• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Playing Ayane I haven't seen any new poses but there are definitely new lines, there's a different version of the kasumi dialogue

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm getting too many online battles where the other person is exploiting a single move combination. Usually something that pushes me back followed by a range attack that hits me just as I get up.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
The first part of the wedding dlc should be there tomorrow. You can already see the costumes locked in the game.

I really wish with new Season Passes going out for 6, they would do a massive flash sale on Season Passes for Last Round. So many of those costumes were so great, and I haven't picked up a lot of them. Wish every SP was like 75% off, like goodbye DOA5LR! Even without the major additions, the roster still feels better in 5 at the moment.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't get this to run at 60fps on my laptop. It doesn't matter what settings, what resolution, it stays at 50-55fps. I've forced it it to run through the dedicated gpu. Still nothing works.

Any ideas?

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
wedding costume set page is up on steam. They really need to sort out thisDLC shit. Not gonna pay $20 when I only want 2 of them

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I hope the DLC costumes will be avaialble for single purchases (and not just a bundle) on PS4 as I'm not intersted in buying costumes for characters I don't play. IIRC they did that for DOA5 LR. Because right now I'm only interested in the wedding dress for my main NiCO.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the DLC costumes will be avaialble for single purchases (and not just a bundle) on PS4 as I'm not intersted in buying costumes for characters I don't play. IIRC they did that for DOA5 LR. Because right now I'm only interested in the wedding dress for my main NiCO.
yea I have a decent chunk of costumes on PS4 for last round all bought individually. Not buying any for 6 unless they get them sorted out.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Too much money in it not to make sure that they can be bought separately again. Only a matter of time.

Oct 25, 2017
Too much money in it not to make sure that they can be bought separately again.
most likely not actually the case, considering they are sold individually on xbone. Seems to be an issue they are having with sony and steam. Possibly a policy change from sony after the breadth of dlc from 5? 5 on PC was already bundles only

Irregardless, it needs changed.

Deleted member 16025

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have the Xbox One digital deluxe version AND the season pass. I can see the wedding dresses (not all the women have them, wtf?) but they are locked with the DLC tag on them despite me owning the pass. What gives?

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I expected Core Fighters soon, but certainly not this soon. Some of the character prices are glitched currently though so it looks like all of the DLC included on Steam currently is over $1000, hah.

TonyB

Banned
Feb 25, 2019
Alright. Any competent/high-level Marie Rose players here? I cant find any on Twitch/Youtube and I'm trying to understand what is so great about her enhanced holds that require an additional directional input?

Some do less damage than the base holds. Which makes them require more risky input for less reward
One of them does very little damage and spins the opponent around (I think its her high punch hold) but it seems like its negative on execution because every time I've used that against my online opponents they have had moves that still are quicker on startup to counter me.

What is the intended function for these?

Bayman main here. Not Marie Rose but holds are like 50% of my character so-

> Some do less damage than the base holds

There's generally some quid pro quo here but I don't play MR so can't really say...

> One of them does very little damage and spins the opponent around

Getup options in this game are pretty good so returning your opponent to a standing position where they're at a frame disadvantage is actually very strong. So assuming this move factors into your previous question there's your answer- you're sacrificing immediate damage potential for the ability to do alot more against a standing opponent who now needs to eat whatever mix you have.

> What is the intended function for these?

The easiest use-case for advance holds is definitely when you're expecting a getup kick. In my case since I have advanced holds for low and medium kicks I might as well be throwing away damage if I don't go for them.

EDIT

> but it seems like its negative on execution

Always check the frame data! Sometimes it's lag that causes you to lose out when you're +. Knowing about frame data won't stop the lag but it will let you know after a couple matches with someone whether you're under or overcompensating for your input timings based on whether you're beating out things as you should be or not.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
VYAYFKJ.png

Well that's not confusing at all....

Ghostwriter74

Oct 27, 2017
I have the Xbox One digital deluxe version AND the season pass. I can see the wedding dresses (not all the women have them, wtf?) but they are locked with the DLC tag on them despite me owning the pass. What gives?

You have to download them from the Xbox Store. Go in the Game, Wardrobe then push the Y Button.

This is Part 1 of 2 Wedding DLC Costumes. The Roadmap shows it. Part 2 will come in one or two weeks.

They can also get for 1.99 Euro each costume. No one need to invest 20 Bucks.

Deleted member 16025

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You have to download them from the Xbox Store. Go in the Game, Wardrobe then push the Y Button.

This is Part 1 of 2 Wedding DLC Costumes. The Roadmap shows it. Part 2 will come in one or two weeks.

