• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
If they're going to bring back characters they should at least split up them up with one male one female.shit is getting ridiculous how the series keeps ignoring any type of male dlc characters. Rachel/Leon or Momji/Ein would be best instead of screwing fans of male characters over again.

ryu_highabusa

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
I'll be deeply offended if they charge $93 or whatever for old movesets again.

I'm learning new characters for my biweekly tournaments, and it just continues to baffle me with how Team Ninja approaches character archetypes in this game.

You've got the i9 jabbers with i11 mids. What do they lose for being the faster than 2/3 of the cast? They all have good crush moves and lows that stun on normal hit. Many of them have launching throws and counters. Some even have catch throws.

You've got grappler characters who are generally slower (not Hayabusa), but what are they compensated with for being slower? Catch throws? The faster characters have those too. More damaging throws? That's debatable when you look at some of the launching throws the faster characters have. Do they hit harder? Not really. Better tracking options? Nope.

There could be a good game in DOA6 (from a competitive standpoint), and it wouldn't take that many changes to get to it, but what we have right now is pretty lackluster.
6tp4eFX.jpg

Last edited:

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Screw keeping expectations low

SP2
  • Rachel and Momiji
  • 3rd character revealed at a later date (Tifa)
  • Costume packs that aren't copy paste stuff

Update:
  • Free Beach stage and story variations of existing stages
  • Aerial Gardens tease which will come later
  • Various graphical improvements and fixes
  • Phase 4 gets 3 extra costumes because reselling a character from DoA5 and not even giving her 5 costumes despite all the outfits they could reuse from 5 is still ridiculous
  • Going forward all new outfits will be purchasable individually on Ps4
Additional stuff
Alongside the beach stage for one week people will get to vote on a swimsuit from DoA5 for each character which will be added for free at a later date and return of the costume contest

What will actually happen

Momiji and a 2nd character most likely not Rachel, copy paste costume packs, stages part of season pass and now paid dlc

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I saw the rumors about a Season 2 with tag which is encouraging. I have been a bit worried this game might die off once they put out the KoF characters because it seems like there's just so much bad press around the game and not many people talking about it. Also noticeably absent from EVO.

Any guesses on how long before Koei Tecmo says something?

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I saw the rumors about a Season 2 with tag which is encouraging. I have been a bit worried this game might die off once they put out the KoF characters because it seems like there's just so much bad press around the game and not many people talking about it. Also noticeably absent from EVO.

Any guesses on how long before Koei Tecmo says something?

We will learn about Season 2 this weekend

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Wow TN..

Only 1 character

Swimsuits all very similiar instead of unique designs ranging from sexy to cute. How do you fuck up with new swimsuit dlc when you have an entire spin off series all about putting the characters in swimsuits and all those different designs from doa5. Even the season pass bonus costumes are boring.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
I wish they would get a bunch of different artists to design costumes, sort of like how it's done in mobile games. I would be willing to pay just a little bit more too for the effort. I wonder what the new stage is going to play like.

It's already pretty late in the month so the season pass is sort of only 2 months long. In that sense, maybe we won't have to wait to long for another character. I hate when season passes are so secretive though. Just tell me what's in the thing that you want people to buy.

They haven't officially announced the pass yet though, this was a leak. Maybe they'll give us a bit more details when they officially announce it.

Have they started selling DLC costumes individually yet?
They have on PC but I think we're still waiting on PS4. Maybe there is some weirdness to changing DLC that's already been uploaded up PSN? Hopefully costumes will be available for individual purchase in this next set.
Wow TN..

Only 1 character

Swimsuits all very similiar instead of unique designs ranging from sexy to cute. How do you fuck up with new swimsuit dlc when you have an entire spin off series all about putting the characters in swimsuits and all those different designs from doa5. Even the season pass bonus costumes are boring.
At least you got that beach stage. When you put it like that it is kind of funny though. They must have tons of costumes they could pull from.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
At least you got that beach stage.

With the beach stage coming alongside a pass with swimsuits, maybe Lorelei (Halloween) will come alongside pass 3 starting in October with Halloween costumes

Which is still all pretty disappointing as 6 just continues to feel like its playing catch up to 5 while being a worse offering

Cannot fucking believe they failed with swimsuits when they had a million designs to choose from.

Last edited:

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019

I really like that stage! That dolphin danger zone looks fun. They said on the stream that its actually free.

Doa5 had numerous passes with 0 characters.
That's a good point. The season pass is also over a relatively short span of time too, so it probably wont be too long before we see season 3.

Dis guy is so fast with this stuff.

Last edited:

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
So one character with 5 debut costumes pretty much once again confirms its female. Its hilariously pathetic how predictable this company is.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, pretty much no effort copy-pastes again with the swimsuits. Quite positive that they simply recycled assets from the two beach stages in 5:LR and added a Danger Zone, but free is free I guess.
So one character with 5 debut costumes pretty much once again confirms its female. Its hilariously pathetic how predictable this company is.
Anyone hoping for DoA not to prioritize female characters is only inviting disappointment, really.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Helena should have gotten her gold one piece bikini

Christie her LR preorder one

Tina could have had the hardest difficulty unlock from DoA5

Lisa should have gotten her gold one with her gold nail polish

Nyo should have one of her X3 swimsuits

A character could have had a shirt over the bikini that gets seethrough when wet

The male characters could have had a mix of speedos, trunks and shorts

Some characters could have had a summer hat or a base cap

You could have had a male and female character looking like they are right out of baywatch

Why did they go for such boring swimsuits. People who don't want them in the game won't be happy even if they are so tame while those who want them obviously want unique and better looking ones.

