edited:

raidergale

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I barely post here, but what the hell. I used to love DOA, but I'm completely apathetic towards DOA6. The constant nickel and diming they're pulling, with lower and lower quality DLC packs and more and more expensive stuff is just ridiculous. I can only hope this hair thing is what breaks the camel's back, I've been noticing a lot of Japanese fans super disappointed as well.
I remember DOAX3 trying to pull something similar (paid only costumes that could be rejected by the characters, so you had to buy it again if it was rejected) and they course corrected after all the backlash (every subsequent outfit was earnable with ingame money).
What did they even implement Player Points for? They're also making a point to say that they'll increase player points handouts between today and March 3rd, but... what for? People who actually play this game probably earned everything they could with player points in a year. Those points are absolutely useless.

Synth

Oct 26, 2017
What DOA6 turned into is so sad, but as others have already mentioned, it was enabled by a big number of apologists who kept defending the game/Team Ninja/Koei Tecmo at every turn, for every lazy and outright scammy stunt they pulled. DOA6 has basically become the shitty, lazy, monetized to hell and back gacha waifu simulator those apologists deserve. It's just so sad for longtime loyal fans like me, my favorite fighting games series is as good as dead and it is only going to get worse. Soon we'll have the first girl from that DOAX gacha game instead of a new or missing veteran fighter. *sighs*

Yup. Writing's been on the wall for years, but anytime you'd voice your concerns people would be be quick to shout you down. Now here we are.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Lol was that it? Its like the one thing that could have somewhat distracted from this mess was a decent presentation of Tamaki but all we got was 5 seconds of her walking on the Seaside Eden stage.

Really goes to show just how little care is put into DoA6 that a character making it into the main series went something like this.

*Shows super short tease of her*

"Tamaki is going to be joining DoA6"

"Yeeey"

*presenters move on to the next topic*

Granted I don't speak Japanese so they could have said more about her but sure seemed like they didn't say anything about her

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Official Tamaki teaser with english subs:

No, I don't get what is the audience wanting hair coloration.
It looks terrible in every game.
Lol was that it? Its like the one thing that could have somewhat distracted from this mess was a decent presentation of Tamaki but all we got was 5 seconds of her walking on the Seaside Eden stage.

Really goes to show just how little care is put into DoA6 that a character making it into the main series went something like this.

*Shows super short tease of her*

"Tamaki is going to be joining DoA6"

"Yeeey"

*presenters move on to the next topic*

Granted I don't speak Japanese so they could have said more about her but sure seemed like they didn't say anything about her
That's a teaser yeah.
I'm not sure why people go into DOAX streams expecting gameplay talk. They didn't even talk about DOA6 in there before they announced a VV character for it.
It'll happen in a 4gamer (or similar) stream next week or so.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
That's a teaser yeah.
I'm not sure why people go into DOAX streams expecting gameplay talk. They didn't even talk about DOA6 in there before they announced a VV character for it.
It'll happen in a 4gamer (or similar) stream next week or so.

Didn't expect gameplay just a tiny bit more like a screenshot showing her in battle so we get her idle stance and maybe some hint at how she fights

It still seems like its treated like just another collab when it should be a big deal

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Didn't expect gameplay just a tiny bit more like a screenshot showing her in battle so we get her idle stance and maybe some hint at how she fights

It still seems like its treated like just another collab when it should be a big deal
Teasing her over several weeks seem good for a character to me (not sure why she should be a big deal).. We'll get information soon enough anyway.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
I'm curious what Tamaki's fighting style will be. I'll be in Japan for school (hopefully) when she eventually comes out, so maybe I'll have the chance to try her out first on the arcade version.

I feel like DOA6's quality is kind of a natural progression from 5 to XVV. The response to 6 had felt pretty overwhelmingly negative since the first details started coming out after the reveal so I'm not sure how much of the blame should be attributed to people defending the game. This game just seems to not be a priority in anyway so the only way to make money is to get pretty scummy.

More than anything, TN is probably in a tight spot with the series in regards to how well XVV has been doing. Why spend time and money on 6 when any new costumes in XVV is going to make so much more money through Gacha. New DOA titles are probably not as financials viable as XVV. You'd hope the money earned there would go into the main series, though maybe DMM gets most of it.

I'm still enjoying the game, but the doom and gloom feels pretty deserved for the most part. Maybe they should consider cutting their losses and move onto 7, but there's no reason to believe the situation would get any better.

It does feel a bit weird. They probably want to hype her up a bunch so I guess that's why they're doing teases. KoeiTecmo does own these characters right? I'm not really familiar with how it works with DMM. Anyways, I'm sure we'll see more stuff within the next couple weeks.

ShinMaruku

Oct 25, 2017
That teaser was terrible because Team Ninja has the worst marketing people imaginable, and that's a feat since all marketing people in this industry are terrible

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, way to deflate my hype. The hair color stuff and costume downgrades are already clown pants, but the Tamaki tease straight up looks like they just re-used some VV animation and has no fanfare to get hyped over. Hate to come on in like a wet blanket, but come on. Tease what her fighting style is, at least show us her Default costume (if its actually a bikini, then HOLY SHIT TN).

DyByHands

Jul 16, 2018
... um... lol. This game, I swear.

For a moment I was like, cool, hair options. And then, nope!!! Ugh...

Oct 25, 2017
twitter.com

DOA6日本公式 on Twitter

“【お知らせ】髪色変更機能に関して多数ご意見をいただいており、真摯に受け止めております。現在、機能改善の準備をしておりますので、内容が決定し次第お知らせいたします。なおすでにお知らせしております「たまき」追加等は近日配信いたします。今後も #DOA6 をどうぞよろしくお願いいたします。”

So they are changing the haircolor shitshow

however in feeling quite cynical and figuring it will be a "less bad than the worst thing ever so still pretty fucking bad" situation

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
twitter.com

DOA6日本公式 on Twitter

“【お知らせ】髪色変更機能に関して多数ご意見をいただいており、真摯に受け止めております。現在、機能改善の準備をしておりますので、内容が決定し次第お知らせいたします。なおすでにお知らせしております「たまき」追加等は近日配信いたします。今後も #DOA6 をどうぞよろしくお願いいたします。”

So they are changing the haircolor shitshow

however in feeling quite cynical and figuring it will be a "less bad than the worst thing ever so still pretty fucking bad" situation

At best its going to be that you get the hair color permanently.

Problem will always be that the very idea of charging for hair colors is ridiculous to begin with

Oct 25, 2017
At best its going to be that you get the hair color permanently.

Problem will always be that the very idea of charging for hair colors is ridiculous to begin with
I wouldnt have been too miffed if they just charged a few bucks for the hair color changing feature. Could draw comparisons all day to games that have that included, but comparisons arent exactly equal at that point anyway