• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think adding the OT to the community spotlight would be nice, but let me know if you're against it.

Why not? It's also the perfect timing for the next public humiliation of the game. :)
With the newest patch they added a super lazy and awful looking tournament censoring mode to every more scantily dressed girl:

D4-xdjTU0AAcba4.jpg

D4-voh2UYAA4Qhk.jpg

This will go down well in certain circles of the internet...

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Something as lazy as it is tacky, on top of being redundant as a result of the already tame default outfits selected for eSports/broadcast suitability. As though any tournaments that will bother running the game cared enough to ask for this feature (cheesecake is the least of the FGC's complaints so much as DoA still playing like DoA), let alone would get Evo to change their minds next year.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Will tournament players even be able to play this with a straight face? This is hilariously bad. XD

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
That's an option anyway.

Seems like they increased the money after rank (not sure about the rest) by a big amount, a friend got 4600 after one match (he owns all the costumes).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
That's an option. I think it look ridiculous, but it's not like they'll ever have to use it anyway, as it seems to be an issue only for really big stuff like shown on a tv channel (lol ESPN).

1.04 patchnotes
OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Patchnotes:
- Added the costumes "Pirates of the 7 Seas Costumes Vol.1".
- Added LEADERBOARDS.
- Added new entry animations for Tina, Ayane, Lisa, and Rig.
- Added new victory animations for Honoka, Mila, Nyotengu, and Zack.
- Unlocked 15 extra DOA6 Stage BGM pieces.
- FREE TRAINING settings are no longer reset after returning from a Throwdown match.
- Implemented a feature with which, if a player has unlocked all of the costumes for characters they own, any further costume parts they obtain will be replaced with Player Points.
- As thanks for playing DEAD OR ALIVE 6 and Core Fighters, players will receive 100,000 Player Points when they launch v1.04a for the first time. (Offer available only until May 13th, 2019 15:59 JST)
- Adjusted game balance.
- Corrected various bugs and issues.

Full detailed patchnotes (balance changes etc) in the pdf here.
Also includes save replay for lobbies, Lisa hairstyle options when wearing a mask, and some graphics improvements (stage and optimization only).

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
That's an option. I think it look ridiculous, but it's not like they'll ever have to use it anyway, as it seems to be an issue only for really big stuff like shown on a tv channel (lol ESPN).
I have a hard time picturing DoA6 ever being played on TV (not trying to be even more negative, just realistic).

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
I have a hard time picturing DoA6 ever being played on TV (not trying to be even more negative, just realistic).
Yeah, sorry for not being more explicit, but that was kind of my point too.
It'll never happen so it's a waste of time for all the other tournaments (EVO doesn't care when it's not televised).

DyByHands

Jul 16, 2018
I dont get notifications for this thread ever since it has moved to hangouts, kind of odd.

The patch giving bonus coins is pretty cool, I guess. Gonna download this when I get home from work tonight.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Something as lazy as it is tacky, on top of being redundant as a result of the already tame default outfits selected for eSports/broadcast suitability. As though any tournaments that will bother running the game cared enough to ask for this feature (cheesecake is the least of the FGC's complaints so much as DoA still playing like DoA), let alone would get Evo to change their minds next year.

Pretty much.

Its also some weird addition that makes you wonder where the priorities for this game are. Like there are so many graphical issues with this game from neck seams to the mystery of navels on male characters and other stuff that needs fixing or improvement but what do they do instead? Add this pointless option

Atleast Lisa's mask can finally be removed

Last edited:

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Curious if Eliot remains the same, since they nerfed other top tiers.

If nothing else, KT making P5S probably opens the door to P5 outfits now... that we probably still wouldn't be able to buy individually anyway.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
This update fixed money issue for me, getting from 6K to 4K now after each online match (lobby or ranked) unlocking costumes is way easier and it's more fun now.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I actually like that tournament mode outfits, but that's because black colored lingerie is my favorite for some reason

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Patch sounds good, will need to take another crack at it. That Esports filter is hilarious to the point that I ironically love it. Absolute clown shoes.

Komarkaze

Oct 27, 2017
Are all outfits going to be censored like this going forward?

Is there an option to disable the black underclothing? Like using the same method to remove Christie's bra from some of her outfits or changing underwear color.

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Nov 17, 2017
Oh man those censor bars or should I say censor bras?

They look so silly. Couldn't they just limit the outfits if they wanted to keep everything appropriate? I feel like every fighter has at least one that is tame enough.

Also pirate outfits look cool but it also looks like I still can't buy them separately so pass.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Added because of youtube demonitization happening to DoA stuff

But why would someone pick this ugly option for their guide, combo video etc. instead of a costume that doesn't flag the video as 18+

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Youtube's automated filters keep getting weirder and inaccurate then. Weird, didn't expect that to be the reason (I don't care much about youtubers getting demonetized for this, sorry), don't think I've even heard youtubers complain about it.

Will try to be in the lobby this saturday this time around (was sick last week).

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Youtube's automated filters keep getting weirder and inaccurate then. Weird, didn't expect that to be the reason (I don't care much about youtubers getting demonetized for this, sorry), don't think I've even heard youtubers complain about it.

Will try to be in the lobby this saturday this time around (was sick last week).

Unlike MK ,where people found out you can just have D'vorah on the receiving end and due to the green blood its fine and just make the screen black and white otherwise when fatal blows or fatalities happen to other characters, you can't really censor DoA just like that to avoid filters and flagging.

Still why make everything look ugly with that filter instead of just picking costumes that work.

But yeah youtube's system is getting weirder and weirder

Last edited:

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Youtube is so huge. Does watever. What are people gonna do. Not watch YT?
I'll forever be mad at music censorship
But there's ways to find normal cuts

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
I'm playing some ranked matches, invite me if there's people willing to play.
Is it me or is netcode a bit better with this patch btw?