The stage looks cool sadly the game still lacks someone with a clear artistic vision making things look less bland and have more vibrant colors etc.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I question if that third DLC character is actually Momiji, if only because the arrangement on the select screen would look odd placing her to the right of Mai and Kula. Seems more likely that swapping characters around on the select screen layout will come later.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I question if that third DLC character is actually Momiji, if only because the arrangement on the select screen would look odd placing her to the right of Mai and Kula. Seems more likely that swapping characters around on the select screen layout will come later.

Nyo, P4, Momiji, Mai, Kula, random

Then with pass 3 you add Rachel next to Momiji and make random a button press instead of a slot

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
Man, looking back at some of the DOA5 costume sets, Team Ninja really could improve on making interesting dlc costumes. Like there are tons of sets that are just "Here's one costume for the guys and one costume for the girls and they all wear it the same besides a couple really minor details." That's not to say there weren't sets with a lot of variation because there were, especially more than we have in DOA6 right now. Still though, so many of them are just so boring.

I reiterate that I think it would be really cool if they could get multiple artists to design costumes in each set, really focusing on characters personality. You could even use the artwork as one of those title cards that pop up when you select characters. If they wanted to go the extra mile too they could have unique into and outro animations, but I could understand that being a little bunch. Again, I would pay more for the effort instead. Less costumes but more quality costumes would be great.

I hope that character is Momiji but I would be a little sad if she wasn't released back to back with Rachel.

Deleted member 16025

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't seen anyone here acknowledging that the reveal video says it's a "discounted set". I am guessing that means $47.99?

I think the swimsuits are a bit unexciting but I will still get the pass. I really REALLY hope they put their full effort into the Halloween costumes this year. Those were always the best parts of DOA5LR's costumes. I will be super disappointed if it's just everyone wearing the same generic devil outfit with small differences or something.

Pretty happy with how the new stage looks though!

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Any word of what songs are included in the Vacation to Paradise BGM Set? I assume DOAX3 stuff, but I would like to see a proper list.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Still no individual costume purchases.. lmao alright Koei Tecmo you really don't want people to spend money on your game

Season pass 2 80 bucks lol

Last edited:

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
The worst part of all the new costumes being basically the same is that I actually really like the prints on each of them. They're all really fitting of each character.

So am I hearing PS4 still doesn't have individual costume purchases? I wonder why. It seems like PS4 is to what PC was for DOA5 now.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What's wrong with Hayabusa's neck? If you are referring to these very noticable seams then all characters have those, on their necks, arms, on the sides of the torsos...

Aug 26, 2018
日本
What's wrong with Hayabusa's neck? If you are referring to these very noticable seams then all characters have those, on their necks, arms, on the sides of the torsos...
No, but sure. Fix those, too.

If Hayabusa turns his head, his neck juts outward. Likely because they didn't paint the weights on the rig properly. I haven't noticed it with other characters, but maybe I should check.
pls-jpg.28165

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
No, but sure. Fix those, too.

If Hayabusa turns his head, his neck juts outward. Likely because they didn't paint the weights on the rig properly. I haven't noticed it with other characters, but maybe I should check.
pls-jpg.28165

Is it in all costumes or just the ones with a naked upper body?
I don't know if they'd fix something like this. The navel thing was only very slowly fixed (with a several mess ups inbetween), because people complained again and again and it became sort of a meme and laughing stock.

Several character also have alpha map hair issues, which look really fugly, and they don't seem to care at all:

33644820638_2f319472c9_o.png

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Its anecdotal of course but man does it feel like they continue to massively fuck up with dlc. Whether its due to the costume designs or no way to purchase individual costumes but I barely run into anyone who uses dlc outfits in this game meanwhile when throughout DoA5's lifespan new costumes were released atleast shortly after the release almost everyone I encountered had the new dlc costumes.

Deleted member 16025

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did any of the season passes ever go on sale for DOA5LR? Like ever? Just curious.

I want Season Pass 2 for DOA6 but I'm sort of torn on doing so before seeing what the rest of it entails. Also not super keen on dropping $80 right now and then likely being asked to spend another $80-90 in October because this thing ends right before the Halloween costumes. I mean I guess there's a shot that the last 26 outfits for SP2 could be Halloween, but that'd mean releasing it in September which seems unlikely.

Its weird being such a fan of a game but also sort of hating it. We could be looking at having had 3 season passes in like 9 months time by end of the year. That's pretty wild when you consider that you could have bought the deluxe edition for $80, then SP1 for $93, then SP2 for $80, and then SP3 for $80-93 (probably). They are asking a lot of their fans when the game still has a lot of work to be done to get on the same level as DOA5LR.

Last edited:

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
It seems like dataminers might have soft confirmed that Momiji is the DLC character with the possibility of Rachel being the next one.

Obviously not a 100% confirmation of anything, but still interesting.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
Well thats cool. Atleast character wise the dlc isn't disappointing
Yeah. Though datamining isn't really a 100% confirmation of anything. If your a Momiji and Rachel fan I think there's reason to be excited but there's always the chance it might not happen. I love Ninja Gaiden so I'm going to get myself excited anyways.

I'm kind of wondering how they'll roll out the remaining characters from 5 if they are going to at all. If this leak is true that would mean we still have Gen Fu, Leon, Ein, and Alpha-152, right? Brand new characters would be neat too.