• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
I need casual matches in my fighters
Can't bother with ranked and lobby vs the same people over and over isn't it

Feb 22, 2019
I need casual matches in my fighters
Can't bother with ranked and lobby vs the same people over and over isn't it

In lobby choose Random characters and/or taunt a few times at the beginning of the round. People will play along.

Ranked... no such thing as casual once you get past Rank D, for better or worse - Maybe consider purposefully losing and your rank will drop, then you can play more casually. Or buy a second copy.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I would've been a salt mine after getting the reset and making it to the final match, only to lose to a wake-up super when I only needed one more hit.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Does this game have a lot of customization if you aren't buying anything? Like how does the unlock system work for customization?

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Does this game have a lot of customization if you aren't buying anything? Like how does the unlock system work for customization?
You unlock "parts" for outfits the more you play. Once you get enough parts (it's arbitrary, you can't choose the costume) you unlock a costume you must then buy with coins you get after every match.
You can then mix and match costumes, hairstyle and glasses to put your favorite outfit. The customization isn't deeper than that (nothing like Tekken or VF for example), it's just an easier way to have a costume combo than in the previous games.

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Details on the new patch:

Next month: KOF characters (the secret one surely announced at E3)!

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't seem like DoA6 DLC content (or fighting game DLC in general) would be important enough to announce at E3. Either way, they can piss off if they try to drag it out any further. An actual KoF character, rather than a Fatal Fury character who also appears in KoF like every other guest slot (Mai in 5:LR, Geese in T7, Terry in EXFL), would be preferable provided it's one whom I would actually want.

... I'm done getting my hopes up after getting the likes of Jiren, GT Kid Goku, and Janemba but no Kefla in DBFZ. Datamine or no, Bamco dragging their asses in SCVI already has me questioning whether the last choice there is really happening.

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Announcing at E3 doesn't mean it'll be at an E3 conference. Just that there's no other good timing to announce it.
It'll bring attention back to the game anyway.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I meant as a dedicated booth showcase too, not just on a stage. They're doing about as crappy a job of maintaining player interest/morale as other JP fighting game developers focused on extended support at this point, so at least I can't say that's a problem unique to them.

Seriously though, screw season passes where the company doesn't tell people EVERYTHING that's in them before asking money for them, let alone TN's "costs more than the game because we have costumes to sell, now suck it down you whale" passes. Continued radio silence on hosing Western PS4 and Steam players in general on individual DLC purchases isn't helping, either.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
I did command training for many characters but it didn't unlock their system voice, glad to know it'll be unlocked automatically later.

ShinMaruku

Oct 25, 2017
Roll call for Lobby tommrow. If we don't have enough it will be semi open. Lobby will be streamed and run for 2-3 hours or as long as people would like to play.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't touched DOA6 for several weeks now. That's kinda crazy considering the DOA series was always one of my favorite game series and I played all other games regularly for years. What a huge disappointment this game was. :(

Feb 22, 2019
I haven't touched DOA6 for several weeks now. That's kinda crazy considering the DOA series was always one of my favorite game series and I played all other games regularly for years. What a huge disappointment this game was. :(
Hey hate to break it to you but nobody really cares, you're being a downer and a broken record, feel free to just not post in the thread of a game you don't even play. Thanks!

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hey hate to break it to you but nobody really cares, you're being a downer and a broken record, feel free to just not post in the thread of a game you don't even play. Thanks!

You probably are not aware, but for my dedicated work in the old DOA6 topic and my graphics being used in this very OT I am officially granted special privileges to state my opinion from time to time in this thread, even opinions that seem to ruffle someone's feathers.
Don't worry, you could not have known though with your personal contribution of a whopping 8 posts on entire Resetera. :)

Feb 22, 2019
You probably are not aware, but for my dedicated work in the old DOA6 topic and my graphics being used in this very OT I am officially granted special privileges to state my opinion from time to time in this thread, even opinions that seem to ruffle someone's feathers.
Don't worry, you could not have known though with your personal contribution of a whopping 8 posts on entire Resetera. :)

I expected a comeback! But seriously, your opinion has been stated ad infinitum and we all get it.

I think I can say for certain the community appreciated your great photo work back when DOA6 first released. I mean that genuinely. But at some point you have distanced yourself from the game and I don't see why you must continue to spew the same negativity in the thread again and again, it's like you're trying so hard to take others down with you. A lot of us are having fun with the game. No need to kill other people's fun.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I expected a comeback! But seriously, your opinion has been stated ad infinitum and we all get it.

I think I can say for certain the community appreciated your great photo work back when DOA6 first released. I mean that genuinely. But at some point you have distanced yourself from the game and I don't see why you must continue to spew the same negativity in the thread again and again, it's like you're trying so hard to take others down with you. A lot of us are having fun with the game. No need to kill other people's fun.

To quote yourself from before: "I hate to break it to you", but you don't get to uninvite people from public forums just because you can't deal with their opinion. If my once in a while disappointment for this game and its patches/updates/DLC drags your mood indeed down so much, maybe this isn't the right place for you...

And that's it from me for this conversation, because this is what doesn't belong in this thread.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
I think that Tyaren (and a few others) has brought up good arguments about his disappointments with the game time and time again, and there's definitely still some problems. But while he didn't bring anything constructive to the table this time, there's also no point being aggressive like this.
Definitely shows that he still cares at least. And I think TN does too as proven with all their patches (although the DLC issues are a problem with KT there, sadly).

Anyway... would be nice to see you give the game a second chance now that lobbies are in and working at least as well as in 5!

