• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol bug fixes but no lobbies...

Wanna bet those fixes are removing the actual lobby glitch from the Steam version?

PS: 663.2MB (Steam)

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
The update is live but no patch notes yet, when I started the game I suddenly unlocked 90 costumes!

Maybe they added the extra points to the previous ones without the update? Maybe added the points that got wasted? Anyway, that was good, they need to increase the money by 10 now though.

Patch 1.03a
OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR

Phase 4 is now apparently available for purchase for everyone.
All wedding costumes are now out (lots of replies about buying costumes individually by users now).

Detailed 1.03a patchnotes here.
Summary:
- Added "DOA6 Happy Wedding Costumes Vol.2".
- Added functionality to purchase additional content from the WARDROBE.
- Adjusted drawing method of awarded costume pattern parts in DOA Quest and the response in case of exceeding necessary quantity.
- Added a feature to the costume pattern part distribution in DOA Quest, allowing players to re-acquire parts by using a new drawing method.
- Adjusted game balance.
- Corrected various bugs and issues.
1.03b will be the lobby patch (not 1.04).

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Lol, either KT or Sony EU fucked up as usual.
The Wedding pack volume 2 is not free for season pass owners at the moment (the volume 1 was, and 2 is supposed to be).

Don't think it's the case for other regions, but obviously don't buy it if you have the season pass.

edit: interestingly with the new update, you can buy DLC costumes from the wardrobe.
In PSN EU regions, it says "failed to acquire information", which leads me to think this is done to buy costumes individually. Could someone on X1 (or JP PSN) confirm?
Also wonder how it works on PC. My guess is that they want to implement a system ala SFV basically (so you'll be able to buy costumes individually).

Last edited:

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The latest patch notes for PS4 claim Pro graphics mode was finally implemented. Here's a screen comparison with the patch installed:

performance mode:
32550359967_dd0127d835_o.png

"graphics mode":
47492362671_84799b2f68_o.png

As you can see there is no difference at all. The same jaggy 1080p mess as before. I honestly believe nothing they are telling us at this point. They probably think if they put Pro enhancement in the patch notes some gullible people will surely swallow the placebo. In other forums I saw people already swallowing it. They saw better aa and less overexposure in stages. On the topic of the overexposure:

32550359517_6b35e2278c_o.png

It's causing me headaches just to look at it.

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
The latest patch notes for PS4 claim Pro graphics mode was finally implemented. Here's a screen comparison with the patch installed:

performance mode:
32550359967_dd0127d835_o.png

"graphics mode":
47492362671_84799b2f68_o.png

As you can see there is no difference at all. The same jaggy 1080p mess as before. I honestly believe nothing they are telling us at this point. They probably think if they put Pro enhancement in the patch notes some gullible people will surely swallow the placebo. In other forums I saw people already swallowing it. They saw better aa and less overexposure in stages. On the topic of the overexposure:

32550359517_6b35e2278c_o.png

It's causing me headaches just to look at it.
"Adjusted the graphics" (both for the pro's graphics and any platform) doesn't mean it's been implemented at all.
Like the previous patch, it just means they've changed some settings (better or worse). It's vague, but it certainly doesn't mean anything else.
It'd be more interesting to see differences with the previous patch rather than something that was never said to be patched.

edit: anyway again, hope that anyone with an X1 or JP PSN can confirm what I've said in my previous post.

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Still no individual costumes available in Steam.
Can you check which behaviour happens when you try to buy one via the wardrobe? Is that an ingame message like on EU PSN (can't find information), or does it try to open a Steam window via the overlay (like SFV)? If it's the latter, I think they're thinking about implementing that at least (and just half-assed/unpolished/not ready for implementation yet like the lobbies).

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
When I try to buy a costume, I get an in-game menu that right now only allows me to buy either the season pass or whatever bundle the costume belongs to. No error message, no Steam overlay.

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
When I try to buy a costume, I get an in-game menu that right now only allows me to buy either the season pass or whatever bundle the costume belongs to. No error message, no Steam overlay.
Interesting, thanks.
Looks like they don't plan on adding that possibility on Steam then (whereas EU PSN behaves as if they wanted to let the user buy the costume individually like on JP PSN).

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
Interesting, thanks.
Looks like they don't plan on adding that possibility on Steam then (whereas EU PSN behaves as if they wanted to let the user buy the costume individually like on JP PSN).
For what it's worth, I did get the Steam overlay when selecting either of the costume packs. So the infrastructure is there, the question is if Koei Tecmo will make the individual costumes available.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/DeadOrAlive/comments/b6cum9/me_and_my_friend_just_tested_something_and_we/

My friends lives right next door and we both have a PS4 with Dead or Alive 6 and we did a little test.

First I started quitting right as I was about to die. I think I managed to leave 5 match in a row before the "hidden" system started to kick in. After the 5th match all of sudden I couldn't find a single match, I tried changing the connection quality to "Any" but it didn't change anything, I also restarted the game, tried re-queuing, nothing. What's interesting is that my friend who lives next door was still getting match back to back like usual. Interesting.

What's also interesting is that after waiting like 10 minutes for a match with the "any" filter I finally got into a match. The match starts, I'm about to win and boom the other guy rage quitted, lol. After that the only match I could find was against him, I was constantly getting matched with him and he was constantly rage quitting on me. After 3-4 match against the same rage quitter I got stuck waiting in queue again, I guess he stopped playing? Anyway, back in queue, waiting forever while my friend is getting match no problem. I'm starting to get worry here, am I banned? After another 10 minutes I get another match and guess what? Another rage quitter and I keep getting matched with him. This is fishy. Anyway, after playing 4-5 matches without leaving it seems like I was back into the normal queue, I stopped getting matched with rage quitter and queue were near instant again.

It was an interesting experience, I really think there's some sort of hidden system against rage quitter. I'm not willing to try again though because I don't want to get stuck in some sort of perma rage quitter queue.

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm reading on the Steam forums a lot about connection problems, like people mostly find 1 bars only... seems almost like a bug in the netcode?

I've also noticed this a couple of days ago I suddenly only started to get laggy matches. Before that mostly every match I played was fine, even against oversea connections, which is why I stopped playing for now.

It's kinda sad cause I know in theory it works and the actual fighting was fun...

It's also not the first fighter I'm experiencing this, everything works fine on release then gets some "patches" and the online is suddenly trash...

I really wonder what's going on with that, and frankly I'm pretty sure this isn't an isolated problem (as I see people complain about the exact same issue often) and that's probably also one if not "the" reason fighting games popularity is dwindling.

I just don't get why this happens obviously, developers sabotaging their own games or utter incompetence, it doesn't make sense either way?

Yet it repeatedly happens...

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
They said April precisely so no one could complain if it released the second week of april (which I believe will be the case looking at their patch release schedule so far) instead of the first one.

edit:

Last edited:

TonyB

Banned
Feb 25, 2019
Dropping this game. Intentionally bad balance. Ridiculous input latency. Still no lobbies (this being the nail in the coffin)

... I'm more sad than mad, honestly ;-;

ShinMaruku

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I would like these developers to say is never to have a roadmap because it's mostly marketing bullshit, instead say they are working on it then prove it by release content promptly. I hope Koei has learned that rushing this game for whatever insane reason was not to benefit.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
One thing I would like these developers to say is never to have a roadmap because it's mostly marketing bullshit, instead say they are working on it then prove it by release content promptly. I hope Koei has learned that rushing this game for whatever insane reason was not to benefit.

I'm pretty sure they wanted in on esports and having a tour ready for the beginning of the year.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017

It was released before the end of March because that's when the fiscal year ends. There was no way the game was going to get delayed beyond March because it would have too much of a financial impact.

I'm pretty sure they wanted in on esports and having a tour ready for the beginning of the year.

This is not the case at all. The first tournament in the world tour is April 20. They could've delayed a solid month and still be around with plenty of time before that event. It was a financial decision. Nothing more, nothing less.

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Hopefully thread is revived with a new update this upcoming week (as it's been bi-monthly so far)!
It was released before the end of March because that's when the fiscal year ends. There was no way the game was going to get delayed beyond March because it would have too much of a financial impact.

This is not the case at all. The first tournament in the world tour is April 20. They could've delayed a solid month and still be around with plenty of time before that event. It was a financial decision. Nothing more, nothing less.
Thank you ahah. That's what I keep saying.

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I still think DOA6 would be a better game if honoka and Marie rose were deleted from existence. So that April fools joke wasn't very funny to me 😒

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017

This^

DyByHands

Jul 16, 2018
I wish there would be substantial updates, like stages and new moves, but I feel like that may not happen. Just waiting around for new characters. If I remember right the KOF fighters are "scheduled" for june.

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
DOA6 feels like it's missing half it's content and still in the beta phase. They added 2 characters total and reused huge chunks of stage assets for the first time in series history. The 2 stages added in DOA5LR were just updated with some new danger zones.

DOA5 launched with 6 new characters(Sarah, Akira, Mila, Jelly Kasumi, Rig, Pai)

DOA5U added 4 characters(Rachel, Leon, Ein, and Momiji).

DOA5LR added About 7 (Marie Rose, Huge tit Marie Rose, Tengu with tits, Mai, some KT chick, hard mode Kasumi, and Raidou)

DOA4 added Lisa, Kokoro, Eliot, and Master Chief. (Launch title)

DOA3 added Hayate, Christie, Brad Wong and Hitomi.(also launch title)

DOA6 added smart Marie Rose with lightning and the other one.

