• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
It still works though.

Off:

2CLY7Lp.jpg

On:

1xmIaXc.jpg

Massive improvement.

Just a casual 25% FPS increase (at least in that still image) :P

I remember looking up rebar a couple months ago for something else and being sadface when my lowly 2060 didn't support it.

FellowTarnished

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2022
Yes, the newer versions just moved and relabeled to make it easier to find.

Yeah I've grabbed it now. Absolutely blown away by the improvement, 36fps increase is massive and it will help smooth out the last 2 chapters which ran about 30fps lower for me than the rest of the game. Now I just need them to fix the stuttering and I'm ready for my NG+ run.

Just a casual 25% FPS increase (at least in that still image) :P

I remember looking up rebar a couple months ago for something else and being sadface when my lowly 2060 didn't support it.

Absolutely nuts this isn't enabled by default.

Kami

Jul 13, 2020
Had no idea ReBar wasn't enabled by default in every game. Now I'm wondering what other games I could've had higher performance in.

Beanbeany

Apr 25, 2022
Got it working now I'm mostly maxing out my oled at 120hz. This is pretty dang snazzy.

I went from 100ish to hitting my cap of 120 in the couple of rooms I was walking around in to test.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Holy shit this is insane, went from 108 fps locked in the same spot to 130fps locked in the same spot. That's with max settings, DLSS quality at 3440x1440. Turned my 4070 Ti into a 4080.

This has to appear in the digital foundry video.

Witchcraft

Oct 9, 2022
This rebar tip is a revelation. Now I'm wondering what other things there are that are available on my 3070 but not enabled by default.

ShiftyRat

Oct 27, 2017
Hah I was just Googling ReBAR this morning because I was doing a bios update and noticed it was turned off in my bios. I went ahead and enabled it just because... and now I am reading that it gives a huge performance boost in the next major game I planned on playing (DSR).

I'm still going to wait for another patch or two before diving in. I want the game to look/perform as good as possible.

Charles

Nov 15, 2017
Is there an AMD equivalent to ReBAR? Google is not really clearing this up for me.

Edit: Oh nevermind, there is a resizable bar setting in Adrenaline but I cannot use it :)

PolygonFlux

Jan 1, 2018
Is there an AMD equivalent to ReBAR? Google is not really clearing this up for me
ReBAR isn't just for Nvidia. It's available for all vendors, including Intel. As far as I'm aware, it's properly enabled for all games on AMD cards. Nvidia chose to limit it to specific games, and hasn't updated their list of 'compatible' games for a while. Meaning newer releases may benefit from ReBAR, but it needs to be switched on manually like is being discussed in here.

It does however require a compatible GPU, CPU and Motherboard to be enabled.

Apr 21, 2018
The game looks good on HDR but l have this strange feeling that it look quite better on SDR mode.

like slight better depth and shadow detail, off course hdr have more brighness but l like the he sdr feel more.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I've never heard of ReBAR. So it has to be an item available in the BIOS too or you can't use it?

Oct 25, 2017
In my Nvidia control panel rebar is set to on, but when I go to profile inspector I don't see a choice for rebar to enable, anyone have any suggestions?

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
What video card do you have?

If Nvidia, go into Nvidia Control Panel. Click on Help > System info. What does it say for resizable bar?

3070ti. Resizable Bar is listed as No. I noticed someone mentioned the BIOS so I wondered if my motherboard supported it.

SliChillax

Oct 30, 2017
Tirana, Albania
It does, I was using the wrong inspector settings. Rebar works all the way back on the 8th gen intel cpus.

I can't seem to get it to work in Callisto Protocol, that game is such a performance turd. I get like 50% gpu utilization and 20% Cpu on balanced FSR 4k.
According to Nvidia it requires Intel 10th gen and beyond. I had the 9900k and 3080ti and couldn't get rebar.

www.nvidia.com

GeForce RTX 30 Series Performance Accelerates With Resizable BAR Support | GeForce News | NVIDIA

Support available now for all GeForce RTX 30 Series Founders Edition graphics cards, and select GeForce RTX 30 Series laptops.<br/>

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
According to Nvidia it requires Intel 10th gen and beyond. I had the 9900k and 3080ti and couldn't get rebar.

www.nvidia.com

GeForce RTX 30 Series Performance Accelerates With Resizable BAR Support | GeForce News | NVIDIA

Support available now for all GeForce RTX 30 Series Founders Edition graphics cards, and select GeForce RTX 30 Series laptops.<br/>
Well, I think it was based on your motherboard vender. My z390 motherboard from asus got the update for rebar. It definitely works and tried it.

Nov 8, 2017
Never used Nvid inspector before, not sure how to use it.

I don't see a "Dead Space (remake)" option in nvid inspector. I tried adding a custom profile then it said the exe was already added to the "Dead Space" profile. But I'm confused because I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be for the OG game (since it also had Dead Space 2 and 3 next to it in the list).

Does it "matter" if I use the normal dead space profile for enabling ReBAR? Will it actually work or is it just getting confused?

myzhi

Oct 27, 2017
3070ti. Resizable Bar is listed as No. I noticed someone mentioned the BIOS so I wondered if my motherboard supported it.
To have it:

1) Card bios updated to support. Get firmware from the manufacturer's web site if needed.

2) MB supports it. Enable in bios. Might also need a bios update.

3) Nvidia drivers that support it. Latest drivers should do.