They can also get for 1.99 Euro each costume. No one need to invest 20 Bucks.
Update*
I went and looked again and there's no way to reach the store from within the game in the area you described. The only way on Xbox (in-game) is to wait for the main menu news banner to slide to the third panel where it advertises the costumes for Nico and Nyo. When I press Y, I can get to the store page but then it doesn't recognize that I own the pass already unless I try buying it again. There's also no listing for the wedding costumes whatsoever.

It's weird. It's broken right now on Xbox.

Last edited:

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
They fixed fullscreen on the PC, only now it's doing the thing it did when i switched it over to borderless to fix the resolution being somewhat cropped and the image just looks a bit crushed/saturated. Colors aren't incorrectly displayed or anything, everything just looks a bit darker.

Also, the whole mix sounds louder? I keep my headphones at the same level and I just had to turn everything down to 50.

Also season pass aint working yet for costumes, or am I missing some catalogue thing like DOA5LR had?

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018
They fixed fullscreen on the PC, only now it's doing the thing it did when i switched it over to borderless to fix the resolution being somewhat cropped and the image just looks a bit crushed/saturated. Colors aren't incorrectly displayed or anything, everything just looks a bit darker.

Also, the whole mix sounds louder? I keep my headphones at the same level and I just had to turn everything down to 50.

Also season pass aint working yet for costumes, or am I missing some catalogue thing like DOA5LR had?
Costumes will unlock tomorrow.

TonyB

Banned
Feb 25, 2019
I'm quite frustrated with the game's online experience. I feel the best course of actions is players on WiFi should not count towards any ranked standings. There is absolutely no point of giving a rank to a wi-fi warrior.

At the very least give a search option to exclude wi-fi players. I can un-match with them but it'd definitely be quicker to not have to do this.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Just checked US PSN. The wedding costumes aren't available yet. Seems like they are already purchasable on EU PSN, however (in addition to single fighters and fighters in a bundle for the F2P version). Unfortunately no single wedding costumes, you can only purchase the bundle. That's bollocks, Koei Tecmo! I'm not spending $20 to get a bundle of costumes for characters I don't play. What the hell... Now I'm mad. Not only did NiCO only get 2 additional costumes with the base game when (not counting the deluxe edition or the season pass one), they also expect me to purchase expensive bundles just to get one costume for the character I play.

I really like the game. It's fun and plays so well. But the whole "costume pattern" unlocking and the DLC policy (seriously, you offered single costumes for purchase with DOA5LR) is really frustrating... I guess I could've saved a lot of money if I knew they would release the F2P version just 2 weeks after release. After all one character is just $4 -- and I'm currently only playing one character...

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
most likely not actually the case, considering they are sold individually on xbone. Seems to be an issue they are having with sony and steam. Possibly a policy change from sony after the breadth of dlc from 5? 5 on PC was already bundles only

Irregardless, it needs changed.
Hm, would be odd to be the only actively supported fighting game on PS4 without the option to buy outfits individually (and very foolish from a business standpoint). Nuts to buying bundles full of outfits I don't want when 5:LR and everything else lets me pick and choose.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New costume thing is nice now, finally getting costumes for characters I play. Would be saltier about F2P launching right now if I didnt get such a deal on the game.

Oct 25, 2017
the wedding costumes are coming in two volumes as well, so if you happen to play 2 characters and they are in separate bundles...$40 to get the 2 costumes you want......................................................................

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
Just updated the game to be greeted by this strange bug. Updating my drivers did the trick though. I'm only spoiling the image because looking at it makes me nauseous to look at after a while.

N2Yi7TJ.jpg

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
the wedding costumes are coming in two volumes as well, so if you happen to play 2 characters and they are in separate bundles...$40 to get the 2 costumes you want......................................................................

That's riduculous, seriously. I wouldn't be so salty about this if they would offer the costumes for single purchase on every platform and not just on Xbox One. I really want to know why this is the case. Obviously some store policies or something. But if they offered it in the past (on PSN at least), I don't really see why they couldn't now. Street Fighter 5 is also selling single costumes, although you have to access the PSN store via the game to actually see them (the regular storefront only shows the bundles). I guess there's hope that it might be the case here too? I highly doubt it, though. Come to think of it: When I tried to access the PSN store from inside the game (via the main menu, when the menu showed a button prompt to go to PSN to buy the season pass) I always got a connection error for whatever reason and couldn't access it. I wonder why that is. I was actually looking forward to hopping online with a new costume this weekend. Guess that won't be the case then...

Last edited: