• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
So Momiji with alts + debut costume dlc + Ninja costume pack on the 19th

The transforming Ninja outfits just turning gold is disappointing considering DoA5 had actual transforming outfits

Ayane and Kasumi get their DoA5LR preorder Ninja outfits. In the case of Kasumi that one really should have just been her DoA6 default instead of the new one she got

Last edited:

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much confirms Rachel as well I would say. With something Rachel related datamined, Momiji confirmed and Momiji in particular being released as a Ninja Gaiden anniversary celebration

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Very excited for Thursday. Momiji is a personal fave and I happen to like how characters like Christie and Helena look as ninjas, so this is awesome for me.

I wish we got the forest stage back. Best stage of all time. Maybe the cool DOA2 stage with the stained glass would be nice too.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
They resell us an old character, with her old costumes and the DLC ninja costumes are also resold, old costumes. :/ They are not even trying anymore.

They announced a costume design contest though, I might particpate again in there. :)

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
They resell us an old character, with her old costumes and the DLC ninja costumes are also resold, old costumes. :/ They are not even trying anymore.

They announced a costume design contest though, I might particpate again in there. :)
Yeah, the lack of variety in the costumes has been very disappointing for sure. If the inevitable Halloween costume pack is just four costumes recolored between everyone, then man, they've really given up.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Repost but I don't care, gaming side doesn't really count anyway. Just as I said, for all their crappy excuses for not including her in the base roster, they just wanted to be able to sell her back to people.

Her Break Blow is just as boring as the ones they made the majority of them, and is much too similar to Ayane's.

And yes, those ninja outfits just turning gold for their transformations instead of actually switching to completely different costumes is also lame.

Last edited:

ShinMaruku

Oct 25, 2017
Only Ayane and Misty and Honkers and Helena and Kokoro should get gold. The 3 sisters are princesses and the Douglass sisters are American Nobility

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
I'm happy with this. I absolutely adore Ninja Gaiden.

Kind of weird how they celebrate the 15th anniversary of Ninja Gaiden in this trailer. I guess they're going off the reboot. The series as a whole is 31 now.

Costumes might be on the weak side, but looking back on DOA5's dlc recently I've got to say new characters were the only interesting things. That and the casual costumes.

Looks like most of their creative energy in Nioh 2 right now.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
S3 announced at the Online WC tournament

Rachel probably revealed at the DoA Fes then

If someone can read Japanese, here is the full upcoming content chart
EFjco_LVUAE6rtZ

Japan also getting the ticket system. Guess they will add it to all regions and platforms as it probably makes adding stuff easier for them

also this if someone could translate
EFjeMRrWoAcIx-e

EFjco_MU4AERBtr

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
my japanese is weak, but pretty sure its just saying that a costume design contest will be starting in mid october and running into november.

And bunny costumes on 10/15

DyByHands

Jul 16, 2018
I read on fsd there will be more classic costumes added in batches via updates. Not season pass, like the recent hayabusa and mila costumes.

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
With Rachel being the final waifu to be added unless this joke company resorts to selling VV characters next, hopefully they'll finally bring back Leon after so i can actually start giving a fuck about this game

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Is the DOA4 OST in this yet? I haven't played it since launch but the heavy emphasis on DLC has turned me off a bit. Shame because the actual fighting gameplay seems to be the best.

Aug 26, 2018
日本
I swear to god if they just release a deluge of women-only fetish packs after that whole rigamarole about wanting to be "cool" and taken seriously, I'm dropping the game.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
With Rachel being the final waifu to be added unless this joke company resorts to selling VV characters next, hopefully they'll finally bring back Leon after so i can actually start giving a fuck about this game
I'm still not expecting them to sell any male characters outside of an update that includes them with a new version of the base game.
I swear to god if they just release a deluge of women-only fetish packs after that whole rigamarole about wanting to be "cool" and taken seriously, I'm dropping the game.
There are still people who believe that hogwash of theirs? Even after how the game was marketed in Japan? Even after the "core values" fiasco?

Nothing at all is surprising about where their priorities will be with DLC outfits.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
With how they are specifically making costume packs outside of the Season pass that are old costumes from 5 brought back to resell them to people, there really should be a way to get the costumes for free if you bought them in 5..

DoA6 really just feels like a game that exists to get the dlc train going and not because they wanted to make a quality DoA6. Its either really low effort new costumes or just selling you old dlc again. This wouldn't be a problem if the game already had a large amount of costumes per character because they made good use of all those costumes and assets made for 5 over the years but that unfortunately is not the case.

Last edited:

stn

Oct 28, 2017
With how they are specifically making costume packs outside of the Season pass that are old costumes from 5 brought back to resell them to people, there really should be a way to get the costumes for free if you bought them in 5..

DoA6 really just feels like a game that exists to get the dlc train going and not because they wanted to make a quality DoA6. Its either really low effort new costumes or just selling you old dlc again. This wouldn't be a problem if the game already had a large amount of costumes per character because they made good use of all those costumes and assets made for 5 over the years but that unfortunately is not the case.
Its a shame because the gameplay in 6 is good. But I find everything else to be lacking compared to previous entries. Oh well.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019

Is the DOA4 OST in this yet? I haven't played it since launch but the heavy emphasis on DLC has turned me off a bit. Shame because the actual fighting gameplay seems to be the best.
I'm pretty sure that's in already. You just need to unlock it (through DOA Quest I believe).

Deleted member 16025

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So we get a season pass AND an extra 64 outfits returning from DOA5LR? That's cool. I REALLY hope the Halloween costumes are unique to the characters but I feel that's probably not the case.

Arcsurvivor

Jul 13, 2018
The outfits are decent for the roster and I like the intros when they taunt or make a remark about the opponent.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
One day they will patch in something as basic as spotify integration on ps4..

Makes no sense its still not in. They patched it into the first Nioh and it was even in the Alpha for Nioh2

Deleted member 16025

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

No trailer yet for the season pass. Fingers crossed for Halloween costumes that aren't just 3 variations of the same costume spread across the roster.

Oct 25, 2017
They arent bad looking costumes at least, but the copy and paste sure is tiring.

Bothers me a little less since I only ever buy for 3 characters

Deleted member 16025

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love the witch costumes but I miss the unique costumes they did for DOA5LR. The exclusive costumes for the season pass are just palette swaps of other costumes for Kasumi and Ayane though so that's bad because that sucks but also good because now I won't feel bad for skipping this season pass and just cherry picking my faves.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I like them. Most of the DOA5 costumes were copy-pasted, I'm sure we'll get "designed" ones later too.
What is pretty terrible is the season pass exclusive costumes though, like the previous one, there's no reason to get it over getting some packs separately.

Deleted member 16025

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So now that Season Pass 3 is up, we know the next two releases of 16 costumes each are going to be 32 costumes in the same style, like the Wedding outfits were. Not sure what it'll be, but at least fans looking for guy costumes will get something.

I'm thinking either the the two remaining Season Pass releases or the two remaining Revival sets are going to be Christmas/Santa outfits we saw in DOA5LR. Leaning toward the Revival sets for that, but who knows.

I hope Rachel comes soon. Likely end of November. Was really hoping we'd get Haunted Lorelei back for Halloween but oh well. I'll take any stage they can get us. I'd love to see Forest come back though. Greatest stage ever. Maybe the one from DOA2 with the huge stained glass windows would be cool.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Was really hoping we'd get Haunted Lorelei back for Halloween but oh well. I'll take any stage they can get us. I'd love to see Forest come back though. Greatest stage ever. Maybe the one from DOA2 with the huge stained glass windows would be cool.

Yup and to make things more annoying starting the game greets you with a night version of DoA Colloseum with a full moon as the main menu background. They couldn't even be bothered to make that a stage when all you need to do is replace the sky box with said night sky.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
So now that Season Pass 3 is up, we know the next two releases of 16 costumes each are going to be 32 costumes in the same style, like the Wedding outfits were. Not sure what it'll be, but at least fans looking for guy costumes will get something.

I'm thinking either the the two remaining Season Pass releases or the two remaining Revival sets are going to be Christmas/Santa outfits we saw in DOA5LR. Leaning toward the Revival sets for that, but who knows.

I hope Rachel comes soon. Likely end of November. Was really hoping we'd get Haunted Lorelei back for Halloween but oh well. I'll take any stage they can get us. I'd love to see Forest come back though. Greatest stage ever. Maybe the one from DOA2 with the huge stained glass windows would be cool.
The new character releases in December.
But yeah, the big costume pack is likely christmas themed as usual.

Deleted member 16025

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yup and to make things more annoying starting the game greets you with a night version of DoA Colloseum with a full moon as the main menu background. They couldn't even be bothered to make that a stage when all you need to do is replace the sky box with said night sky.
I was going to ask about this! It's weird that they would make that the menu image when you can't actually select that version of the stage. Definitely going to ask about that on Twitter.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Since the character is obviously
Rachel at this point, especially with the full moon choice
I guess they could announce most stages are getting a night variant when they reveal the character at DOAFes.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to ask about this! It's weird that they would make that the menu image when you can't actually select that version of the stage. Definitely going to ask about that on Twitter.

Yeah when I saw it I went right to check the stage list if its somewhere as an alternate version or even temporarely replaced the regular stage but nope.

They could have had this night sky, remove the spectators and have the stage covered lightly in mist or something