• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DyByHands

Jul 16, 2018
DOA5 taught me my lesson with dlc costumes. So I am pretty indifferent with this new mess.
Im game fir characters and stages though.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Got my Fighting Commander in and its fucking great for this game. The d-pad just feels so much better. Been playing alot of Tina but im almost ready to play other characters. Really having a ton of fun playing this game casually online.

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
If it is due to a Sony policy, there's no issue at all to state that fact. What issue would Sony have with this?
I've just said the reason why in previous posts.
It's the same as when devs couldn't say crossplay was Sony's issue in the past, or for other policy issues. Platform holders are pretty important for small-mid tier publishers.
Ok, let's say I believe that for a second. Let's say somehow I believe that sony is okay with both selling the season pass and the dlc but only if its bundled.

What about steam/pc?

Edit

o look what i found

nbjcm4yfupn21.png
"What about Steam/PC"
It's the same policy as for DOA5, as said earlier. This one is really unsurprising.

Good news that they've asked the HQ, as they've had replies in the past.
is that twitter messages? we should just keep spamming them honestly
Spamming is a good way to have them closing their DMs and never replying anymore.
Just ask from time to time.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Having already bought Mai once back in 5:LR (and not all that long ago in my case), who already didn't come cheap by character DLC standards and never went on sale either, I question whether I really want to do so again. Interest in the other KoF character will depend entirely upon whom they pick (since the collaboration cites XIV specifically and I don't expect a male character, I have two guesses based both on who got promoted in SNK Heroines and TN's own past wallpaper crossovers, though I'm still really questioning the odds of one of those in particular).

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Same here, except it was fine yesterday but since this morning games are mostly a lag fest...

Does anyone know a good deal for the Deluxe Edition on Steam btw? I've tried looking but I'm not very good at finding this stuff (only found the regular version basically)
Deluxe seems to be only sold on Humble and Steam, both at -10%.
Regular edition (+ Nyotengu) seems to be the cheapest on green man gaming at -27% off.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Does character rank matter much for who you get matched with in ranked? My Brad is kinda high up on PC, so when I swapped to other characters I noticed I was being matched with much easier opponents.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Does character rank matter much for who you get matched with in ranked? My Brad is kinda high up on PC, so when I swapped to other characters I noticed I was being matched with much easier opponents.

In my experience, no. I was switching characters around B rank and seemed to be fighting against the same level of comp. At this point I'm S- and I'm about to switch to a brand new character. I expect to get stomped down to A+ rank because they game doesn't have separate character ranks like it should.

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok the online went completely down the shitter now.
I suddenly only get one bar connections and if I ever find one with five bars it still feels like one bar.

My connection is fine, did several speed tests, everything looks normal.

Playing on Steam btw

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh and I've started missing inputs left and right, anyone else experiencing this?

I mean if anyone's still playing, this game literally seems more Dead than Alive right now lol

Augemitbutter

Oct 25, 2017
i don't have many issues with the connection atm, i stick to wired players most of the time. sometimes the matches just stop and i just wait in training. not sure if this is some online issue or people just dropping off.

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Personally I played a bit less due to other games coming out (like Sekiro), and waiting for lobbies.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I played like 5 matches online last night and had 3 great matches and 2 (with the same person) that were lag-fest and unplayable. I had fun on the other 3 though.
Ah, well ok, it's just weird to me when I started playing online a week ago (Core Fighters) I had nearly no issues even 1 bar matches were good to ok, and now even 5 bars can be lagging real bad.

I get it not everyone will have the same issues, it's just such an apparent change...

Also there must be some dude on Steam who does nothing but decline 5 bar matches lol, so annoying

"A new challenger appears"

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Oh and I've started missing inputs left and right, anyone else experiencing this?

I mean if anyone's still playing, this game literally seems more Dead than Alive right now lol

The game definitely eats inputs. It's more noticeable online, but it does happen offline. I think the crazy long input buffer is at least partially to blame for this.

Ah, well ok, it's just weird to me when I started playing online a week ago (Core Fighters) I had nearly no issues even 1 bar matches were good to ok, and now even 5 bars can be lagging real bad.

I get it not everyone will have the same issues, it's just such an apparent change...

Also there must be some dude on Steam who does nothing but decline 5 bar matches lol, so annoying

There is something weird with your connection because anything 3 bars and under is a lagfest for me. I can understand people being fine with 4-5 bar connections (which are not at all competitive imo), but I don't see how a 1 bar could be even remotely playable.

As for people declining matches, from my experience it's mainly due to the fact that when you enter training mode, challenges are on by default (unlike most other fighters where it's off by default). So people don't realize it's on (or don't know you can turn it off at the controller select screen) and then immediately decline the match that pops up.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017

I have seen same on PS4

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I played a bit of Venus Vacation. I do not hate it anywhere near as much as I thought, but it is still a trashy mobile game on PC. It also just reminds me of how much I miss DOAX1. Team Ninja really does not understand what made that game great.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
DoAX3 was really fun, the volleyball was easy and entertaining, DOAXVV won't be fun though since you don't actually "play" it.

s_mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Birmingham, UK
I dont understand why they wouldnt just port XTreme 3 to PC now.

Because that would make sense, and KT prove time and time again that their approach, especially on PC, is to make as many ass backward decisions as possible. Their Dead or Alive 6 DLC policy is leaving money on the table by being essentially "whales only" (but only on PC, and PS4 outside of Asia), they region lock Venus Vacation despite translating it into English because reasons, and they don't port DoAX3 or release it outside of Asia on consoles again because reasons.

I've given up trying to make sense of their decisions, and it sounds like their branches outside of Japan know that they're nonsensical too.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Shared over on FreeStepDodge:

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Unfortunately, we have no plan to sell the costumes individually on PS4 and Steam, in the future.
However, we will carefully review your input and will share and consider your reports to the relevant department in charge of the product.

About our new products, please check the following URL for a new announcement.
http://www.koeitecmoamerica.com/
http://www.koeitecmoeurope.com/

We would like to close our correspondence for your inquiry. "

Yep, I'm going to entirely boycott any DOA6 DLC. If you too are upset by their decision I suggest you do the same to send a polite but very clear message.

Oct 25, 2017
I already dont like guest characters so skipping buying Mai and whoever else from KOF is super easy anyway, and skipping costumes, well they are making it easy for me. So its not even boycotting purposefully for me, its just not buying cuz I dont like what they are selling.

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
I already dont like guest characters so skipping buying Mai and whoever else from KOF is super easy anyway, and skipping costumes, well they are making it easy for me. So its not even boycotting purposefully for me, its just not buying cuz I dont like what they are selling.
Yeah it's not boycott if you weren't interested anyway :p

This is a mess, they shouldn't have released it, so stupid.

Well that's really disappointing. Given the wording, I'm wondering if there's a specific platform that is making it worse (and not sure they should release it per platform). As said elsewhere, the game was rushed for the yearly financial results, not for esports or anything else.
Wonder what will be the balance changes.

The only thing that is keeping me optimistic is that the update is 1.03b, not 1.04, so I'm guessing they're planning it for mid-april max (potentially next week, with one week in case they're not ready).

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Yeah, they deserve an intense amount of backlash for this. Somehow they were able to launch several DLC packs and a full on F2P version all before lobbies were ready? How can they think this is acceptable?

Damn, this game is depressing. The foundation is absolutely there for it to be the best DOA ever but Koei Tecmo's priorities are just completely out of touch. Hope they can turn it around but I think fans are getting ready to move onto another series at this point. I suggest Soul Calibur VI, personally!

"Dear Customer,

Unfortunately, we have no plan to sell the costumes individually on PS4 and Steam, in the future.
However, we will carefully review your input and will share and consider your reports to the relevant department in charge of the product.

Yep, I'm going to entirely boycott any DOA6 DLC. If you too are upset by their decision I suggest you do the same to send a polite but very clear message.
Does that include the characters? If you just do not purchase anything else for the game I think they might get the wrong message that you want no additional content at all.

Driver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

"Dear Customer,

Who did you email? I'd like to send an inquiry of my own.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
I want to say I'm surprised, but I'm reaaallly not. This is the company who put out absurdly overpriced DLC without any real content available in it yet, as well as a F2P version 2 weeks after retail release (Which wasn't even given a clear release date, but bascially stealth dropped), but can't have lobbies (a BASIC FUCKING ESSENTIAL for a online fighting game) ready at launch.

I'd have never bought this game had I known how much Tecmo/Team Ninja was going to fuck up things post-launch, even as much as I love DOA. How they think not having lobbies ready at launch, much less more than a month out, is just laughable.