• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I might get online here and there. I mean, the only thing is that I'll probably get it for Xbox.
As with every other fighting game with it as an option, PS4 would be a much better option if online longevity will be a factor.
That wouldn't make any sense, though, since Rachel, Momiji, and Mai were all in DOA5LR eventually.
And that "but they're NG characters" crap that TN tried to go with as justification for why they're not here now sure as hell had no bearing on making them voting options for DoAX3, where there were no actual guest characters eligible. Like I said before, nothing but an excuse to sell them extra to people as future DLC.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
I was just fighting Zack and out of no where he pulls a Cyclops from the X-Men and blasts me with eye lasers. Major "lol, what the fuck" moment right there.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
[QUOTE="Luminaire, post: 18704502, member:
Also, there's no way to upgrade to the Deluxe version if I have physical, right?[/QUOTE]
Will be available later, like 2 months from now or more.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
While I'm sure the first one is a bug, someone one found some interesting tech in that ship stage.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
Brad Wong has long been the most infuriating character for me to play against. That laying on the ground destorying me asshole just pisses me off so much. I also watch a lot of NJPW and now I have a deeper appreciation for the Minoru Suzuki and Tetsuya Naito feud, because holy shit it's just that.

Me, every time

qVO0dgb.gif

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Brad Wong has long been the most infuriating character for me to play against. That laying on the ground destorying me asshole just pisses me off so much. I also watch a lot of NJPW and now I have a deeper appreciation for the Minoru Suzuki and Tetsuya Naito feud, because holy shit it's just that.

Me, every time

qVO0dgb.gif
Lmfao I need to play more brad Wong

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
What am I supposed to do on the tutorial mission that says 'perform 2 break holds from fatal stun'

Nothing. I was just about to make a rage post about it myself. In my countless attempts, Ayane used her special on me only once. And you would need her and Hayate to do at least two instances of it to clear the quest objective. Maybe if RNG favors you it will happen, but after 20 or so tries of begging them to do it, I am done.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017

Me, every time

qVO0dgb.gif

Yeah he's kinda rough to play against with someone who is good with him. Thankfully I haven't seen many online.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Does this have the thing for Vs mode that DoA5 had where if you had a random opponent and/or stage, whenever you hit fight again it'll random them again?

Also, trying to decide PS4 or PC. Won't be really playing online, dunno how the optimization for PC is.

Oct 27, 2017
Does this have the thing for Vs mode that DoA5 had where if you had a random opponent and/or stage, whenever you hit fight again it'll random them again?

Also, trying to decide PS4 or PC. Won't be really playing online, dunno how the optimization for PC is.
I've havent had any problems with the PC version. i5 8400 16GB RAM 1060 6GB

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is the first fighting game where I dare to play online, and I buy all fighting games. I usually just dabble in single player/arcade mode.

I won 70% of my matches! Ranked in the top 1000 on PS4. Or maybe that's the rank for my current grade?

I know the general commands and moves of Nico, but I'm mostly just winging it. Fun times.

It really makes me wish I could play previous DOA games on current digital storefronts. This game made me nostalgic for them. Is there any demand for DOA2 on Xbox BC?

Augemitbutter

Oct 25, 2017
any special trick to score high in this game? i'm stuck at some survival quest with tina, i think they want 700.000 score or something.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Runs like a dream on my PC, having a blast. I just need to remember how to play Bayman and Rig.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Finally have all the costumes I wanted to unlock. There are 2 color variants I'd prefer, but that's all folks.

Steam reports 48 hours played.

Dood

Oct 27, 2017
Sooo, did anyone else notice the word "c**t" written three times on one of the walls in the "Unforgettable" stage near the bar?

Don't want to post a screenshot for obvious reasons.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
My buddy Eliot looks a lot more determined in DOA6! :D

47294933732_e1587b8c27_o.png

47294933402_66595776d5_o.png

47294933842_c77d0380cf_o.png

47294933612_df919ea2f0_o.png

This one is pretty funny, biting his lip, lol:

46432656105_b9b01e3a7c_o.png

Photos taken by me in photo mode. :)

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Nyoutengo really needs to be reigned in a bit. She just has too many tools at her disposal to get my sodium levels flowing.