I could list the stages, but it would be even bigger embarrassment.

DOA2U added lobbies to the fucking genre. DOA6 completely devoid. They all pushed the graphics on their respective systems in some form with 60fps and had tag in place.

DyByHands

Jul 16, 2018
DOA6 feels like it's missing half it's content and still in the beta phase. They added 2 characters total and reused huge chunks of stage assets for the first time in series history. The 2 stages added in DOA5LR were just updated with some new danger zones.

DOA5 launched with 6 new characters(Sarah, Akira, Mila, Jelly Kasumi, Rig, Pai)

DOA5U added 4 characters(Rachel, Leon, Ein, and Momiji).

DOA5LR added About 7 (Marie Rose, Huge tit Marie Rose, Tengu with tits, Mai, some KT chick, hard mode Kasumi, and Raidou)

DOA4 added Lisa, Kokoro, Eliot, and Master Chief. (Launch title)

DOA3 added Hayate, Christie, Brad Wong and Hitomi.(also launch title)

DOA6 added smart Marie Rose with lightning and the other one.

I could list the stages, but it would be even bigger embarrassment.

DOA2U added lobbies to the fucking genre. DOA6 completely devoid. They all pushed the graphics on their respective systems in some form with 60fps and had tag in place.
Yup, all this. Its pretty crazy and kind of sad.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I would've never believed you if you told me that after just a month of the release of a brand new DOA game I'd be feeling ice cold in regards to it. I'm basically done with the game at this point. They messed up everything there was to mess up, alienating every group of fans in one way or another. I honestly would've never believed I'd feel like this about my prior to this game probably favorite game series.

ShinMaruku

Oct 25, 2017
The damage might be done regardless if the rush damages them too much. Time will tell how it goes. Launch was horribly managed and the focus o esports to me is just another bad decision. But we will show how it ends up.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
While I am off the game right now, lobbies would pull me right back in. It just needs to happen, and well, should have some time ago. It remains to be seen whether lobbies will be delivered this month as promised, and if DLC characters aren't going to be pushed back in response to the long list of delays.

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
With the already poor sales on top of all the other negative shit going on with the game i don't seem them supporting it anywhere near as long as they did DOA5..especially with the inevitable drop in DLC sales revenue they are going to get on PC and non-asian PSN territories since many people are not going to bother with buying entire costume bundles just to get costumes for the character they want. I just hope Leon isn't scrapped for DLC plans so they can focus on nothing but underaged loli dlc characters and their fetish costumes in a desperate attempt to salvage sales.

Last edited:

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Making people have to unlock outfits twice rather than either sticking to 5:LR's system or just requiring the new in-game currency to pick what you want, TN just having to add that idiotic parts system on top of everything that still doesn't let you choose which outfit they go to for the character you're playing, is one of the stupidest things I've witnessed in any given fighting game this gen. It's the most awful implementation of unlockable cosmetics that isn't DBFZ's loot box crap where you waste currency on random junk indefinitely in hopes of getting more colors.

ShinMaruku

Oct 25, 2017
Game was never going to ne a contender regardless of the launch. The market does not exist, will not exist. The gane is there to be enjoyed by those who get it.

It just has bad management on top of a really stupid market to be in. (GAAS)

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Making people have to unlock outfits twice rather than either sticking to 5:LR's system or just requiring the new in-game currency to pick what you want, TN just having to add that idiotic parts system on top of everything that still doesn't let you choose which outfit they go to for the character you're playing, is one of the stupidest things I've witnessed in any given fighting game this gen. It's the most awful implementation of unlockable cosmetics that isn't DBFZ's loot box crap where you waste currency on random junk indefinitely in hopes of getting more colors.

Yep, the usual DOA costume unlocking system worked so well all these years, now they had to replace it with this unbalanced garbage system. Even after they adjusted the costume pattern earnings it is still broken. I have all these costumes unlocked , but I haven't enough currency to also buy them. After unlocking just the costumes for my 3 favorite characters I simply gave up on it. The insane grind made me actually resent playing the game, not enjoing it.
If their plan with this garbage system was to entice people, who struggle to unlock in-game costumes, to rather buy the DLC costumes, then they messed up there as well by not allowing EU and US players on PS4 and PC (likely combined the largest group and l largest spenders) to buy single costumes anymore. By now we know for sure it was a Koei Tecmo Japan decision. If they thought I and many others would now be urged to buy entire packs then they thought wrong again, I'm not buying any DLC going forward and so do many others I know. And no DLC going forward means I am done with this game.

Last edited: