• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
logo.png

Huge thanks to Tyaren that did a lot of work on the discussion thread's graphics, work used again here with his permission.

Release Date: March 1st 2019
Platforms: PS4, X1, Steam, Arcade (TBA)
Developer: Team Ninja

F2P version released on 15/03! (details here)

If you've played DOA5 previously, welcome back! You should find yourself at home with this new game, outside of the new gauge system, and the removal of Tag.
Otherwise, please watch the trailers, ask questions, and check the official description below:
Fights in Dead or Alive are based on a triangle system: strikes beat throws, throws beat holds, and holds beat strikes. When you land an attack of one type that beats another type, like landing a strike when an opponent tries to throw, that attack becomes a Hi Counter attack and does even more damage.

The Break Gauge system is a special attack meter new to the series. Use the Break Gauge to execute new tactics such as a Break Blow or a Break Hold.
A Break Blow is a special skill which has a powerful smash while parrying an enemy strike.
A Break Hold is the ultra hold which returns upper, middle, and lower attacks.
Fatal Rush is a powerful combo attack of up to four neatly animated punches and kicks making a first time player look like an expert.

All modes (but tag) are returning from DOA5 (arcade, survival, story mode, time attack, ranked online, gallery, photo mode, in-depth training mode, command training, combo training, long and accessible tutorial...), but there's also new modes!

DOA QUEST: Play missions and unlock rewards based on your performance!

img-modes-quest001.jpg

DOA CENTRAL: unlock costumes, equip your favorite outfits, change default music tracks, check the database...

Characters:

153fzd7pccsz85izg.jpg
1haaankb42apqnrzg.jpg
uo926pzm7kv11x6zg.jpg

k3dxqd5k98dmxr0zg.jpg
wp2v62z8ohpw0zrzg.jpg
14vdx2fxyidqxjdzg.jpg

wwxxnotevrt9cw7zg.jpg
5zbupmoo3p1lh57zg.jpg
9c7pba75you562kzg.jpg

5q5279nlxub6be1zg.jpg
048949s1wf2nddlzg.jpg
oxpdjco6sogj3bbzg.jpg

w6867218xe7fr66zg.jpg
9dhlsch8lv1uxw1zg.jpg
0zn0abz291m6pnpzg.jpg

077eugwp297sqaszg.jpg
fxrwbntalgpe0m8zg.jpg
zr9z2ofcpzs7121zg.jpg

h2m0i9fh63vd4sqzg.jpg
jqp1v3k875hjhzxzg.jpg
tuqq8gi6hprvsmxzg.jpg

zlcg8aamuddm59yzg.jpg
cu69bxnolawqhhhzg.jpg
ae4qlb75rjvijd3zg.jpg

vrvtl533xkfv350zg.jpg
co6dipsjzyuh8bfzg.jpg

+ from KOF: Mai Shiranui and another character releasing in June!

Stages:

06jppb0n6pqnbcyzg.jpg
qqk0424q6npmqvjzg.jpg
oewfg48s2xb5z0pzg.jpg

fnec4r02oik6x55zg.jpg
m0bk7vuiu6m7ttjzg.jpg
d4hdmu1xxr6ba6tzg.jpg

y11c30acvj1l0kfzg.jpg
sk7os0zr25a05o3zg.jpg
0iq9q797mprp0g0zg.jpg

pdtrar442abg4nszg.jpg
ofwe4ptud4u2ct6zg.jpg
kcrbljjvc9yaa4rzg.jpg

ttlezqmpks5a89rzg.jpg

Announcement trailer

Combat and Features trailer

Core Fighters trailer

Kula and Mai trailer

Links to check out:

DOA6 official website (DLC and event info, etc)
DOA6 official twitter account (official news, fan content being shared, etc)
DOA6 Steam page
DOA6 Xbox store page
DOA6 PSN page : UK / US

Recommended Community videos:
Beginner's guide
PC 4k video

UPDATES PLANNED
March to June 2019 :
Lobbies preview:

Feel free to ask or suggest anything else that you might find useful!
We will also try to organize lobbies as soon as possible (lobby mode is coming in an update in March), so check this space!

Last edited:

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for not putting a stupid meme in the OT. Great job, and super hype to play!

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up the Deluxe edition demo was great can't wait to play tonight. This continues to be the series I love to dable in and mess around with. I hope they add the Virtua Fighter characters eventually.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Nice work. Gonna be a while before I can get this, but I'll be keeping up with news for it all the same.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yay!!! :D Great OT and the title turned out to be good as well. In 16 minutes DOA6 will finally unlock for me too.