ShinMaruku

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome Ayane! Dude you're good. Is there any matchup you do poorly against?
It's more players than characters. Ayane is top 3 in this game. She has very little concern matches at this point.
I think that Tyaren (and a few others) has brought up good arguments about his disappointments with the game time and time again, and there's definitely still some problems. But while he didn't bring anything constructive to the table this time, there's also no point being aggressive like this.
Definitely shows that he still cares at least. And I think TN does too as proven with all their patches (although the DLC issues are a problem with KT there, sadly).

Anyway... would be nice to see you give the game a second chance now that lobbies are in and working at least as well as in 5!
After a certain point, one has to either drop the game or give it another shot then drop the game.
A constant refrain of negativity does nothing without actions behind them. When this game launched without lobbies, I did not touch this, moment lobbies got in, I jumped back in. I also let team ninja know about my problems and issues. I will be at some tourney to try to talk to team ninja.
Some of the problems people have, people should expect some of these things. Netcode will always be trash, it's a Japanese company. PR will always be misleading, unless it's Hayashi team Ninja is very bad at PR. They should make Master do those things.

Koei sometimes can be very stupid with their budgets.

Manage your expectations.

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR

Sony EU is still showing their dislike of DOA I see (after them fucking up regularly DOA5 updates and other issues that the other regions didn't have...).
A name that people on /v/ tried hard to make a thing too. Good job...

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017

Sony EU is still showing their dislike of DOA I see (after them fucking up regularly DOA5 updates and other issues that the other regions didn't have...).
A name that people on /v/ tried hard to make a thing too. Good job...

Lol, took me a while to notice what was wrong with the image.

Komarkaze

Oct 27, 2017
I think my Xbox achievements are borked. Last week, I was 7 matches away from completing 100 ranked matches and 1 match away from ranked 50 wins. I've played and won a lot of matches since, but my achievement numbers still show the same number.

Also I noticed a couple other strange things. I was D- for a long time, but went through a string of losses after being matched with S players. A couple days later, I log in and notice my ranking is now F- . Other weird thing is in photo mode, when I change the aperture setting, it should bring parts of the frame out of focus. Now it seems to have no effect, even when I reduce it to 1.4. Anyone else experience issues?

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Will check back the photo mode, but haven't noticed that on PS4. For the rank issue, have you had some disconnect issues that might have been counted as ragequits maybe?
Might be worth waiting for the new patch in a few days just in case.

Komarkaze

Oct 27, 2017
Will check back the photo mode, but haven't noticed that on PS4. For the rank issue, have you had some disconnect issues that might have been counted as ragequits maybe?
Might be worth waiting for the new patch in a few days just in case.
I don't think I had any disconnects like that at all. Closest thing was when I accepted a rank match, it disconnected me because the other user dropped. Guess I'll wait for the patch.

Driver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I've been playing lots of Kokoro in ranked trying to obtain her costumes. Finally got them all and I really feel like I've gotten the hang of here. I actually beat a B ranked player with her last night. When I first started playing with her I was getting wrecked. I'm still surprised how much fun this game is sometimes.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing lots of Kokoro in ranked trying to obtain her costumes. Finally got them all and I really feel like I've gotten the hang of here. I actually beat a B ranked player with her last night. When I first started playing with her I was getting wrecked. I'm still surprised how much fun this game is sometimes.
I log in and play at least 1 set a day. This has the best DOA for getting me consistently logging in. I'm almost rank A now. Beat an S+ in a set the other day.

DOA is honestly one of the best fighters where every match teaches well, you rarely have to goto training mode to learn how to deal with something

Driver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I log in and play at least 1 set a day. This has the best DOA for getting me consistently logging in. I'm almost rank A now. Beat an S+ in a set the other day.

DOA is honestly one of the best fighters where every match teaches well, you rarely have to goto training mode to learn how to deal with something

I love when I figure out a moveset that my opponent is using effectively against me and start countering it successfully by changing my moveset/blocking strategy. I'm sure its fighting games 101 but I haven't played many fighting games as much as this one so every time I figure out what a player is doing it get a great sense of accomplishment. Usually it takes a few rounds, especially when I'm using a new character, but I love winning a rematch where I got Destroyed on the first set. My only problem is, once I start getting good with one character I move on to another to get their costumes so my rank isn't improving much at this point. Oh well, on to Kasumi now.

Oct 25, 2017
I love when I figure out a moveset that my opponent is using effectively against me and start countering it successfully by changing my moveset/blocking strategy. I'm sure its fighting games 101 but I haven't played many fighting games as much as this one so every time I figure out what a player is doing it get a great sense of accomplishment. Usually it takes a few rounds, especially when I'm using a new character, but I love winning a rematch where I got Destroyed on the first set. My only problem is, once I start getting good with one character I move on to another to get their costumes so my rank isn't improving much at this point. Oh well, on to Kasumi now.
if you find a character you really like, stick with them for a while. Ive got every costume unlocked and ive only played Kasumi and NiCO

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Sony EU had written "Dead on Arrival 6" instead of "Dead or Alive 6" in their weekly store update blog post.
giphy.gif

ShinMaruku

Oct 25, 2017
The fraudian slip is the trolling, how they handle there network stuff, incompetent does not begin to cover it.

Feb 22, 2019
Apparently with today's update the side step attack costs 25% of the meters.. that's annoying.
Very strange change. It's obviously going to reduce side step attack spam, a lot, but also makes it harder to plan your options when you get cornered. Makes the break meter even more of a focus of the game too, which is distracting.

All the downsides might be worth it to anyone who's lost matches to side step attack. Good players hardly use it anyway. Except when they get salty and spam it against a spammer, but that might have been a bait by the spammer in the first place! One less mind game to contend with.