• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Realistically how much longer do you think we have Tom Holland, selfishly I want him to play Spider-man through marriage and childbirth for Peter.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
pretending to be the mystical defender of another universe is perfectly in keeping with Mysterio's routine of pretending to be something much greater than what he actually was. The fact that his enemies were generic elemental monsters was exactly the point. His cover story would be completely ridiculous in any reality that hadn't lived through Thanos' snap.
i guess i see that. it just wasnt very interesting to me.
the idea that the mcu world has become unable to detect bullshit after what happened is kind of a dead end narratively. part of the appeal of marvel vs dc is the world stays relatively ordinary, no matter how used to nonsense people get. and why not just lean in to the ridiculousness, rather than having such a dry premise for mysterio's illusions? make it so wacky you almost can't believe it, so you're forced to accept it because who would make up shit that weird. like i said, I get the whole "people will believe anything" angle, I just don't think thats a statement that has real meaning

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Verse is overrated.

Mysterio is the truth.
Preach. Spider-verse stans are far worse than Raimi fans. As much shit I like to give the Raimi movies, at least that trilogy had 2 enjoyable movies that I still like to go back to even if I think they aged like milk in the sun. I watched Spider-verse once and I don't see myself going back to that any time soon. MCU Spidey stays winning.

Completely agree with both these posts.