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing. I was just about to make a rage post about it myself. In my countless attempts, Ayane used her special on me only once. And you would need her and Hayate to do at least two instances of it to clear the quest objective. Maybe if RNG favors you it will happen, but after 20 or so tries of begging them to do it, I am done.
I tried for 15 minutes and couldn't land even one, but I'm not sure if I'm understanding what the game is asking for.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
The more I play, the more I'd like them to reduce damage of stage hazards. And for them to change the starting angle of the museum stage to not have fences right behind you but to the side.

I tried for 15 minutes and couldn't land even one, but I'm not sure if I'm understanding what the game is asking for.

The first hit of the opponent's special attack will put you into fatal stun. Then you break hold. Easy in theory, only the AI insists on never using the special despite full meter.

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Now that I'm finally playing, some stuff to say that is not new for those already used to it :p
- The Quest missions are really depending a lot on if the AI will do the stuff you need or not, leading to restarting some missions multiple times for a simple task.
- AI feels indeed a bit worse than in 5.
- I really like the gauge system now, even though I didn't at first. It's well balanced.
- some weird framerate issues in Survival mode (nothing elsewhere, I'm on regular PS4)
- Photo mode is way cooler than I expected
- I don't regret getting the deluxe edition, the wrestling outfits are cool lol

Anyway, been focused on using Tina online, it's been mostly fun outside of a few really unstable connections. Only got a 7 win rank unfortunately. And yeah, what's up with people declining even when the connection is great and they're winning? Also, can you select custom outfits quickly in online mode, as it seems I have to remake it when I select a character?

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
This game is peanuts in Mexico :0 Bought the deluxe version. Won't be able to play until I go back home next weekend, though, I'm on vacation.

Is the PC port generally good?

ryu_highabusa

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
Brad Wong has long been the most infuriating character for me to play against. That laying on the ground destorying me asshole just pisses me off so much
Pick a grappler and 3T (low offensive hold) and 66T (high offensive hold). There's other character specific OHs but those two commands are pretty universal iirc. Low OHs basically neuter Brad Wong; he was absolute bottom tier in DOA4 when everyone had a low OH, it was sooooo bad. lol But yeah, I would recommend practicing just throwing OHs out cause they're kind of weird and take some getting used to but super handy once you know how to really abuse them.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Balancing the game with patches affects the game in meaningful ways. Those decisions are made in the interest of making the game more fair, not more fun. What's fair and what's fun are two very different things.

Do you agree that holds do in fact inherently balance the game? Should the non-grappler characters have equal frame time for throws as the grappler characters? When is a game balanced 'enough'? I think it's balanced enough on release day unless there's something very wrong with it that significantly affects enjoying the game for the majority of players.

1. You completely ignored my question.
  2. Most casual players don't even know the game has changed or been balanced. It's really only noticeable at much higher skill levels. Again I go back to my example. If Team Ninja gave Mila a safe, mid tracking option, you wouldn't know the difference. Most casual players don't even bother going into training mode and finding out what tracks or doesn't track.
  3. No, holds do not balance the game at all. You could possibly make a weak argument toward that if all holds were equal, but they're not. Holds are essentially the DOA equivalent of a comeback mechanic and don't balance the game. It's just like every character having a super in SF doesn't balance that game.
  4. A fighting game is almost never balanced on release day. In fact, most people would be shocked if a fighting game released in a relatively balanced state.
DOA tries to offer an alternative for balance by making a vast majority of the gameplay revolve around guessing. However, even with that, balance really only matters at a high level of play. Anyone not playing at that level won't feel the impact of most balance changes and won't know if a game is balanced or not.

What are opinions of pro doa players on DOA6?

Are there non casual reviews on youtube?