I don't see a "Dead Space (remake)" option in nvid inspector. I tried adding a custom profile then it said the exe was already added to the "Dead Space" profile. But I'm confused because I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be for the OG game (since it also had Dead Space 2 and 3 next to it in the list).

Does it "matter" if I use the normal dead space profile for enabling ReBAR? Will it actually work or is it just getting confused?

Type Dead Space in the box and it should come up with Remake version too.

Nov 8, 2017

Ok that worked it appeared, although it doesn't list any exes in the green bit, while the exe in just "Dead Space" (not remake) DID list 2 exes, deadspace and dead space. Also, when I reverted the regular (not remake) dead space profile to default, it undid my nvcp 60fps cap (confirmed by checking in Nvidia Control Panel, I originally set to 60fps and now it's got no limit).

Should I be removing one of the exes from one profile and adding to the remake profile? Or does it magically know what to do despite not having any exe listed?

FellowTarnished

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2022

github.com

Releases · Orbmu2k/nvidiaProfileInspector

Contribute to Orbmu2k/nvidiaProfileInspector development by creating an account on GitHub.

GXG3obs.jpg

NoWayOut

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, looks like my CPU doesn't support it, it's showing up as Not Available/Supported in Nvidia Control Panel.

Something to remember to turn on after my next upgrade, I guess.

If ReBar is not enabled in the BIOS, NCP won't see it or use it. Keep in mind that not all motherboards support it, especially if they are few years old. Definitely worth a try.

myzhi

Oct 27, 2017
Ok that worked it appeared, although it doesn't list any exes in the green bit, while the exe in just "Dead Space" (not remake) DID list 2 exes, deadspace and dead space. Also, when I reverted the regular (not remake) dead space profile to default, it undid my nvcp 60fps cap (confirmed by checking in Nvidia Control Panel, I originally set to 60fps and now it's got no limit).

Should I be removing one of the exes from one profile and adding to the remake profile? Or does it magically know what to do despite not having any exe listed?
You don't need to do all that. Just select the Remake from drop down search. Go to section "5-Common", enable the 3 rebar settings, click apply above and done.

Kami

Jul 13, 2020
Hmm, not really noticing a difference with ReBar on or off. Tried toggling it with the game running. Maybe I need to reboot the PC?

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
To have it:

1) Card bios updated to support. Get firmware from the manufacturer's web site if needed.

2) MB supports it. Enable in bios. Might also need a bios update.

3) Nvidia drivers that support it. Latest drivers should do.

Yeah I found it in my BIOS on my Gigabyte motherboard. It was really hidden in there. I had to find some chipset option called "Above 4G Decoding" and enable it before the option appeared to enabled Resizable Bar. I'm on the latest NVIDIA driver too. However, Resizable Bar is still listed as NO in the NVIDIA Control Panel. I dunno maybe this is a waste of my time. Probably my CPU that's the problem since it's getting up there in age (i7 8700k).

myzhi

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I found it in my BIOS on my Gigabyte motherboard. It was really hidden in there. I had to find some chipset option called "Above 4G Decoding" and enable it before the option appeared to enabled Resizable Bar. I'm on the latest NVIDIA driver too. However, Resizable Bar is still listed as NO in the NVIDIA Control Panel. I dunno maybe this is a waste of my time.
Since you meet 2/3 criteria, it means the last one is updating the bios on the video card. Get bios and flashing software from the manufacturer's web site.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Since you meet 2/3 criteria, it means the last one is updating the bios on the video card. Get bios and flashing software from the manufacturer's web site.

I have a 3070ti FE and I don't see any BIOS updates on the NVIDIA website. I combed through it a little bit ago.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just found out that my CPU and motherboard actually support Resizeable Bar and I just enabled it in the BIOS. My Nvidia drivers properly detect that it's enabled in System Information. Do I have to do anything to get it working in Dead Space?

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017

I downloaded and ran the tool but it says my GPU is unsupported. It lists the 3070 as supported but I have a 3070ti. The hell? Oh well I'm not gonna worry about it. Thanks for your help though!

EDIT: I fixed it. I had to disable CSM mode on my BIOS before it would work. Now it's set to YES. I guess the tool didn't work because the 3070ti already has it in the stock BIOS.

Last edited:

myzhi

Oct 27, 2017
I just found out that my CPU and motherboard actually support Resizeable Bar and I just enabled it in the BIOS. My Nvidia drivers properly detect that it's enabled in System Information. Do I have to do anything to get it working in Dead Space?
You have to still download and run Nvidia Inspector, latest is 2.4.0.3. Check video below. It's for Flight Simulator, but instead, search for Dead Space. The rest of the steps are the same.

youtu.be

Msfs2020*Performance Update* Resizable bar setting have changed! Nvidia Profile Inspector update!

Hello everyone hope you are well! Today in microsoft flight simulator 2020we will discuss the new REbar settings for the Nvidia profile inspector . This is n...

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You have to still download and run Nvidia Inspector, latest is 2.4.0.3. Check video below. It's for Flight Simulator, but instead, search for Dead Space. The rest of the steps are the same.

www.youtube.com

Msfs2020*Performance Update* Resizable bar setting have changed! Nvidia Profile Inspector update!

Hello everyone hope you are well! Today in microsoft flight simulator 2020we will discuss the new REbar settings for the Nvidia profile inspector . This is n...
Thanks so much!

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
rebar enabled for me does give performance lift from around 80-85% load at 4k60 to about 50-70% but stutters are worse on my system

3080/5800x