And thank you for the mention.

giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
I was cold on this until the demo now I love it.I bought the deluxe, and messed around with DOA quest a little bit this morning before work. The first few missions are pretty basic but interested to see what harder ones are like.

Deleted member 35156

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Yay!!! :D Great OT and the title turned out to be good as well. In 16 minutes DOA6 will finally unlock for me too.

And thank you for the mention.

giphy.gif
Can you check if the "wind" hit effects that told you if the attack was hi/low/mid from DOA5 are still in the game? On the beta it didn't have it and that's something I find important when my opponent uses something I don't know how to deal with.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still irked that It unlocks at 3am for NA PSN. Could have got a few fights in before bed but guess I'll just have to wait until like 4pm after work.

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Sadly won't be able to play before next week, but looking forward to seeing people playing it!

Also from a new 4gamer interview, google translate:
4 Gamer:
At the other day EVO Japan 2019, participation in Shiranui Mai was announced.Despite being SNK's character, we will continue to participate from DOA 5 LR, but please let me know the background.

Shinbori:
Although Mai Shirani was a character added last in DOA 5 LR, it was very popular. So, when asking SNK to participate in the early period, if you asked SNK, I got a nice reply that not only Mai but another one character is OK.
Is there a preload for the PS4 version?
Yes. It's out at midnight in every region anyway.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Although Mai Shirani was a character added last in DOA 5 LR, it was very popular. So, when asking SNK to participate in the early period, if you asked SNK, I got a nice reply that not only Mai but another one character is OK.

Thats cool how open SNK was about it.

Done with Nyo's command training
9P, 8/2P+K with Nyo is neat

Time to look at that new Phase4

ShinMaruku

Oct 25, 2017
Lobbies will be done in conjustione with our discord and some pros will join in for some lobbies. But when Lobbies are up they will always be on saturdays with a weekday lobby maybe once or twice a month, But every Saturday the lobbies will be hosted and streamed and recorded. A lot of people have learned from them and more people joining, the better the lobbies can be. We shall also host tourneys every once in a while.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Mila and Marie Rose~ *Mwah Mwah* Best girls!

I'll probably be picking this up for Steam down the line. I look forward to seeing what costume DLC is eventually added though.

Celcius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been hyped for this all week. Looking forward to seeing how it runs on my PC at 4K.

DyByHands

Jul 16, 2018
Great OT eolz! This is the new hangout!
Yeah it unlocks for me at 3am. So I cant get in until after work tomorrow.
And for some reason amazon japan cant use my credit card? So I guess no ce for me either. Whatever.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Lobbies will be done in conjustione with our discord and some pros will join in for some lobbies. But when Lobbies are up they will always be on saturdays with a weekday lobby maybe once or twice a month, But every Saturday the lobbies will be hosted and streamed and recorded. A lot of people have learned from them and more people joining, the better the lobbies can be. We shall also host tourneys every once in a while.
And wheeerrrrreeeee is this discord?

Komarkaze

Oct 27, 2017
Nice OT!

I know about the missing tag mode, but what about Team Battle? I loved having 7 vs 7 random battles in DOA5.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
How's the pre-purchase bonus work? I cannot even purchase it before the date given on Steam.
Edit: Hold, up. March 31st. Man, I need some coffee.

Liferebooted

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Finally an OT :D So I'll ask here, got the game from Amazon today, also got an email with the code forNyotengu, anyone else not able to redeem theirs?

Bobcats

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the title's a bit plain, but I'm excited for the game and hoping individual costumes will be sold on PC this time.

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Nice OT!

I know about the missing tag mode, but what about Team Battle? I loved having 7 vs 7 random battles in DOA5.
It's gone unfortunately.
Tag mode was removed for power reasons apparently (don't be surprised if it's back in the PS5/X4 version).
How's the pre-purchase bonus work? I cannot even purchase it before the date given on Steam.
Edit: Hold, up. March 31st. Man, I need some coffee.
There's no preorder on Steam, so those bonuses will be available for two weeks there.

edit:
Finally an OT :D So I'll ask here, got the game from Amazon today, also got an email with the code forNyotengu, anyone else not able to redeem theirs?
Depending on your region, it might be worth waiting until it's unlocked on PSN. Try again in a few hours?

pompo

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes these things aren't redeemable until the actual release date, so it's possible you won't be able to redeem it until tomorrow when digital goes up.