Some of the pro players really like it, others don't like the new sidestep or Break Blow/Holds because it removes a small amount of the guessing and they like the game to be 99% guess work instead of 90% guess work (yomi, reading the opponent, whatever you want to call it).

The new side step mechanic is fucking ass

The sidestep is fine. I'd actually like to see it buffed, but you'd have to make some system changes to add a real sidestep to DOA, so I understand why we have what we have.

The problem is that Team Ninja did not go through each character's move list to see how an evasive sidestep would effect their gameplay. That has caused a big imbalance with some characters losing a lot because of the new sidestep.

I would've much rather they pushed Nyotengu and Phase 4 to post-launch DLC and left some time to really make the characters feel like they're in DOA6 and not DOA5.5. On average, each character only has about 2-3 new attacks with some minor adjustments to properties (completely unrelated to the new step). If they had added maybe 10 new moves and adjusted tracking on older moves, I think the game would work much better with the sidestep (and overall).

I hate it because it does too much and has so few punish opportunities. Nearly impossible to punish online. Just should not be on characters like Nico and Ayane

Are you on wifi? I agree that this is some of the worst netcode I've seen in a fighting game, but I can punish SS attacks 90% of the time. I'm not getting max punishment, but I can get my i7 throw every time. If you can't punish it, then just use a tracking move or throw if you anticipate a SS is coming.

As far as too much damage... the damage was nerfed from the TGS build to release. It now does less damage than most neutral throws (normal hit) and counters. That's not taking into account counter or hi-counter damage either.

As I said above, the game is not balanced around SS at all. But even under these conditions, I don't agree with your statements.

My god the delay based netcode is so fuck awful

I don't think the issue is delay. SC and Tekken use delay-based netcode and they're 10x better than DOA6 netcode. I think it's a combination of bad netcode, the crazy input buffer that's been in DOA for awhile, and the low recovery on a lot of attacks in DOA.

Most people don't rematch, so arcade mode is a lot more reliable

What rank are you? I find that most of the people I play rematch, even when I stomp them. It's not everyone, but a vast majority for sure. For the most part, it seems as though if I randomly get matched against anyone below a B, there's a higher chance they won't rematch. But otherwise it's almost always a rematch.

As a Nyotengu main, I hope they don't nerf her hehe
But her wind attack does do serious damage and have serious range though

She was buffed from DOA5LR to DOA6. Not sure why she was buffed when most other characters were hardly touched, but they need to bring her back down. She's especially annoying online when you can't react to anything.

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
  1. You completely ignored my question.
  2. Most casual players don't even know the game has changed or been balanced. It's really only noticeable at much higher skill levels. Again I go back to my example. If Team Ninja gave Mila a safe, mid tracking option, you wouldn't know the difference. Most casual players don't even bother going into training mode and finding out what tracks or doesn't track.
  3. No, holds do not balance the game at all. You could possibly make a weak argument toward that if all holds were equal, but they're not. Holds are essentially the DOA equivalent of a comeback mechanic and don't balance the game. It's just like every character having a super in SF doesn't balance that game.
  4. A fighting game is almost never balanced on release day. In fact, most people would be shocked if a fighting game released in a relatively balanced state.
DOA tries to offer an alternative for balance by making a vast majority of the gameplay revolve around guessing. However, even with that, balance really only matters at a high level of play. Anyone not playing at that level won't feel the impact of most balance changes and won't know if a game is balanced or not.

You're disagreeing that holds have a significant impact on balancing the roster? Then you're disagreeing with one of the core concepts of DOA. I'm not sure how or why, but you are.

My point seems to be going right by you. The point is that balancing and restricting here and there in the interest of fairness impacts how fun the game is to pick up and play. It's fun to abuse a borderline broken advantage that a character might have. A novice player might have some early success with the game and find that rewarding until learning the game a bit more. That's something that might draw new players into the game. Maybe it's not fair and high level players might not like it, so it would get nerfed. It wouldn't be nerfed to make the game more fun, it would be nerfed because high level players complained that it was unfair. If it consequently makes the game better for whatever reason, then fine. But that's not the motivation for the nerf.